Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general revo discussion
You're talking about on the trans... right?? Where the wires go in... Can't you just put that little piece back on??
I meant the radio box...the big rectangle where the opti sits. I'll leave the trans sensor and just bundle the wires until the first time I have the trans apart.
Ahhh... gotcha. I think I'm going to go with my original plan and get rid of all of that crap so I don't need to take it apart again...
Well... that was actually a piece of cake. There is really only one way to put it together and have it work so that was nice. I think it was the reverse gear that I shredded actually. (Of the 2 gears on either side of the reverse slider selector thingy it was the narrower one. I assumed the foreward one would be beefier) Well I chewed about half of the teeth off of it so I am going to head to Al's a bit later and see what all I need to do the FOC. (Since I don't think I even need this gear any more.) I will post up a pic later and let you know how the reassembly went.

(And I just thought of something... I RTVed the reciever box so it is pretty well shut right now. I think I am going to need to razorblade it and pry it open so I can actually get the opti-drive module out. It just figures that after never needing to open it the first time that I do is right after I seal it. Rolleyes )
Where do those little red aluminum spacers go that come with the P2 rocker set???
freeride, they go inbetween the pushrod and the pushrod end to give it a little more length.
And don't scratch up those new beauties!!
Yeah... thanks. I kind of looked at it and then figured they needed to be longer than stock. Then I played match the colors. Worked out well. hehe...

Well after the FOC and P2 rockers and red aluminum pushrods the Revo runs AWESOME! I didn't think I would be able to tell a speed difference with the FOC but I was shocked. Accelerates quicker, faster top speed, everything. And P2's all the way. Huge difference.... I turned the maxx tires which I was running in the rear backwards... back to the right direction. Even when it is sitting lower now it flies through the snow. I couldn't be happier. The best part was that the P2 rockers, pushrods, and FOC barely cost me over $40. 1 pair of Ti rockers would have been $50. I think I have come to my senses about project Tivo... hehe
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:And don't scratch up those new beauties!!

I didn't. I refused to use pliers on them. I use an allen to get leverage when twisting and just held onto the rod for dear life. :bustingup It worked out well...
I used rubber blocks and pliers to hang onto the tube. I used a nice awl that fit the rod end nicely to turn them off/on.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
And here is what I did to the reverse gear...

[Image: gear.jpg]

And here is the revo in the sno after tearing through a tank...

[Image: snowrevo.jpg]
That thing is still 60% good. Seriously, was your opti drive working properly when that happened? Not that it matters.
Yeah it was working fine. I was at pretty much WOT in reverse in the snow. I think I may have just grabbed a little bit of traction. I would rather have that be the weak point rather than a driveshaft or something...
Sort of a on topic statement here, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the optidrive supposed limit throttle in reverse to like 50% or so? If you were getting 100% in reverse, maybe something was wrong? Warranty call to Traxxas?
I think it limits it to 75%. I wasn't going foreward WOT... I was going reverse WOT... which is still bookin pretty good. Well in the end it exploded and there were teeth everywhere. But... I learned that the revo trans is really basic and a monkey could probably fix it and that the FOC is a must have.
So what else should I do to start making the revo somewhat raceable?? I have the P2 rocker and red aluminum pushrod setup and FOC. I will be getting a personal transmitter after christmas as well as a set of bowlines on some sort of wheels. What else should I do? Is a wing reccomended and if so what mounting hardware do I need? For now I am running the 2.5r with EZ start but will probably be switching to an OS .18 shortly after christmas as well. I know I should get another radio and probably a single steering servo. Do I need different parts for the single servo?? just looking for some suggestions.
I'm getting lots of spare parts like arms, hubs, etc.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
So you saw the wall after the straightaway huh... that looks like a mean one.

And I have all of the extra arms except a rear upper. (I broke one already) I am not going to worry about hubs yet though.. (And I may get CVD's as well...)
I just had a great talk with Stahoo who raced a Revo at LHs last year. He said that hub carriers and rockers were the weak points on his truck, and he upgraded to RPM hubs and metal rockers.

There are two straights with concrete walls on that layout......
Yeah... I put the plastic P2's on just to have them for now. I can replace them 4 times before the price of aluminum and 10 times before the price of titanium. I may go aluminum in the future but for now I'm ok. (And I guess I should look into hubs)
http://www.rdracingproducts.com/store/in...183f608db3

the proline single steering arm

and the traxxas heavy duty servo saver spring
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXHGE0&P=7

Attached Files
.jpg   single steering arm...revo2.jpg (Size: 3.47 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   proline single steering arm..revo.jpg (Size: 27.95 KB / Downloads: 9)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Gotcha... now I need a servo. lol And a radio... and everything else...
is the proline aluminum servo arm necesary? i use the stocker but i cut it to look like the proline. i went to leisure last night and got some of my goodies for christmas. heres what i got so far JR 650m servo, a crowd pleazer body, some paint, HD servo saver spring. anything else i should get for running at leisure? i dont have a set of "race" tires yet but i do plan on buying some.
Tires IMO should be the first thing, they are the biggest performance booster. PM me if your interested in a $30 set of race tires.

The Proline arm is not neccessary but it does eliminate that much more flex out of your steering system which= more precise steering. Definitely not a must, but for $13 why not?
Combine the proline arm with RD part number REV102 and the traxxas heavy duty spring and you gots yo self a strong steering system. Couple that stuff with a good steering servo and you can turn with the best of them.
So let's see here:
Proline arm - $13
RDRacing REV102 - $15
traxxas HD spring - $5
decent servo (new/used) - $50

=$83+tax and you will turn the tightest corner at Leisure Hours Raceway with ease
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Ease and speed, right Tex? Transit time on the servo,along with sufficient torque, is what you're after in a the new servo. Having massive torque won't be all that helpful if it takes too klong to swing the wheels around in fast twisty parts of the track.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,364 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,863 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 6,108 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 12,425 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 7,214 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Quick Revo Diff question stratcat 12 3,062 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Revo? Whitey04 33 6,165 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  vantage one-way axle for 3.3 revo Meatwad 5 2,149 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Last Post: hansarvin
  Revo 3.3 Setup SEEKandDESTROY2 10 2,582 03-16-2007, 07:56 AM