Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general revo discussion
Ok guys we've been having a lot of revo questions and talks goign on so i thought i would try to focus it all in one thread instead of spreading it around into all the other discussions. So feel free to post away about anything about the revo. Thers plenty of revo owners here to help out and give ya advice or answer question.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
lets see my greevo can do about 45 when geared for it so about twice as fast as your truck.
.....deleted
ok lets try and at least keep this thread serious now.
Actually I think that would be a good idea to have a seperate forum for each type of off-road vehicle. Big Grin
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Dont Forget stadium Trucks.
[
You must have trouble reading, Lets keept this thread serious now for people who might really need help.
....deleted
PLEASE keep this thread on topic..... follow the rules and nothing gets deleted.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
has anyone had any experience with the traxxas tubes for the revo yet? Im interested in buying those but i havent heard anything about them yet.
Actually surprized that alot fo people didnt run out and get them. You'd think by now, someone would have bought them from this board and gave a little review.
Also, any updates on when the set-back arms are coming out ?
Or the new pipe ?
hey I have a t-maxx and Im thinking about getting a better truck like the revo and I wanted to know is it worth the money and is it complicated to set up, upgrade, and fix or not.

thanks, traxxas thrasher
Michowski Wrote:has anyone had any experience with the traxxas tubes for the revo yet? Im interested in buying those but i havent heard anything about them yet.

I just bent my first front tie rod and I suspect it was from wheel impact, not a direct hit on the rod. I plan on trying the Tubes for the front to start. $25 a pair seems to be the going price.
If you dont want to be spending hundreds of dollars to make your t-maxx reliable then you would probly be better off with a revo. The only way to make the t-maxx a good truck is to make a supermaxx but in todays day its just a way outdated truck. Doesnt matter what truck you get because everything vehicle needs upgrading and I dont think the revo need that much.
Revo compared to Maxx is huge IMO.

For starters, Traxxas finally got smart and got rid of the phillips screws (thank god)
The Revo right out of the box has some tuning options, which is good for most people.
The reverse works almost flawless compared to some of the issues the Maxx truck had.
The Revo also takes abuse better, say good bye to broken bulkheads. =)

Not sure exactly what they did to the 2.5, but the thing is alot better than the older models.

Working on the Revo looks intimidating sometimes, But I think its alot more user-friendly than the maxx series trucks. Overall, I think its a good upgrade for a racer or basher.

Hope that helped alittle.
traxxas thrasher Wrote:hey I have a t-maxx and Im thinking about getting a better truck like the revo and I wanted to know is it worth the money and is it complicated to set up, upgrade, and fix or not. thanks, traxxas thrasher

Revo is worth the money ($425 roughly). Depends what you expect out of it. Racers do upgrade them quite a bit. Fun bashers (me) do just fine stock. Easy to work on. Plentiful upgrades (just bring money). Completely flexible truck on setup and tuning!! Too many suspension variables to mention, but plenty of info out there to guide you along the way to a great setup. I would buy another in a second. If I were looking to do it again just for racing, I would go truggy, but they are more money initially.
I picked up a set of the Traxxas tubes for my Revo last weekend and they are really nice. They seem pretty beefy, and new rod ends are also included in the box. You will need to install the old hollow balls as they aren't included with the kit. I Haven't had a chance to really run the truck hard since installing them but they are worth the $50.00 just in looks alone Big Grin. I did notice they seem to be a deeper red color than my aluminum pushrods if that makes a difference to anyone. I'll post up another report once I have a chance to run the truck again and see how they hold up to some jumping unless someone beats me to it.
Get the Revo. I did and it is well worth the money. The motor is holding a great tune and reverse works great. I have only broken one turnbuckle on a BIG jump. I love the thing. It is complicated but simple if you can read. If you have the chance... get one.
yea ill just have to save up my money because im only 13 and my dad doesnt like to pay for it at all so yea ill save my money to get the revo.

thanks guys.

traxxas thrasher
Heck I am 18 and had to save my money. I have a job but for some reason after putting some towards school and flling up the gas tank there isn't much left to spread between the GF, RC, and my mountain bikes...
ditch the !@#$% letsgo racin. sorry way off topic!!! so what would you guys think would be better buy a new revo or a used one thats already upgraded?
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
A nice used, upgraded one that has been maintained would be a good choice. Revo2k did it that way, I think.
Try to find a used one that has been kept up.
I almost did but I was partially impatient and partially just wanted a brand new RC...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,304 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,746 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 5,885 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,722 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 6,775 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Quick Revo Diff question stratcat 12 2,886 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Revo? Whitey04 33 5,839 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  vantage one-way axle for 3.3 revo Meatwad 5 2,077 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Last Post: hansarvin
  Revo 3.3 Setup SEEKandDESTROY2 10 2,470 03-16-2007, 07:56 AM