Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revo, a race truggy?
My question is, do many people race the revo. Is it in the truggy cass? Ive seen some on ebay. I was thinking about getting one, that is modded up. Would this run with a losi 8ight truggy or the mugen With the right parts? Please any info.
its a monster truck but when the turnout is low they put them in with truggy's bobbo does good with his with the truggys
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Thanx for the info.
A revo is not on the same level as a truggy. In the same drivers hands you will have slower times driving MT.
As far as a MT class, its hit or miss having enough show up. Last Sunday there was 1 heat with about 7 drivers and I think this is there busy season for indoor racing.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Sometimes there is enough for like one heat. sometimes 10 guys. unless you're bobbo and your revo weighs like 7lbs I wouldnt expect to compete with a truggy. I race MT cause its alot of fun. But i will be getting a Buggy so I have more to do on a race day besides sit there. Lol
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
J-Dub Wrote:Sometimes there is enough for like one heat. sometimes 10 guys. unless you're bobbo and your revo weighs like 7lbs I wouldnt expect to compete with a truggy
+1
... AND bobbos is fast when its not broken! He breaks alot when hes pushing hard enough to be on pace.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
AND....so much depends on what Revo (2.5, 3.3 short chassis, long chassis, etc) and what mods you make to it, and what you hope to accomplish with it. If plain old having fun racing is what you seek, a fairly stock Revo will run, but if you want to win, it will be far from stock when you do.

But same goes for truggy. If you want to be fast, be prepared to spend more than the $500 you will for a Revo.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
snoracer Wrote:. Would this run with a losi 8ight truggy or the mugen With the right parts? Please any info.

I honestly don't think there is any parts you can get for the Revo that is going to make it run with these truggies. MT and Truggy are 2 very different animals.
+1

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
It can be done, but its alot on the driver, and the equipment. I dont think any revo is gonna beat Sonny-Oh though. Lol, like 17 second laps? haha

A revo can be turned into a truggy. All the parts are there to make it happen. And now with swaybars. The revo is just about as close as it will ever be as far as being a truggy. But I believe that if someone did the work..Many here would be shocked at the outcome if the truck did well.

But as others have said. Most of the results will depend on the driver.

Bobbo is a mad man with his Revo. I believe he still uses the 2.5 chassis too. But he has done so many mods to it. I dont think there are many stock parts left on there. And with all the work he has put into it to make the truck lighter. Its not a shocker to me to see him have the breaking issues that he has had in the past with it.

And as far as beating Sonny...He just has bad skills. It isnt all the truck.

Myself...I would love to put time and effort into a truggy revo. But seeing I dont have the time nor the money to do so. I cant Sad
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Drew-
Were not saying you CANT turn a revo into a truggy. I think were all saying its not worth it at this point. There is no longer a place for hybrids. truggies are so well engineered i dont see anything with a transmission holding a candle to the current chassis on the market.
roc is right on .....................
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
+23541...let the dream die Drew...its over you MT racing non driving phuckin hack. Wink

:owned:

My Revo is all about fun.

Its not really near stock, but its never going to be a "truggy"

Beside the Transmission limitations, you're limited on your drive-trains durability on what engines you can put in there. If you go big block its only a matter of time before you annihilate those trans pins everyone talks about...ive done it with a 3.3.

I hate that. heh

chickenfarmer3 Wrote:+23541...let the dream die Drew...its over you MT racing non driving phuckin hack. Wink

chickenfarmer3 Wrote::owned:

Blaaahahahahahhaahhahaha!!!!Smile
That was for you big buddy. LH on sunday? it will be worth it..Wink

Take it easy on the REVO hating. Lol.

Revos Rule!!!!
Smile

If revos rule why don't people race as much? Sad

Hint Hint start coming to the track on sundays...

Hold on guys, its usually the die hard have toos that have truggies. cause they are the ones that can be there every sunday to race. I have a revo and at LH I can run right with my cuz, if im not hanging with him, its visa versa. and he has the losi 8. We both have been doing this just as long as one another. we are pretty much just as good at driving. My revo is not near stock. But i will tell you that it is a stock 3.3 with the stock trans, besides the center diff. and rear brake kit. I just picked up a set of sway bars so now it should be even better. But the thing is, if you buy a revo, your not going to just race. You usually buy it for the reliability factor. The only thing i have ever broke on mine was a stock a-arm. Revos rule!!!
I've bent some stuff. only major breaks are from being hit, some suspension arms, pillow balls getting pulled out sometimes. Not much else though. the 3.3 Rips...Esecially with stock cb/spur and close ratio trans indoor.

I think my Revo will handle pretty close to a truggy. I only got a lap in on the new swaybars last week due to motor trouble. Now i'm taking Bobbo's advice and ditching the fuel suckin big block and going back to the os TZ. It feels alot lighter than my truggy[carbon 3.3 chassis] and takes off quickly with awesome fuel mileage. Now I just have to see about durability as I have raced it on occasions the past 1.5years or so that i've had it without hardly any problems . Now I plan on racing it as hard and as fast as I can on a weekly basis while I save for a truggy motor. O well......Tommorrow i shall see if all goes well dudesssssssssssss...Bring on the truggggggs punks. JK it's late....
Your all sick.... Even a revo wheeled by the most advanced PRO driver would still come up short vs. ANY of todays top trugg picks.

Sorry... Let the dream die fellas.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SLASH Endurance Race Saturday June 20 2009 - St. Charles IL chicagokenji 0 2,421 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Race for Free with Your Truck - Chicago chicagokenji 5 2,934 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,304 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  Dirtdawgs Rc Money Race oct. 19 cheesecake 24 5,727 10-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,621 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,746 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Race Em R/C RaceEmRc 15 4,935 06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RaceEmRc
  Race Em RC Is going to be a GOOOOO!!! RaceEmRc 43 8,672 05-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Last Post: RaceEmRc
  Kick Off Race for MWNX GWPHOENIX 5 2,322 05-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Last Post: mfanke19
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 5,885 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax