Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revo?
I was in the market to purchase a Revo. But I've been told that traxxas is crappas. I'd like to hear from the guys that own them if they break as easy as I hear. It would be used to bash for the most part, but it would probably also see track time. I just want to know if they really are cheap, or if its more so operator error. ex: crashing into curbs, landing bad jumps. Thanks in advance.
from what ive seen they are pretty solid, ive seen alot of guys break at the track but they also hit just about everything out there. If you are gonna be serious about racing then i would say know; but for an in betweener i think its a pretty good choice. I would really consider a truggy like an LSP, thats the easiest way to go in btw racing and bashing
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
great truck. infact i regret getting rid of mine Sad
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
awesome truck. dont break easily.i never broke a part on mine.
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:from what ive seen they are pretty solid, ive seen alot of guys break at the track but they also hit just about everything out there. If you are gonna be serious about racing then i would say know; but for an in betweener i think its a pretty good choice. I would really consider a truggy like an LSP, thats the easiest way to go in btw racing and bashing
Already got a truggy, I want another monster truck again. Had a savage that I should have never sold, but without alot of modifying the savage can't hang with the monster truck class. Thats where the revo idea came in, but in all reality, knowing my past buying habits I'll probably buy both again. And as quick as I get tired of stuff about a month after I buy them they'll be on here for sale. :crazy:
well the AE MGT can pretty much be a competible racer stock I know MAtt gosch ran that two years ago and dominated the MT class, didnt add anything except for the proline shocks really.
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
REVO is the way to go if you want to Race Monster TRucks. I hardly ever break anything on mine, and if it does break its because I whipe out really bad alot. like, cartwheeling it like 6 times in a day bent a proline offset rim and broke a suspension arm. Thats it,
Do it SmileSmile

all i have broke on mine is a crack in the rear arm and the front bulkhead, well not the bulkhead itself the rocker bolt broke off in the bulkhead, but that was only because i had front sway bars, since i took the sway bars off nothing has broke

the only people that hate the revo are savage owners, but the savage and revo arent in the same class of trucks other then they are both MT's, yes the savage can take more of a beating, but the revo can take one too, on the track the revo will walk over the savage.

if you are looking for an all around truck the revo is better suited to bash and take to the track, the savage is in its element bashing not racing

i know where you get a good deal on one SmileSmile
member of the smackahoe tribe Confusedlap:

Violator 9.5 Jammin CRT Kyosho Inferno GT HPI MT
Revos are really solid actually. They can take some abuse.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
The revo is a solid truck. It'll bash and race well. Harder to drive than a buggy or truggy, which makes it a great platform to learn on IMO.
I loved my revo. Tough as nails and pretty fun to race too. Since I am not going to be getting to the track (moving to champaign) I may actually go back to a revo for bashing around the house and occasional racing..... Smaller motor a little easier on fuel too. Haha
I love my Revo and the EZ-start if your just going to bash it makes things so much easier and I've never broken mine, in my opinion it's just as tough as my Savage
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
The base Revo needs help in the following areas:

Radio
Steering
Steering servo
tires
suspension setup (P2 rockers-springs)

But if you get those sorted out, it's a fun, reliable truck.

I find the 2.5 lacking some power, even on 30% fuel, but hey, it's not a buggy.
If you go 3.3, you will have more HP.

I like the ease of use on the EZ Start, even though racers prefer it to be off. It makes starting a cold engine nice and easy. A stater box for the Revo is $$$$.

Truggies are nice, but you are dealing with a more technical truck (3 diffs, dual brakes, etc.) than the Revo.

I've beat up our Revo pretty well and the damage parts were:

Header - bashing (big ramps)
A Arms - racing (got hit from behind, it happens)
Pushrods - racing (went to Titanium rods versus red alum)
Shock shaft - bashing (backflips...who needs them?)

Small items really. I've never considered selling it. Plus, when you run it in the yard, it's quieter than a big block truggy, which makes the neighbors not hate your guts.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Well I took a look at the traxxas website, and I was looking at some of the stuff included with the truck. The ez-start is cute, but a roto or tigger is probably the way I'd go. And what is with the electronic control for the trans?? Reverse would have to go, and I do like the idea of a center diff (optional) but not until I get the wheelies out of my blood. And then you know, the usual that people throw at a revo, wing, tires, body, etc. This truck actually sounds better then originally thought. Thanks again guys for the input.
I miss my revo,would love to get one again. Wing,servo,radio,tires,P2's. Those are basicly upgrades that pretty much 98% of the people that buy a revo get.

Hell, go to tenkorc.com and I bet they will have a package deal. They even allow you to build your own revo by adding what parts you want. You still have to add them later when you get it all.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
tenkorc? :confused: not working.
http://www.teknorc.com/index.php?osCsid=...ed764a5e8c

Go there ^
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Whitey04 Wrote:tenkorc? :confused: not working.
It is teknorc.com..... he had the 'k' and 'n' reversed.
Opps LOL.my bad
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Revo is a great truck, never had much problems other then abuse.
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
It took a good two years for mine to start to have problems. Other then that,it was a front arm(my mistake) and 2 spur gears I believe,but if I remember right,they were made to take the abuse so the bell and tranny would live.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
good website, its like revo central.
Its how they started out I believe.

I never was a fan of their wing though. I did the mugen wing mod.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Take a look at the one i'm sellin in the F.S. thread. Works great and plenty of speed. Rob K.
if you are going to bash a bit and also gpo tot he track you are going to want the center diff, my revo will stull pull a wheelie when it hits second gear and i have center diff and wide ratio tranny gears.

the teckno radio case and wing are a must have, single sterring servo is also a must have and also grind down the bulkhead the slayden way so you get a lot better turning radius.
member of the smackahoe tribe Confusedlap:

Violator 9.5 Jammin CRT Kyosho Inferno GT HPI MT

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,304 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,748 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 5,885 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,727 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 6,777 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Quick Revo Diff question stratcat 12 2,892 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  vantage one-way axle for 3.3 revo Meatwad 5 2,079 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Last Post: hansarvin
  Revo 3.3 Setup SEEKandDESTROY2 10 2,472 03-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3
  Project Darth Revo has begun... Mr. Tune 237 31,445 01-28-2007, 11:05 PM