Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/11 Tinley Park
Cmon you on-road guys, only two more races left! I'm pretty sure Nexus will be there.

I've got high hopes of completing my qualifier and races Smile
I'm really thinking about going. It's the race at the tinley bowl place right?
What's the entrance fee?
Body rules? I have a pro-line nemesis...
What start time and what end time?
Lunch break if it's throughout the day?
I know that I'll have to marshall, so gloves and regular shoes are a must...
Do I need to bring someone to pit for me?

Hmm... I think that's enough questions...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Well I've only been there a couple times but...

Entrace fee $10, $5 to rent a transponder

Practice is at 9 am, racing usually starts around 10:45

I don't know about lunch break...there is 5 min between races

I'd bring gloves to marshall although most guys don't use them.

You don't need to bring anyone, many guys come alone.
Do I need to bring a table to pit on?
Where to mount transponder on my rs4 3? Just a hole in the windshield for it right?
Thanks for putting up with all my questions =)
You need a canopy, table and chairs. You don't have to bring a canopy but Sunday is going to be sunny. Also, if you need electricity you will need to bring your own extension cord.

I'm not sure where the legal place to mount the transponder is, I suppose somewhere so that it won't be damaged by heat.

I have a blue canopy and my wife and kids will be there so we should be easy to spot. I'm assuming nexus is going, if so, he usually pitts next to me.

Foam tires are almost a must at Tinley, they have people there that sell them. I have not personally bought from them. Also, I've heard there are people there that sell parts.
Hm...I don't know if I have a canopy...
Would you happen to know how much $$$ the foams are?
And how long of an extension cord are we talking.... Smile
Anyway, I'm going to be there, I'm 14 and heavy. Here's a pic of my RS4 so you have a clue who I am Rolleyes [Image: caredited.jpg]
Well, you can come sit under my canopy if you like. My table isin't very big but, so far, I haven't really done a ton of work on my cars while out there. I just started them both and made sure the tuning and trim is set.

If money is tight I've got a set of foams that someone gave to me, if they fit your car their your's. First time I went to the track all I had was rubber tires and I slid all over the place.

If you want to buy a new set I believe their very reasonably priced, like $24/set or something like that. Nexus posted the exact price in another thread. I buy my nitro shoes from hong kong at about $7/set.

I really don't know how long the extension cord has to be, this will be my first time bringing one so my kids can play their hand held video games Smile

Here are pics of my cars;

[Image: normal_09-04-05a%20002.jpg]

[Image: normal_IMAG0001.JPG]
Cool. I just have to find a way to get back up to my hobby shop before tommrow because my mom won't drive me 2 times a day....Just got back in from driving and I ended up killing another spur.

Anyways, while I was at my LHS, I picked up 2 pairs of nitro shoes 40 shore tires. $24 bux like you said =)
Oh, and thanks alot for offering me space under your canopy. Would you like me to bring another 4'x4' card table? I think I have one...And then I would just bring a camping chair or folding metal chair....
I don't think there would be room enough for two tables but you could kind of setup next to me and then just sit in the shade and leave your table in the sun. We'll probably be in the same races together unless your a-main ready. I wish they had a c-main cause I'm really not ready for the b-mains there.

Tell your mom to come on out and watch you race Smile

You've done the mid-tank mod to your Savage?
Darn, no c main? That's where I was planning to be....(no, really:bustingup )
My mom doesn't want to stay, she finds this hobby to be -somewhat- boring. I just said "pffff" to that...Yeah, I'm nowhere near a-main....I think. I've never raced with this before, just messed around and beat the pants off my buddies nitro rustler.

And yes, I've done the mid tank mod. I have to update my sig though, because I never got a civic body, I sold my mini-t, and my SH28 has been replaced by a Werks 26.

[Image: 100_0676.jpg]
Kind of old pic, since my SH is still in there. I have also taken off the wing since then because I haven't raced it in a while.

Anyway, do I need to bring a chair?
Eww, I found the table I was going to use, and it had spiders living IN it, I hit it and a bunch scrambled out. :eek: Also, one leg was bent in half. So, I don't have a table. Will you have room on your table for a starter box, car on the starter box, charger, and a few screwdrivers? I will just keep the rest of it either on the ground or in my rubbermaid bin.
why dont you race that savage at a dirt dawg race??? looks like its set up pretty good!

I noticed the twisted Toys sticker on the wing.... what do you have from him ??? and what did you buy to get a sticker??!?! I have 2 of his chassis' and still no stickers!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
lol, 1st, I have no clue where it is....

2nd, I was going to get some of his tvp's, but a relative ordered the wrong ones and I couldn't return them...
But to get his stickers, I just PM'd him on savage-central.com (you're on that site, right?!)
He was making them, and all you had to do is say what color, size and your address.
You'll have to show me how to do the tank mod, I'd like to race my Savage when Leisure opens up. Yeah, you can use my table, basically all I use it for it starting my car anyway, it's small, wait till you see it Smile
Do I need a chair?
I'd bring a chair, my wife is not sure now if she's coming cause she is sick but if she comes I only have 4 chairs. I'll be there about 8:30, I plan to leave my house at 8:00.
Ok, I'll be there around 9, I'll bring a chair just incase then too. Hope she feels better, my sister is sick too, that's probably why my mom doesn't want to stick around. I have some close up pics on my phone of the mid tank mod, I'll show you tommrow. There's vending machines inside, right?
I don't know that there is anything there besides an open parking lot. Within a mile there is a big mall. As far as I know the bowling alley is closed.
Like, closed closed, or just closed on sundays or something?

I think I'll just pack some snacks in case.
I've never tried to go into it so I'm assuming it's closed. You'll be so busy that food and drink won't even be on your mind Big Grin
The Dirt dawg races are in elburn... Ya know out by St. Charles and batavia. Where are u ?

As for the twisted stickers, ive asked before but i think he forgot. LOL!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Rocco, I'm in Joliet/Plainfield area.

http://www.tinleyparkbowl.com/index.htm

Seems like they're open, and they serve breakfast!!!-so excited for tommrow-
*shrugs* maybe they are, I can't ever remember seeing anyong going into the bowling alley during a race.
lol, I get hungry. Since they're open, I'll get some snacks from them instead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Racing and Bashing every Sunday in Bedford Park gmkiller 6 3,230 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  Traxxas Mini Revo and Slash in stock at Hobbytown Orland Park HTUSAOPIL 0 1,700 06-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Last Post: HTUSAOPIL
  Villa Park Revoguy22 3 1,464 04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Whitey04
  Drag Racing in Tinley (May 20th) Brian_BigSquidRC 14 3,274 05-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Brian_BigSquidRC
  Intense Raceway Park now open for offroad... Nexus 22 4,748 05-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  9/25 Tinley's Final Race RCDad 64 9,813 09-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  8/28 Tinley Park RCDad 42 6,377 08-30-2005, 07:25 PM
  Tinley Park - August 8th RCDad 39 5,294 08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
  Outdoor Skate Park Obsessive R/C 0 1,552 05-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C
  Tinley Park RCDad 12 2,869 02-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Tex