Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intense Raceway Park now open for offroad...
Intense...IRP...is now open for offroad every Saturday.

http://intenseracewaypark.com

Nitro, electric, buggy, truggy, monster trucks...whatever! Smile

pics of track
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hartmanbli...e2&.src=ph
Anthony_ISLA
Not sure if it's a misprint on your part Nexus or the website. But the web page says, Sunday off-road.

Thanks for the 411
???

Im looking at their schedule and it says off road on Saturdays in May and on road on the asphalt on Sundays

http://intenseracewaypark.com/schedule.asp
http://intenseracewaypark.com/directions.asp
looks fast... Not much air but fast.... id like to try it
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Dont take this the wrong way, but the track layout doesnt look like to much fun....
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
I dont think it looks fun either............but thats me
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Yeah no gaps to make it just seems like wooden ramps.Rolleyes
Just curious, how much area does the offroad track cover? 1/4 acre, 1/2 acre...
I'm not sure of the exact dimensions...

But the track is fun. There were Mod electrics, MT's, Truggies, ect out there on Saturday. It may not be the most technical track but it's still a blast to run on. It's not a high traction "slick tire" type track. It's dirt and you need to run tires with some type of pin/studs on them. From early pics I didn't think the layout was much fun either...until I ran it. It definitely is fun and something different. The loose dirt makes for some fun racing and kicking up dirt roosters when you gas it.

If anyone is interested in going and doesn't know how to get there I can meet people at the Devry/Lane Tech parking lot next Saturday and you can follow me. It's a 1 hour drive.

Here's the full layout:
[Image: tracklayout_5.6.06.jpg]

My FT T4
[Image: irp_offroad_5.6.06_010.jpg]
Anthony_ISLA
nice track but def built by a on roader...... wow 3-4 drop offs and some speed bumps. why cant some one around here build a track that flows? either its a flat track with speed bumps for jumps, or an obstacle course with a bunch of hazzards.
nice track but def built by a on roader...... wow 3-4 drop offs and some speed bumps. why cant some one around here build a track that flows? either its a flat track with speed bumps for jumps, or an obstacle course with a bunch of hazzards.
Looks like a relativly fast track made for 1/10 stadium trucks... not much air to be found.
Yeah, it is missing some up and downs. It needs like a big pit jump and a few hills, banked corners, landing ramps and better traction.
I don't think you should make a final judgement on the place yet. They rushed to get it open for May 6th, and a lot of what was built is temporary is how I heard it. From what I heard they had about twenty different people really pushing to get something up and running for the 6th, and so they made it happen.

Being that you say it looks easy you should go to race and beat the pants off of all the other racers. Big Grin

If a track is "easy", it's easy for all those racing, and inevitably the day of racing , and whether you win or not comes down to the skills of those racing, not the track.

There is something to be said for having a different venue than a finely groomed blue grooved hard packed clay venue.
I think the owners should be applauded fort making an effort to provide adirt track for their loyal customers. It looks like a nice job. Bravo IRP for making the track upgrades.
Upgrades???
It doesnt look any different from the last and only time that I ran at (what used to be) AJ's ......except for smaller jumps then before! Rolleyes
Kyosho ST-R
O.S. EB Mod V-spec
O.S. T-2050 pipe
Airtronics 94359z servos

Kyosho SP2
O.S. V-spec
Mugen MSR-1005 pipe
Futaba 9350 & 9451 servos

Kyosho Inferno GT
SH .28
The last photos I saw it was overgrown with weeds....
from the WayBack Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/2003060414132..._track.htm
I agree with Kenji...

There are already so many track closing or already closed and people always want more.

The layout does have some banking you just can't tell by the pics. I've raced Leisure, Trackside and other places and will still say that IRP was a blast. Shane told me he got calls constantly to open the outdoor tracks sooner since it was warm so he did so. Yes it isn't the most techical of offroad tracks but hey....atleast you won't be breaking your offroad vehicles as much. That is a definite plus.

I already know more guys are confirmed for going this coming Saturday.

I live in Chicago and if people want to follow me to the track I'll gladly meet up with you guys in the morning. Smile
Anthony_ISLA
If I get my engine bearings in from tower this week and my Novarossi runs ok. I'll be out there Friday for practice with the XXX-nt. The track maybe bland but it is a place to race and shane is the greatest guy to deal with. What are you 2.2 guys running for tires?
Well, It's nice to see that another track option is available.

However, some serious work needs to be done to make it capable of drawing the core crowd of racers willing to travel long distances to race. If not, they will most likely draw the same small crowd that couldn't support the track the first time.

Competition has hit the outdoor RC tracks this summer. This is forcing all to raise the quality of their facilities to meet the desires of the racers if they want to stay in business.
The track will draw the level of racers that it suits. Perhaps guys who are tired of being speared by PRO level buggies and truggies will step aside from other tracks and compete at a more Sportsman's level layout like IRP? The top racers won't be there, so there won't be complaints about "the bashers being in the way of the racers".... I'll prolly hit it at least once to see how it drives. It's equidistant to it and LHR from my home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looks like Busse Woods is open again. Thirdgen89GTA 1 13,851 01-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Last Post: magan
  Racing and Bashing every Sunday in Bedford Park gmkiller 6 3,218 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  Traxxas Mini Revo and Slash in stock at Hobbytown Orland Park HTUSAOPIL 0 1,699 06-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Last Post: HTUSAOPIL
  mud racing... open discussion on rules etc Jetboat 23 11,815 10-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Mnster
  Villa Park Revoguy22 3 1,462 04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Whitey04
  Anyone in the NW Suburbs want to to go LH for open practice on sunday? Thirdgen89GTA 14 3,191 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  9/11 Tinley Park RCDad 72 9,451 09-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  8/28 Tinley Park RCDad 42 6,364 08-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Tinley Park - August 8th RCDad 39 5,276 08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Outdoor Skate Park Obsessive R/C 0 1,551 05-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C