Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The revo's gas tank o-ring is the worst!!
I blown through 2 in just 1 3/4 gallons of gas! The first time around, I couln't find the rebuild kit, so I bought the whole tank just for the stupid o-ring! This time around, I the LHS is STILL out of stock! Sad

Screw that, I'm not buying another tank just for a o-ring! Did some research over on the traxxas forums and ordered some o-rings that will hopefully last much longer than the stock crappy one. Kinda sucks that I had to buy 50, but well worth it if they work. I could always sell the rest off to recoop some of the initial cost.

Anyone else blow out the retarded gas tank o-ring on their revo? Would you be interested in buying a few of these upgraded ones if they end up working good for me?

Thanks for reading my rant Smile
Been lucky over here. roughly 8 gallons and replaced 3 tanks total.
ya same here, besides im putting the mbx5 tank on my truck this week
Hold on Mich! I've got a CNC'd kit coming out to solve all those problems. It's a CF mount w/175ml Trinity Spyder tank and 2450mah Li-Po pack. These are pics of the prototype.
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=9lfofq
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=9lfono

I ran 2 hours of practice, 2-7min. quals, 1 hour of tuning/bashing, and a 15 min A-main without charging a battery!!!! You want this set up. It's one less thing to worry about. I left my charger at home!
Them Trinity tanks are going to be against the rules for the 06 pro-series. I wouldnt get use to running 175cc tanks if you plan on running next year.
Thats what I heard.......
naw i dont want that tank. To me its big and ugly. And im getting a 2400mah pack from team helotes so i should be able to race all weekend at the pro series without recharging so i should be good there also. Thanks for the pics tho and nice clean work you did there.
My savage tank O ring has been fine for over a year Big Grin
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I guess I'd better take a close look at mine. Maybe it's bad. I don't see leaking fuel? Tune, was yours leaking fuel or just running bad because of leaking?
It would leak when the truck was upside down. Performance will suffer first before you notice the leaking. Air leaks will make your motor run VERY hot.

On a side note, I never blew out a gas tank o-ring on the savage. Not once in over 8 gallons.
Now I better look....it has been running hotter than normal.
I strongly doubt they'll make the Trinity tanks illegal. As to being "ugly", well, I think it's beautiful. But I don't get to see it as often as guys with stock tanks see theirs cuz I'm out on the track still racing! LOL!!! Actually, the Revo O-Ring problem is what pushed me to the Trinity tank.

For those interested, I'll have the CNC'd CF battery tray/tank mounts available in about 2 weeks.

This is the battery I'm running: http://www.onlybatteries.com/showitem.as...D=13229.78

I ran it for over 4 hours total on Sun. without charging and it still has more juice! Amazing!!!
I'm all for the banning on them in the pro-series !!!!!!! Theres no way you should be able to run a 175cc tank while everyone else is running 125cc tanks. There should be a set standard and thats that. My .02 cents.
the only way they allow bigger tanks about 125cc is if they make manditory pits every 5 minutes or so. Its either gonna be small tanks or bigger tanks with manditory pits so take your pic. Id rather had the smaller tanks rule so you can pit when you need to not when they say you should. If they do make the manditory pit a rule next year your still gonna have to pit as often as if you were running a smaller tank. Carlton was even saying you MUST add fuel to the tank before you can leave if they make it a rule. Just a FYI for ya.
Speak the word Michski !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen...
bless you my child Big Grin
Well, if those are the rules then what are the Trinity Spyder guys gonna do? Put in a smaller tank? I don't think so.

I'll take big tanks with mandatory pits if I have to because I'd rather run a tank with an O-Ring that doesn't leak and/or causes the mixture to lean as the fuel level gets low. Also, the bigger tank helps maintain weight balance.

Also, we don't race in the Pro-Series races very often. Hell, the local/club tracks can't even divide the truggies from the MT's. Have you ever seen them enforce that rule? The most obvious one! I'll stick with my big tank.
I dont think anyone with any racing skills would even show up to a big race like that with a Trinity Spider. lol
Well, maybe so. But regardless, the rules need to allow a Trinity Spyder guy to race regardless of whether or not he stands a chance of winning. But there are other stock trucks with big tanks. The VERY competitive Tamiya TNX has a 150ml tank and an OS .18 motor.

Several of the best racers in the US are running the Trinity Spyder tank at the US Monster Truck Nationals in Dallas with me on Sept. 24/25. Let's face it, the rules will change to accomodate what the racers are doing. If you want to compete get the bigger tank IMO.
Well guess we'll just have to see what happens.
True
mugen tank all the way, Easy to fill, no leaks, and still stock size. Plus it will be acceptable next year for the rules and the spyder tank wont be. Im pretty sure carlton is leading to the smaller tanks because there even gonna limit fuel line length.
I heard 150cc's will be the maxx capacity allowed in the pro series. I'm thinking about the Violator 145cc tank for the revo....I'll have to fabricate stuff to make it fit but that shouldn't be a problem Smile

if the tnx tank is 150cc, I might check that one out and see if I can fit it to the revo chassis.

Otherwise I'll just go with the mugen tank or sum sum.... The revo tank o-rings SUCK. I blew two out in under a gallon
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I'll ask Carlton myself when I see him at the race in Dallas. Got my tix! Only $161 round trip on ATA!!!

Also, my buddy is selling his on-line store and is dumping his entire inventory at cost +%10!! Get your Revo parts lists in to me fast!!
I just saw the "race legal" fix for over-capacity tanks. Racers just drop a capped length of fuel line into the tank, and it takes up room for fuel. It fuel tank capacity they measured, not tank "size".
I still say this is all a mute point. If someone wants to run a Trinity Spyder in the "Production Monster Truck" class they can. This alone simply negates all arguments about tank size for this class. Period.

And once again, I state the obvious, most of us race all winter at LH where they don't even seperate the truggies, and their incredibly unfair advantage, from the real MT's. What make's anyone think this is going to change? I'll most likely just get a truggy this winter and quit trying to fight the good fight.

Again I offer my new CNC'd Trinity Spyder tank mount to those interested...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,315 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,773 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 5,914 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,840 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 6,839 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Quick Revo Diff question stratcat 12 2,911 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Revo? Whitey04 33 5,897 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  vantage one-way axle for 3.3 revo Meatwad 5 2,091 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Last Post: hansarvin
  Imex rc tires-Blew after less then 1 full tank! t to the maxx2 11 2,846 04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Revo 3.3 Setup SEEKandDESTROY2 10 2,483 03-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3