Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which tires for Truggy outdoor?
What are good ones? The ones i have are pretty worn out and are coming unglued because of the indoor track. I heard crimes and bowties are good. But does anyone have a link to the right ones since i know theres wide and skinny ones orsometihng like that. Thanks.
those are both good just make sure they're MTR's and you get molded foams
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
Drew (casketman) ran grp's and got first in int. arena the other week at rcps at lhr...

Get bowtie MTR....

I wanna say Cory C runs Panther Gators....Sonny O too maybe...
what is the difference between mtr's and plain mt's? i see those all the time and i never know the difference. Well i guess its between those so what is better? which will last the longest? and what are some good rims?
doh I forgot about GRPs that's all I run in buggy and most guys run on truggy. And I love Gators myself I ran some on my Savage and it would wheelie in wet grass with a Mach .26 and they're were worn down to about 25% too they're great on wet dirt and dry
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
theres like 10 different kinds of bowties. Can someone please get me a link for the bow-ties that are good and the crimes that are good?
nevermind i found em on bmain. I just need a link to some rims. anyone know any good brands?
The MTR's have a lower sidewall. The tread is more rounded. The MT is more flat. I believe the MT has more tread hitting the ground then the MTR,but for hitting the corners. The MTR is said to have a hand up.

I ran Crime fighter MT's for the main this past weekend in edwardsville and I loved them. The MTR's before that in the 3rd round didnt feel so hot.

I ran the GRP Cubics all day sat. for the midwest race. Come sunday in the main,the track grooved up and I felt like I was on ice with them when in the groove.

But also,if you see gators doing well,its a safe bet crimes might too. Gators have to tire compounds while the crimes and ties only have one if I remember right for truggy.

Get yourself a set of ties and crimes atleast. MT or MTR,up to you. Myself,I plan to get a set of bow tie MT's. Or GRP Grips
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
get a set of holeshots too they are good if it grooves
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
i think im going with the crimes mtr but what rims do you recommend?
proline dish
link to those? i also want zero offset.
Pro-Line 1/8 Velocity 17mm Truck Wheel White
Thanks ponch, I think im gonna go with those and crimes. So crimes should be fine for the track?
Whatever you want dude...lol
didnt you get bowtie mtr's with kit?

also, the HPI wheels are cheaper than the PL's, I hear they are plenty strong as well
ya proline rims are a rip off

^but dont tell anyone i said that Wink lol

pwnzor Wrote:didnt you get bowtie mtr's with kit?

also, the HPI wheels are cheaper than the PL's, I hear they are plenty strong as well

ya i did but i had to run them for indoor which kind of wore them a lot and my glueing sucks and they coming apart in a few places.
how did u possibly wear out bowties on indoor lol

i dont know, there rounded off alot and the outside edges are worn down, and like i said, i suck at glueing, and i thought these were gonna just be break in tires anyways so i didint take any time to glue em.
The rims you guys said are good, the hpi ones, say this:

These are white standard offset (0mm offset) monster truck rims from HPI Racing that are the same dimensions as regular T-Maxx rims, but use the standard 1/8th scale buggy 17mm hubs. These wheels are standard wheels for the HPI Hellfire trucks, and the HPI Savage X trucks. These will work with standard MAXX sized tires such as the Pro-Line MAXX Bow Tie, Pro-Line Crime Fighter MT and Panther Boa.

These are also the same offset as the Kyosho rims that fit the Inferno ST-R trucks, or the Thunder Tiger ST-1 truck when using the stock spoked rims.

They say they fit bow ties mt. They will fit mtr right?
Yes.
ok thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Onroad outdoor team nitro rc azeroth 0 3,342 06-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Last Post: azeroth
  Proline tires MOAB and MASHER 2000 M3 on which wheels fit ? Antreas 0 2,746 11-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  Outdoor Nitro Offroad this sun. @ L.H. Rob Kass 0 1,627 09-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  Strictly Raceway 2008 Outdoor Racing chicagokenji 13 4,520 08-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,621 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Asphault/Sealcoat Tires BJoe 7 2,656 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,730 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,489 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
  $300 rtr truggy for the beginners. DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 2,121 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Possible AE truggy? Evil3 94 11,037 08-14-2007, 11:31 PM