Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strictly Raceway 2008 Outdoor Racing
Strictly's electric asphalt racing progam is underway for 2008.

Something new for this year is we now have a 6 foot tall by 18 feet long drivers stand.

Racing is every Sunday rain or shine. Practice begins about 10:30am with racing starting at 1pm. 3 qualifiers and one main race. Adults are $15.00 and kids are 10 dollars. You can race as many classes as you like for that same fee. We race using Alycat and I-LapRC. House transponders are available at no charge.

For rain days we head to 55th. and State and race indoors at Underground RC Raceway.

We supply AC power. Bring your own extension cord, table and chair.

Strictly RC Forum - Index

Strictly RC Raceway
7719 W. Lawrence Ave.
Norridge IL

Feel free to email me with any questions:

chicagokenji
@
gmail.com
I know I said "rain or shine", but Mother's Day is another matter.

We will not be racing this coming Sunday, Mother's Day.
Had to ask--Chicagokenji--is it only electric. Yes, I know electric is your passion, but Nitro smell and sound is mine.
Do run any Nitro classes at all?
Would like to come out and see the track anyways.
Have a 1/16 Nitro Mini Inferno Buggy that would fit on any small parking lot track. As you've seen in the past, my Nitro 1/5 Scale Bike has a tuff time of it. Fun no less, but I look like a rolling blockade to others.
Waiting for your input.
"The Nitro Bike Guy" (Jerry)
TT Ducati 999R Nitro MotorcycleSmile
Kyosho Inferno GT "Ferrari"Big Grin
1/16 Kyosho Inferno 09 (half eight):eek:
1/10 Associated SCT (short course truck)Big Grin
2002 Corvette Convertible (silver of course)Rolleyes
CK,

Electric only?!?!Wink

Do people race "pan" cars anymore, like the Trinity Evolution, or is it just 4WD?
GeraldRisch Wrote:Had to ask--Chicagokenji--is it only electric. Yes, I know electric is your passion, but Nitro smell and sound is mine.
)

Hey Jerry, I sent you an email on May 22. Check your spam folder.

If it's lost feel free to call me:

BobWoodhouse Wrote:CK,

Electric only?!?!Wink

Do people race "pan" cars anymore, like the Trinity Evolution, or is it just 4WD?

Bob, yes it's electric only. We are getting about 25-30 people showing up every Sunday with more people expected to join us as we go along this Summer.

Currently most everyone is running 4WD sedans in these classes:

Rookie
Vintage Trans Am
Open Modified 1/10th scale
GT3

You should come out and see us. Let me know ahead of time and you can try out my TA car.

The track is 2 minutes from the Cumberland exit off of I-90, just East of O'Hare. It would take you about 35-40 minutes from Marengo on a Sunday AM.

Our forum can be found here:

Strictly RC Forum - Index
CK,

Let me check the family schedule. So what kind of platform are popular -- I know of the xxx-S, but I don't know the other brands. What makes it a "trans-am", just a body shell? Do you have a TA that is rookie-proof?

How long do tires last? How many different types of tires do you need to be prepared for different conditions? Basically, ongoing cost question -- how many tires do you need on hand, how long will they last and how much would they cost?

Best,
Bob
Bob, just come and race. I'll have an extra car for you if I know you will be there. I can answer all your questions then. You'll do just fine with my TA car. I've designed the track barrier system so that we have very minimal, if any at all, breakage happening in the TA class. Pit with me.

On Sundays, the track is ready at 10:30am, racing at 1pm.

Here's the TA association website:

http://www.usvintagetransam.com
Quote:Bob, just come and race. I'll have an extra car for you if I know you will be there. I can answer all your questions then. You'll do just fine with my TA car. I've designed the track barrier system so that we have very minimal, if any at all, breakage happening in the TA class. Pit with me.

On Sundays, the track is ready at 10:30am, racing at 1pm.

Here's the TA association website:

U.S. Vintage Trans Am R/C Racing Series

OK. I got the kid to agree to it. I am hoping the weather is good for outdoors. I probably would be better off if I let the kid drive so that he feels he was involved, but I don't know if he can keep up with your rookies.

I looked at the iLap system. Man, those things are cheap compared to AMB. I would have no problem picking up a set of those things. Let me check out your system when I am there
Sounds good Bob. See you then. Call my cell if need be:

Here's the forum where all our regular's hang out. Feel free to sign up:

http://www.strictlyrc.net/forum
Very neat websites. Would be tempting to pick up an inexpensive xxx-S if I want to keep my xxx-4. You know, if you put some dirt tires on, I could smooth out my dirt track..
We (son and I) just got back from Strictly RC. I should have remembered to bring my hat. Thanks to Kenji for loaning us 2 cars for the day. It was neat that the creator of the iLap system was there -- very nice system. All the other folks were quite friendly, as well. Also nice was that there was a broad enough range of skill levels for both of us the fit in. I was surprised how easy it was to get to the track all the way from my house -- very easy just off Hwy-90 and Cumberland. The driver's stand(s) were/was inspirational as well, and I may copy themfor my own track later. The TransAm class was quite fun racing. I regret I forgot to stop in the hobby store at the end.
Some photos from last week's racing in the parking lot:

july_6th_2008
we're racing nitro now on Sundays.

Last week we had 30+ racers out to race.

If you've never raced but only bashed, our rookie races last week had 10 total racers. Almost all of them new to running on a track. It's a perfect opportunity for anyone who'd like to give it a try at a no pressure, low key, just plain fun race track. Rookies race for 10 bucks. 3 qualifiers and one main race.

Track ready about 10:30am racing begins about 1pm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Onroad outdoor team nitro rc azeroth 0 3,342 06-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Last Post: azeroth
  Large Scale RC's Power Jam Large Scale Racing June 14-17th 2012 Monon, Indiana LOST IN MN 2 5,466 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: LOST IN MN
  Winfield, Il - Rc Racing MD6 125 48,625 05-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: MD6
  Strictly R/C Raceway A.Werstein 0 3,692 05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Last Post: A.Werstein
  Raceworld Raceway firesprink281 5 4,541 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Rc Monster truck racing April 2nd Jetboat 4 4,641 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Carpet Oval racing Chicago area? Tmangold 1 3,537 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  PowerJam 1/5 Scale Racing Event - Monon Indiana - Are you registered yet ?? looker2756 1 4,526 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: looker2756
  Practice your R/C Racing ATA_Thrash 29 15,941 02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r
  Dirt Oval Racing in Joliet! chicagokenji 25 12,285 09-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing