ChitownRC
Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Which tires for Truggy outdoor? (/thread-7555.html)

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - motoxer4life - 08-05-2007

What are good ones? The ones i have are pretty worn out and are coming unglued because of the indoor track. I heard crimes and bowties are good. But does anyone have a link to the right ones since i know theres wide and skinny ones orsometihng like that. Thanks.

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - hansarvin - 08-05-2007

those are both good just make sure they're MTR's and you get molded foams

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Ponch - 08-05-2007

Drew (casketman) ran grp's and got first in int. arena the other week at rcps at lhr...

Get bowtie MTR....

I wanna say Cory C runs Panther Gators....Sonny O too maybe...

what is the difference between mtr's and plain mt's? i see those all the time and i never know the difference. Well i guess its between those so what is better? which will last the longest? and what are some good rims?

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - hansarvin - 08-05-2007

doh I forgot about GRPs that's all I run in buggy and most guys run on truggy. And I love Gators myself I ran some on my Savage and it would wheelie in wet grass with a Mach .26 and they're were worn down to about 25% too they're great on wet dirt and dry

theres like 10 different kinds of bowties. Can someone please get me a link for the bow-ties that are good and the crimes that are good?

nevermind i found em on bmain. I just need a link to some rims. anyone know any good brands?

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Casketman - 08-05-2007

The MTR's have a lower sidewall. The tread is more rounded. The MT is more flat. I believe the MT has more tread hitting the ground then the MTR,but for hitting the corners. The MTR is said to have a hand up.

I ran Crime fighter MT's for the main this past weekend in edwardsville and I loved them. The MTR's before that in the 3rd round didnt feel so hot.

I ran the GRP Cubics all day sat. for the midwest race. Come sunday in the main,the track grooved up and I felt like I was on ice with them when in the groove.

But also,if you see gators doing well,its a safe bet crimes might too. Gators have to tire compounds while the crimes and ties only have one if I remember right for truggy.

Get yourself a set of ties and crimes atleast. MT or MTR,up to you. Myself,I plan to get a set of bow tie MT's. Or GRP Grips

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 08-05-2007

get a set of holeshots too they are good if it grooves

i think im going with the crimes mtr but what rims do you recommend?

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Racin' Ranger1 - 08-05-2007

proline dish

link to those? i also want zero offset.

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Ponch - 08-05-2007

Pro-Line 1/8 Velocity 17mm Truck Wheel White

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - motoxer4life - 08-06-2007

Thanks ponch, I think im gonna go with those and crimes. So crimes should be fine for the track?

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Ponch - 08-06-2007

Whatever you want dude...lol

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - pwnzor - 08-06-2007

didnt you get bowtie mtr's with kit?

also, the HPI wheels are cheaper than the PL's, I hear they are plenty strong as well

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 08-06-2007

ya proline rims are a rip off

^but dont tell anyone i said that Wink lol

pwnzor Wrote:didnt you get bowtie mtr's with kit?

also, the HPI wheels are cheaper than the PL's, I hear they are plenty strong as well

ya i did but i had to run them for indoor which kind of wore them a lot and my glueing sucks and they coming apart in a few places.

how did u possibly wear out bowties on indoor lol

i dont know, there rounded off alot and the outside edges are worn down, and like i said, i suck at glueing, and i thought these were gonna just be break in tires anyways so i didint take any time to glue em.

The rims you guys said are good, the hpi ones, say this:

These are white standard offset (0mm offset) monster truck rims from HPI Racing that are the same dimensions as regular T-Maxx rims, but use the standard 1/8th scale buggy 17mm hubs. These wheels are standard wheels for the HPI Hellfire trucks, and the HPI Savage X trucks. These will work with standard MAXX sized tires such as the Pro-Line MAXX Bow Tie, Pro-Line Crime Fighter MT and Panther Boa.

These are also the same offset as the Kyosho rims that fit the Inferno ST-R trucks, or the Thunder Tiger ST-1 truck when using the stock spoked rims.

They say they fit bow ties mt. They will fit mtr right?

Which tires for Truggy outdoor? - Ponch - 08-06-2007

Yes.

ok thanks.