Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro On-Road Custom GTO
Hi!

Since one of your members here has an aversion to micros, i thought I'd take an opportunity to show you what can be learned and done with/from 1/28th scale cars like xmods and mini-z's. I just hope that the other members here are not like MotoXerforlife and are too immature to see the value of having micro scales.

The photos below show a custom build I made around a baseline of xmod driveline and parts. I manufactured a custom chassis from some CF sheet, used hobby grade electronics(Mamba 6800, Spectrum, Hitec micro servo and e-flite li-po). This one off project was designed around a 1/24th scale model body of the Rhys Millen Drift GTO...all done with the creativity and skill of learning from micro scale modding.

Thanks for looking.

[Image: mambagoat2003.jpg]
[Image: mambagoat2002.jpg]
[Image: mambagoat2001.jpg]
[Image: mambagoat2005.jpg]

Xmods are gay thoguh...right MotoXer?Big Grin
I am the Stig.
That's pretty cool, but you are just trying to start fights with that last comment. No one wants that here.
that thing probly only goes like 20
inferno st Wrote:that thing probly only goes like 20

Even if it only goes 20, that is FAST for such a small scale RC. But with a Mamba 6800, I am sure it goes more than 20 MPH. A Mamba 6800 pushes a RC18 to 40+, and that weighs almost double a regular X-mod, and I am sure with the Carbon fiber chassis, and lack of all the useless plastic, this one weighs even less.

Cowboy, nice work on the car. It's cool that you want to show your work here, but please refrain from comments that are sure to start more arguments...

CowboySiR Wrote:Since one of your members here has an aversion to micros, i thought I'd take an opportunity to show you what can be learned and done with/from 1/28th scale cars like xmods and mini-z's. I just hope that the other members here are not like MotoXerforlife and are too immature to see the value of having micro scales.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
nice ride!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
pretty cool dude
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Cool custom work, but don't try to purposly start fights with other members. It won't go over well, and you don't want to sink to that level as a new member on any forum.
CowboySiR,
Welcome! Thanks for sharing and that is the coolest Xmod I have ever seen. Great engineering!
I have a first gen Supra and I think its a lot of fun. Chase the boys around the basement giggling fun. Only a couple radio shack mods like steering and springs.
Show some more of your stuff. Any vids?
You're never to old to be immature
Xmods was what brought me back into RC after years away. The entry level pricetag for a true proportional steering/throttle car was great. If I only had know how much it was gonna cost me 2 years later though......I would have run away!

We now have 2 xmods: Gen 1 Supra and newer Infinit G35. Great to run in the living room on a night when it's -3 outside. Which is more common in CA than Chitown!

Welcome to the forums Cowboy.

Let's see more! VIDS PLEASE!!!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
ok, ok cowboy thats a cool xmod... yep, i said it. but im talkin about little stock 5-7 mph ones are not cool. But u like wut u like and i would rather be driving a big car or buggy on a track w/ jumps and stuff but thats just my opinion.
cant we all just get along???? lol

motoxer4life Wrote:ok, ok cowboy thats a cool xmod... yep, i said it. but im talkin about little stock 5-7 mph ones are not cool. But u like wut u like and i would rather be driving a big car or buggy on a track w/ jumps and stuff but thats just my opinion.

Not everyone can afford those though. The Xmods are not a bad option for kids or as an indoor toy.
ya. hey y dont u make the motor plugs deans? dont they let more current through?
and lol i am trying to be nice by saying everyones got their own opinion on things.
Brushless systems use special bullet connectors, and there are three wires, so Dean's would be kinda clunky.
oooo... didint no that. Thats prolly y i drive nitro cars!
It appears he has a Dean's on the battery leads.

I drive nitro and electric.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Nice work Cowboy. Welcome to the boards
That's cool!
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Thanks for all the comments and kind words guys...

I feel I've made my point now...to see that MotoXer realizes that 'each to his own" doesn't mean you have to knock others type of RC was my intention all along. Nuff Said, so to speak.Big Grin

I'll be sure to show you guys some other custom creations I have...My Mini-T that can do 10 foot backflips off a 12 foot concrete quarter pipe(that's 25+feet in the air) is my favorite evolution of a Micro Scale.

see you soon.Big Grin
I am the Stig.
post it again motoXer4life, I dare you
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex Wrote:post it again motoXer4life, I dare you

:eek:
LMAO wow

Dang!Confusedmash:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Sweet looking ride,
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,979 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Micro Rc racing chassis...MR-CG. CowboySiR 4 4,731 11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Last Post: CowboySiR
  On road suggestions willitbme15 11 3,770 08-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Last Post: willitbme15
  Trans-Am On Road Racing chicagokenji 3 5,563 03-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  1/5 scale Off-Road looker2756 44 8,631 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  On Road Electric - Raise Your Hand Please chicagokenji 31 6,265 10-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Last Post: champion jeep
  1/4 scale on-road looker2756 25 5,155 07-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  Best Motor, ESC, servo for on-road? mikeh 6 2,030 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  On Road Finished! slim 96 11,816 06-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  On Road Tires Revoguy22 15 3,095 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Ponch