Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/5 scale Off-Road
Here are some shots from our invite for track testing on Nov 3rd. This spring we will be racing with AMB timing. It went well, other that it was to dry & dusty. We will have all of that taken care of prior to racing in the spring. The HPI 5b class will have the most vehicles. We'll work out all of the issues when we see how many will be racing & what they are driving. The 4 wheel drive class will have at least 2 vehicle options, The MCD line & the new Smartech Titans. We'll have them in stock here very soon.

[Image: 33.jpg]

[Image: 19-1.jpg]

[Image: 16.jpg]

[Image: 25.jpg]

[Image: 26.jpg]

[Image: 28.jpg]

[Image: 31-1.jpg]

[Image: 37.jpg]

[Image: 53.jpg]

[Image: 55.jpg]

Youtube links to video.

[Image: watch?v=NaaNglLKyHk]

[Image: watch?v=eyjc-8rOrGA]

[Image: 5.jpg]
For all your Large Scale R/C needs
MCD / FG / HPI
wheres the jumps! looks like it was a fun time Smile
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Alot of drifting action... pretty sweet. How many garbage cans can those things jump?
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
1/5 scale is not about jumps. There are 2 options to get air on the track & thats fine. 1/8 scale buggys crash from big jumps & drive away, But at 30+ pounds, Bad landings can cost you with these ! We're more about speed & control in racing. They get about 3 feet of air & still land well, sometimes, but without major damage. They could jump more, but we don't allow marshals on the track when racing like smaller scale, so keeping them on their wheels is important. We're not into getting anyone hurt, getting hit by a 30+ pound car at 50+ miles an hour could kill you. You'll have to come check it out in the spring !!
MCD / FG / HPI
man no jumping bummer i dont think i could get into that lol

I think it would actually be a TON of fun. Very even cars and almost entirely driver skill. Its too bad its so damn far from Champaign. I do agree that no marshals is a good idea with those things.....
dan u know how hard it is to jump? lol cmon

Haha. I can see how these would be harder to jump. The RPM's don't jump nearly as fast and you don't get that pop off of the lip the same as a nitro... But it would be awesome. Haha
i still say those are way easier to drive, especially in the dirt; the power to weight ratio is much more forgiving

Well you can see by the pictures, there is some jumping ... We were at Leisure Hours one night for a practice. We had a ton of fun, but these big dudes are not made for that kind of track. I'm sure you could set a track up to be similar with lots of jumps, but with no marshals, it would be difficult to stop the race every time to flip someone back over. It actually makes for some very good competition / racing the way our track is layed out. We need to get Czech down here to give one a drive. The torque of the engines makes it very interesting to drive. They drive very similar to 1:1 cars & are a quite a hand full to drive. Considering ....
MCD / FG / HPI
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:i still say those are way easier to drive, especially in the dirt; the power to weight ratio is much more forgiving
You need to come drive one & see for yourself. This is not the case, especially in the 2wd 5b's.
MCD / FG / HPI
ive driven a few onroad ones but thats about it, I'd like to try it but, I would be surprised if it was harder than driving an 1/8th scale or a gas truck for that matter

Come on down & give it a try. It's very similar to a 2WD gas truck. I've had a couple Losi XXXNT trucks & it's very close, other than the weight aspect of it. The 1/8 scale Buggies & truggies I've had drive better, but I've never been to a track & tried to time jumps lap after lap. I was at Hardestys last race & seen how difficult that looked. I still have an Xray XB8 I plan to electrify & then I'll have to give it a try. No more NITRO for me ..... It's Gas or Electric from now on !
MCD / FG / HPI
I think the amount of air they get is cool. More scale. Makes it more realistic. That Baja 1000 is SICK!!!
who said yu cant get air with a baja???!!! here is mine
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZQKx3HyAwU]YouTube - Als HPI Baja 5B BMX Track #2[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqwKN9d_mLE]YouTube - Als HPI Baja 5B BMX Track #5[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpyutG-2XA]YouTube - Als HPI Baja 5B BMX Track #4[/video]
RACING......because football, baseball, bowling, & golf only require ONE BALL
looker2756 Wrote:Come on down & give it a try. It's very similar to a 2WD gas truck. I've had a couple Losi XXXNT trucks & it's very close, other than the weight aspect of it. The 1/8 scale Buggies & truggies I've had drive better, but I've never been to a track & tried to time jumps lap after lap. I was at Hardestys last race & seen how difficult that looked. I still have an Xray XB8 I plan to electrify & then I'll have to give it a try. No more NITRO for me ..... It's Gas or Electric from now on !

Ya i raced for that one, its not easy to drive a buggy fast, truggy isnt much of a problem but 1/8th scale is super hard

slaytanic Wrote:I think the amount of air they get is cool. More scale. Makes it more realistic. That Baja 1000 is SICK!!!

Thanks !! It is very realistic driving as well. I really hope some of you guys come down & check these out. I think sometimes the size of them makes them appear to be slower. The reality though is the ammount of ground being covered is Huge in comparison to a smaller vehicle.

Green Hornet : Those vids Rock ! We have played with bigger air and the HPI does pretty well. I think the MCD's weight makes falling from the sky harder on parts. But it's all about the landing !! We've seen front arms get broken on an Hpi when nosed in real hard. The funnest thing ever for me is an MCD rally car !! Not made for jumping any way, but some kicking drift action with white spot tires & blue spots for total traction almost like carpet racing. We plan to come to Leisure hours & get on the on-road track this spring as well. So I have a winter to save up for that one !

Czech-it-Out Graphics : I agree with that one too ! One thing that makes it even harder is the level of drivers you come up against in those catagories. Being able to see semi-pro & Pro level drivers race, it makes you be able see the experience in driving up close.
MCD / FG / HPI
those vids are from the hill in elgin i bet. those 5bs look cool im thinking of getting one in the spring it would be great to see a couple of places in the area race them......
my new engine comes tomorrow, after i get it broke in, i am going to LS for a open practice day.
ttm Wrote:those vids are from the hill in elgin i bet. those 5bs look cool im thinking of getting one in the spring it would be great to see a couple of places in the area race them......

yup...that was in elgin. also as far as parts breaking, its hard to make that happen. all of those jumps, not one broken part. and i did a lot ore than what was on the video, and i crashed that landing twice really bad. i have to say that these are really built well..
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:man no jumping bummer i dont think i could get into that lol

Damn, I agree with Mikey?! Gotta mark this day down on the calendar.

If these things can't get 4-5' of air off a jump and downside the landing jump forget it.
GO TECH hahahahahahaha
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
BruceEdwards Wrote:Damn, I agree with Mikey?! Gotta mark this day down on the calendar.

If these things can't get 4-5' of air off a jump and downside the landing jump forget it.

Nobody said they couldn't, So I'm not sure what your saying ? Other than you obviously Don't have any experience with them. I personally don't like having to purchase parts & work on my vehicle, So I don't ! Not that they are Not capable of it. Why don't you compare these to an 1/18th scale vehicle too while your at it ....
There are obviously alot of different types of vehicles & the same ammount of drivers. What we like you may not, No biggie. Did you miss the videos of the 5b ?
MCD / FG / HPI
I think it's cool that you are supporting a growing segment of the hobby. With more support the class will be further refined and maybe come down in price. Keep it up.

What does a baja 1000 go for anyway?
In RTR version, which includes a 29cc stroker engine. They start at $ 2095.00. I agree they are a bit costly, But so is a new Corvette. I guess it's all in what you want & can afford. The currency exchange is not helping that point right now either. We to believe as this segment grows they will become more & more popular. Very possibly making them more affordable. We are definitely going to try our best to show people the advantages of them. With 40 minute run times & the many other advantages, they are catching on big time. HPI has helped quite a bit too with the baja 5b model which is also very cool & fun to drive.
MCD / FG / HPI

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Scale RC's Power Jam Large Scale Racing June 14-17th 2012 Monon, Indiana LOST IN MN 2 5,465 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: LOST IN MN
  My latest scale build up Mnster 209 71,522 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  PowerJam 1/5 Scale Racing Event - Monon Indiana - Are you registered yet ?? looker2756 1 4,523 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: looker2756
  Introducing " The Scrap Yard " 1/5 scale track IN looker2756 7 9,316 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,974 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  On road suggestions willitbme15 11 3,759 08-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Last Post: willitbme15
  Trans-Am On Road Racing chicagokenji 3 5,561 03-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  1/16 Scale Kyosho Nitros GeraldRisch 14 4,063 03-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Last Post: GeraldRisch
  1/8th Scale Running Electric? chicagokenji 43 17,028 11-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Last Post: team3six
  On Road Electric - Raise Your Hand Please chicagokenji 31 6,247 10-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Last Post: champion jeep