Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Road Tires
ok, what are good on road tires that will last and have good performance...i dont race, i have a nitro car that i would use outside....is rubber better,foam, whats the diff as in what has waht better....lmk thanks
All im asking for is whats a good tire for outdoor driving....and if u could, tell me which is better ,rubber or foam, and why..lol
rubber they would last longer if your just running on the street
Go Fast Or Go Home
ok but like what brand ,, something that is known to be good.....
These wear like iron, but won't have the grip like a racing tire. Good for parkinglot running, though! And they don't use foams. About $10/pair.

This is a set of Venom Racing 26mm Magnetics Hyper Grip Tires.

FEATURES: Long-wearing medium compound rubber "Hyper Grip" tires
Tires have a honeycomb style inner belt eliminating the need
for foam inserts

INCLUDES: Two tires with rubberbands to aid gluing

REQUIRES: Installing on 26mm touring car wheels

SPECS: Width: 1" (26mm)
Inner tire bead diameter: 1.8" (46mm)

[Image: vnrc1165.jpg]
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
i heard that IMEX is the only ones that use 100% rubber. just got off phone with them. What about Anacadas?
Don't bother with 100% rubber tires.

rubber outer tire using the duct tape method and a foam insert would be best for street running.

For durability (bashers don't usually care about the ultimate in traction) look into the harder compounds. You mainly want something that will last. For where we bash at busse you would want something similar to the proline badlands because we are running in grass, sometimes TALL grass, specially after all this rain (grass is going to be tall unless they cut it).
Revoguy, maybe you can clarify if you are looking for toruing car tires or monster truck size tires.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
o well i have a on-road car, idk what touring and stuff is yet but its a car...lol
That should make it easier for people to give you useful info on your options.

Knowing that you are looking to run an on-road car, on-road. While very hard rubber tires will last, you might get frustrated with the handling they offer, unless drifting is your thing.

I have run many different rubber tires on my HPI nitro RS4. The treaded "race" tires wear very quickly because of the weight of the car and the roughness of the parking lots we run on. I have run some higher shore foam tires and they do a little better on traction but they do wear and chunk if the surface is too rough. But no inner foams or mounting them is nice. And if you ever go racing, they are likely to be a better choice on a track, if they are the right hardness.

Rubber slicks can be a good all around tire choice, but they will feel loose on dusty/dirty surfaces like the street and lots.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Having a hard time finding grass tires for Jato. Blew section of tire off of IMEX mini pinn (soft) gave me tires for 2.5 not 3.3. Replaced with All T hard free of charge.
HUH ?? to BAD 1????

Well i like drifting but i heard that all u do is spin out on a plain surface and dont move.....ok so no foam for parking lot....no race tires for parking lot....so hard rubber tires with inner foams??? thats good?? hard rubber but not the drifting ones....
I ordered P L Walbash wheels & reg step pin for Jato & replaced Mulchers on rear of 3 trucks & have Badlands on my E-Savage.
And when I say "hard" it's a relative term. They are still pliable rubber, just harder than "traction" compound racing tires, therefore they will wear slower.

A tire with an inner foam also helps act like a shock absorber on rougher surfaces. The Venom Magnetics, with no foams, are very stiff, and hitting even small pebbles or cracks sends that jolt into the suspension of the car, making for a very bumpy drive.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I'm kinda confused here.

So you have a touring car.... I assume its a 1:10th touring car. As not many people have the 1:8th and bigger stuff.

In which case, a set of road rages, or another med or hard compound road tire should do. There are plenty for 1:10 tc class as its all they run on.
I had a set of HPI Belted Slicks and they worked pretty good on road.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proline tires MOAB and MASHER 2000 M3 on which wheels fit ? Antreas 0 2,746 11-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,977 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  On road suggestions willitbme15 11 3,764 08-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Last Post: willitbme15
  Asphault/Sealcoat Tires BJoe 7 2,655 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
  Trans-Am On Road Racing chicagokenji 3 5,562 03-14-2008, 12:46 AM
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,487 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  1/5 scale Off-Road looker2756 44 8,627 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  On Road Electric - Raise Your Hand Please chicagokenji 31 6,254 10-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Last Post: champion jeep
  Which tires for Truggy outdoor? motoxer4life 23 4,768 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  1/10 Tires Ponch 5 1,829 07-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Ponch