Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fastest truggy guys at LH?
Who are the fast truggy guys at LH, are they running .21's or .28's? How are the truggys classed, do the .21's and .28's run together? just curious, I'm gonna come up there and meet up with Tim Kasper a weekend or two this spring/summer and hang with him and learn some things, and run/practice or race, I just bought his X1-CrT and he is very cool / knowledgable guy, please give me some n00b advice for racing, I have'nt raced in 20 yrs, lol. I will have a pit guy thats going to do my tech/pit work, he was the track designer at R&R Hobby years ago in my hometown......I just need to keep gearing up and buying shit, I got spare CrT parts, multiple spring tension sets, Crimes and Bowties for tires, Sidewinder fuel, I'm gonna run a.21, the new DPS series....... What is the next best temp gun under Exergen, or is there one as accurate cheaper? thx for help guys, I really do appreciate it Wink
DPS? got a link?
yeah Bruce, I have heard great things about this engine, and its in the right ballpark for me, It will be my first real engine, so until I get the break-in/tuning methods down pat, I will not go all out. Troy Weatherholt told me it would be a great engine for CrT, there are articles on Truggyracers, and they are all good Wink

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info...ts_id/8880
I have seen Chris King run his in his buggy and it runs real good. Im not a big fan of Dynomite motors, but they get the job done. I guess i just like the stuff made in Italy.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
DPS= Dynamite. That's an SH motor.
boom! lmao Wink

ttt
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
HAGASAN Wrote:I have seen Chris King run his in his buggy and it runs real good. Im not a big fan of Dynomite motors, but they get the job done. I guess i just like the stuff made in Italy.

Change your last name Torresimo and then I'll understand your infatuation with the Italians.Big Grin I just want works and is the best value.
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:boom! lmao Wink

ttt

that makes zero sense, any real input?

@ Bruce, I totally agree, so who are the fast guys? and what are they running?

Derek Weatherholt and his father been testing/running the DPS line all year with great results, he says it will hang with any .21 out there, very smooth / linear through its powerband, we'll see how it does. I use to hand grown men their asses in electric modified when I was 15, not because I had the best gear,I did'nt, I was smooth/fluent around the layout, where they were loose as hell from heavy fingers. You dont win races by having the hippest/most expensive engine out there, but I would love to have a v-spec, and I will eventually.
well lets just say the blown engine thread on the grid is riddled with SH motors, hence the BOOM! lol

ttt

The O'Donnell temp gun that's orange and black is $40 and within 1 degree of Mike's Exergen.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
ya the OD gun is a good buy

ttt

ok, cool on that note, I will pick the O'donnell up, I was not aware that it was an SH based motor, I will look into that to actually find out for sure, not that I dont believe ya Bruce, I am just curious now Wink
I liked my SH, but it did "go-Boom" on me, but that was because it was stuck wot upside down for a good 30 seconds.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
So how are the truggy's classed? Do the .21's and .28's run together?
Yep.
yes
ok cool........ty Wink
how much is the dynamite .21? I was looking at the OS VG or anything around $150-175 price range. Maybe I'll take a look at the DYN

fastest truggy guys at LHR on a regular basis, Sonny O., Mitchel Pacin, Drimel, Hagasan AKA Joe Torres, Mike Czech, and I'm sure I'm forgetting people. Casketman has been making the A pretty regularly
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
they arent too pricey, the ones brian runs are pretty damn fast, still and SH tho

ttt

its like $179 at A-main...........should make a good first "real" engine for me Wink

Do you guys know Tim Kasper, he races there a lot I believe
Yeah we know Tim Kasper and his crew. Maybe you can teach them how to marshall like the rest of us after running a tank during practice.
Tex Wrote:fastest truggy guys at LHR on a regular basis, Sonny O., Mitchel Pacin, Drimel, Hagasan AKA Joe Torres, Mike Czech, and I'm sure I'm forgetting people. Casketman has been making the A pretty regularly

Sad

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
MX_KEVIN Wrote:Sad

I believe I saw the sheet from the race you finished second.... Big Grin
pwnzor Wrote:ok, cool on that note, I will pick the O'donnell up, I was not aware that it was an SH based motor, I will look into that to actually find out for sure, not that I dont believe ya Bruce, I am just curious now Wink

Dynamite and XTM engines are both made by SH. There was a period a couple years back, where ALL the SH made engines (Dyn and XTM included) were shipped with weak con rods. Unfortunately, when this was brought to their attention, they didn't pull the engines that had been shipped with the weak parts.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
I didnt want to brag. I'd rather have my kick ass driving speak for itself Rolleyes To answer his question, I think most of the guys with the newer truggies like the mugen or k car use a .21. I think there geared a little diffrent and lighter than the Ofna, LSP, ect. and the extra run time in the A main cant hurt either. I run a vzb.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hey you guys like my avtar muggy 8 3,164 12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,627 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,786 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,499 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
  Need some help Mugen Guys!! Prospec? slaytanic 8 2,168 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Last Post: slaytanic
  $300 rtr truggy for the beginners. DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 2,131 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Whats up Guys Sh1nn3r 4 1,362 10-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r
  Possible AE truggy? Evil3 94 11,069 08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
  Which tires for Truggy outdoor? motoxer4life 23 4,784 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  What truggy as a basher? motoxer4life 198 26,822 07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life