Poll: what truggy for bashing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jammin x1 crt rtr
5.26%
1 5.26%
8ight-t rtr
10.53%
2 10.53%
Jammin crt .5 artr
15.79%
3 15.79%
Jammin x1 crt kit
42.11%
8 42.11%
8ight-t kit
10.53%
2 10.53%
Jammin crt.5 kit
15.79%
3 15.79%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What truggy as a basher?
Im looking to get a truggy or something to bash with after i buy my new bike. so what would you guys recommend? It would be mostly for bashing since it is way cheaper (i would love to race again but it is alot of money) and soemtimes drivin on the track but for fun. Also no mt's cause i had one and never liked it.
Ofna Mutilator! For sure can take a beatin, just ask Addicted to Nitro, he seen mine get the crap beat out of it! And a lot cheaper than the ones on your list!

Matt Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Thunder tiger ST-1
You're never to old to be immature
I voted crt.5 artr....Cuz it's cool. Small enough to bash almost anywhere but you can still take it to the track and have fun with it.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
i voted for the .5 also.
I voted for the CRT cause RobH has been bashing his. and it seems to be pretty much bulletproof.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
ya after 3 g lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
but I've read SOMEWHERE that it doesnt take much to make it stronger. a few KH CNC stuff braces whatnot.

Lsp
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
just get a revo. it will be a billion times better than the savvy you had
Racin' Ranger1 Wrote:just get a revo. it will be a billion times better than the savvy you had

Like mine! Hit me up with a PM if your interested.
rocco79 Wrote:Lsp

^^
LSP or CRT pro kit. LSP is cheaper, but the CRT pro kits can sometimes be found with upgrades for a good price.

I've owned both and the LSP works well, but as much as I loved the aluminum arms i think it would have been better with the plastics on there and upgraded chassis braces. The hubs are weak and many people upgrade to the top cad kyosho hubs.

I've put both of my cars through hell and they've both held up. In fact, I broke 2 arms on the CRT about 4 weeks ago but thats it, and I've taken some nasty landings where I hit either the left or right front wheel at a nose down angle and the truck has soaked it up. And I do have the massive power to mess it up good, a 528xr will do that. Only upgrade the CRT has over stock pro kit is the Z-brace and CNC monomount, everything else is factory stock.
right now i am thinking the jammin kit but i may have to go with the rtr since i wont have alot of money.
I didnt think of LSP...I got one, its quite the tank...Lol

motoxer4life Wrote:right now i am thinking the jammin kit but i may have to go with the rtr since i wont have alot of money.

Are you buying used or new? Find a used pro kit roller if you need to save money. Or buy a new LSP roller from Ultimatehobbies.com for about $269, even comes with a pipe.

But don't get the Jammin RTR, you'll need to spend about $60 off the bat in parts, you'll need the CNC chassis braces, and the CNC toe block, or even the smallest bad landing will crack the plastic toe plate, and then you'll lose the rear dog bones too.

I picked up my Jammin pro kit used for $450 + shipping, and it was a complete car, digital servo's, 30vg, and jp2 pipe and a CNC monomount. clean as a whistle too! Only upgrade I've added so far is a Z-brace.You can find them as rollers for about $300 if you are patient.
CRT PRO > RTR Hands down...

Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:Are you buying used or new? Find a used pro kit roller if you need to save money. Or buy a new LSP roller from Ultimatehobbies.com for about $269, even comes with a pipe.

But don't get the Jammin RTR, you'll need to spend about $60 off the bat in parts, you'll need the CNC chassis braces, and the CNC toe block, or even the smallest bad landing will crack the plastic toe plate, and then you'll lose the rear dog bones too.

I picked up my Jammin pro kit used for $450 + shipping, and it was a complete car, digital servo's, 30vg, and jp2 pipe and a CNC monomount. clean as a whistle too! Only upgrade I've added so far is a Z-brace.You can find them as rollers for about $300 if you are patient.

i would do that but i dont like used stuff because stuff can be broken, worn, dented, stuff like that. but ya i would want new. and the reason i dont know about a lsp is because, why would it be so cheap and still be good? id rather buy something like a 8ight-t and have alot of people like at the track to ask about setups and stuff.
o ya and does anyone know about the mugen prospec or the regular?
mooooooooooooooooooo Smile
which one prospec or regular?
prospec. regular bends/breaks too easy....especially for bashing.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
just get the TTR ull never break it
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
^^^+1 Confusedalute:
motoxer4life Wrote:i would do that but i dont like used stuff because stuff can be broken, worn, dented, stuff like that. but ya i would want new. and the reason i dont know about a lsp is because, why would it be so cheap and still be good? id rather buy something like a 8ight-t and have alot of people like at the track to ask about setups and stuff.
o ya and does anyone know about the mugen prospec or the regular?

You just contradicted yourself. Is this primarily a race truck, or a basher? If you are really just going to be bashing with only the occasional track day don't spend the money unless you have it.

You also said you didn't want to spend all that much, and an 8ight-T out of your league then.

I've never understood the don't buy used mentality. The only cars I've ever owned from brand new are the IGT/Hyper One Seven/ OFNA Ultra Comp 2 lx. But I haven't had any more problems with my used ones over my new ones. In fact, all of my used cars have been reliable to a fault for what I put them through.

Take your time, do your research and you can walk away with a good deal.
alright well ive kinda decided on the jammin crt rtr. I know it didint get alot of votes but ive heard alot about it, its popular, and its cheap. So Could you guys please give me links to the upgrades i will need for it to make it bashable and pretty forgiving. Thanks, Nick.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,623 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,757 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,494 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
  $300 rtr truggy for the beginners. DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 2,124 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Possible AE truggy? Evil3 94 11,055 08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
  Which tires for Truggy outdoor? motoxer4life 23 4,776 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  The 8 Truggy's R Out, SLOW REVO 125 14,973 03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  decent entry level truggy AddictedtoNITRO 55 7,654 02-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  ofna orange/yellow molded truggy foams pwnzor 16 2,614 02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  Building a new Savage basher. mikeh 20 3,107 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM