Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you pay for a truggy rolling chassis?
Includes body, wheels...etc.. In good shape, needs only engine, servo's, radio tray.

I'm trying to get a good price range to work with as I would like to pick up a truggy at some point in the next few months, but i really don't want to buy a new one. I know there will be concessions to it as it would be a used RC but a little wear and tear is acceptable.

I'm looking mainly at the pro kits as it would be cheaper to pick upall of the HD parts in a pro kit or factory team car than buying the RTR version used, and then upgrading.

Currently, I'm looking at Kyosho ST-1(STR), Mugens, Jammin CRT pro's, etc....

Info and advice is appreciated as I'm just now starting to watch ebay for average prices on truggies.
i know ive seen alot of crts go for around 400, or try to go for 400, i bet you could get a seller down to bout 350 or less, depending on what extras come with it.
depends on condition and model as to how much it would be.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i got my STR used for 550, not even roller didnt have wheels or tires...but that was a few months ago.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
I bought the TTR ST1 brand new (second hand) for $400, but that was a good deal.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I got my Jammin X1cr FTE for $177 on ebay, and it was in "like new" condtion, needing only tires and running gear.

While I don't think I'll find another deal like that, I can be patient enough to get a truggy for up to $350 I think. May take a while though before it happens. thats my price limit right now. Maybe when uncle same gives me a tax return this coming Feb I'll have more funds to play with. Big Grin
Its hard to put a limit on what you want to spend, especially if you are going to race. Because you will always need spares, you don't want a day to end short because you don't have the part. You will end up upgrading it so that is more money.

In your price range of 350.00 I would look at a LSP, you can usually get them all hopped up with king headz and other improvements with a ton of spares for your price range. Its an older based truggy but still competitive on the track. There a few on truggy racers loaded with tons of spare you can get for a steal. I know I sold mine all hopped up with king headz and a bce chassis and enough spares for anouther whole truck for like 360.00 Because eveyone wanted a crt or str so the value dropped quickly. This might happen with the crt and even the kyosho with the mugen truck and the losi comming out.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
1/8 MSR-MBX5 Truggy Kit
Truggy Race to Win!

Retail: $1,065.99

Product Number: MUGZMT034

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Features

Join the newest RC craze-Truggy racing!
Includes MUGE0001 standard MBX5 kit and MUGZMT001 Truggy conversion kit
Overview

Offer your customer the race-proven Mugen MBX5 and the MSTX5T Truggy conversion kit, all in one box!

This combo kit includes the standard MBX5 kit and the conversion kit.

RC racing’s most dominant 1/8 monster conversion truck is now available in a single kit. Mugen’s MSR-MBX5 truck includes the World Champion MBX5 and all the parts from the MSTX5T conversion kit.

Attached Files
.jpg   mbx5.jpg (Size: 34.79 KB / Downloads: 9)
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
Well, too late, my wallet got the better of me again. Scored a MBX5T w/ a picco .27 and a JP1 pipe for $380. Has some prospec parts on it.
sweet... the new mugen one?

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
Well its a Mugen MBX5T, with some prospec parts is how the description was. Its not the prospec itself though.

However its ready to go other than the radio system.

MBX5T
Crimefighters
Picco .27 Jp1 pipe
Hitec 635 for throttle, JR 650m for steering

no body though. I usually run without one for a while anyways.
I bet that's the Mugen MSR kit on a MBX5 buggy.
That's a whole other ballgame compared to the new MBX5T.

still a cool truck and it looks like you got it for a great price. Do you have a link for the sale? I am really interested in checking it out.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
mugen has 2 trucks the mbxt pro spec and the mbx5t (non prospec)

By his description he got the non prospect version. Same truck just no upgraded with all the nice prospect stuff
this one
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info...ts_id/7383
ill bet its not that one, i bet it's the one with the extenders and not the long arms.
I bet its the sort arm one too but its still a great deal
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
ohh yeah is a great deal, plus he might be able to just order the new arms and put them on if he doesnt like the short ones. so ya it's a killer deal mugen stuff is solid.
Well, You would be correct, the seller listed it as a MBX5T Truggy, however I emailed him when I saw the comments in this thread and it turned out that its the MSR conversion kit, and not the true MBX5T.

Now i'm a little upset because I thought i was bidding on a true truggy, and not a converted buggy. If I wanted to convert a buggy I have 2 full buggies sans running gear just laying around, I could have convereted those.

So now the question is, what are the differeces between the MBX5T and the MSR conversion? I looked on the mugun website and it does list an extended chassis, but how much is different, and could I build it into a true mbx5t?

Honestly, I'm about ready to turn around and list it on ebay with the same reserve as what I paid for it once I get it. Guess whats what I get for an impulse bid.

What are my options?
i think the main difference is the long arms, and the gearing, you should be able to convert i think.
there is a major handling difference
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Being able to convert isn't really the question. I guess the question is really is it worth the PRICE of converting it. From what i've read the MSR has an extended chassis.

Does anyone know if the extended MSR chassis is the same as the chassis on the MBX5T? If it is, I'd still need at the minimum the upper/lower arms for front/rear, new CVA's front and rear. Thats pretty much gaurenteed. I don't like the idea of wheel hub extenders at all, it moves the load point away from the hub and increases stress on the hub. Which would make it more prone to breakag on hard landings.

I guess at this point that I will turn around and sell it once I receive it. I wanted a truggy, not a coverted buggy, guess I should have done more research.

*edit: Yep, I'm turning around and selling it, or possibly even retracting my paypal payment and calling ebay about a mis listed item. Depends on what the seller agree's on.
good luck
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Chassis is diffrent and pretty much every thing else.
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:Well, You would be correct, the seller listed it as a MBX5T Truggy, however I emailed him when I saw the comments in this thread and it turned out that its the MSR conversion kit, and not the true MBX5T.

Now i'm a little upset because I thought i was bidding on a true truggy, and not a converted buggy. If I wanted to convert a buggy I have 2 full buggies sans running gear just laying around, I could have convereted those.

So now the question is, what are the differeces between the MBX5T and the MSR conversion? I looked on the mugun website and it does list an extended chassis, but how much is different, and could I build it into a true mbx5t?

Honestly, I'm about ready to turn around and list it on ebay with the same reserve as what I paid for it once I get it. Guess whats what I get for an impulse bid.

What are my options?

If payment hasn't already been sent, you may be able to back out of the deal, on the grounds that the listing didn't acuratly describe what was being auctioned off. Double check the listing to be sure that it doesn't say in the listing that it was converted from a Buggy.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
Unfortunately payment has already been sent, and accepted through paypal, so i can't reverse it without ruffling alot of feathers.
Man I would ruffle away, report to ebay report to paypal. he totally false advertised the item. Threaten him with this and he shoudl refund the money.

Can you give us the item number

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Micro Rc racing chassis...MR-CG. CowboySiR 4 4,733 11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Last Post: CowboySiR
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,626 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,769 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,497 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
  $300 rtr truggy for the beginners. DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 2,128 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Possible AE truggy? Evil3 94 11,061 08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
  Which tires for Truggy outdoor? motoxer4life 23 4,780 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  What truggy as a basher? motoxer4life 198 26,791 07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Electric 8th Chassis BobWoodhouse 2 1,537 06-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Last Post: blktransam
  The 8 Truggy's R Out, SLOW REVO 125 15,000 03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty