Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to pick out a motor for my buggy.
I'm thinking of starting out with a novarossi T21BF. Is it as reliable as the higher end (priced) nova's? I don't need the craziest power output just yet. I need to learn to drive one of these things first. What do you guys think? What pipe works well with this motor?
BF is a great motor. I run a NR9853 on mine. Really havent tried other pipes.
You could also look into the RB econo 3-port.
For me it was ethier the Novarossi Bf21 or the rb....

I went with the Nova just by seeing how fast Jb's was and how flawlessly it ran....

Ive run a 9853 nova pipe and now have a jp-2 on it... Both work extremly well...

This was also the easiest break in ever! Still on the stock plug! I love this mill! Hope my p5x is almost as good!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I also have the 21BF. It has enough power for me just getting into 1/8 and I am using a JP-2.
Best bang for the buck is the STS Team .21: http://www.racernine.com/sts21team.html

Check out the dyno results of the other STS motors in comparison to others that cost much more: http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/Engine%20Database.htm

Another great motor for the money: http://www.shengines.com/tech_data_new_pt2004-xb1.htm
errrr.... The nova is cheaper than that motor...

But i do love SH engines though. Always ran them in my MT (24/7 pro baby!)
Rocco, I said "bang for the buck" not cheapest. It's a hand modded filled crank .21 for $195 shipped. That's amazing IMO.
He said he doesn't want a crazy fast motor to start with, there is always next season for mod motors.

I say RB 3 port econo. There is a new one to be had at the Tiltyard forums (new forums, like the grid) for $150 shipped NIB. There is also a guy there selling a used one for $90 shipped (like 6-8 tanks on it, break in not even done, seems like a reputable guy)
Cory Crosley runs one and his has enough power for anything that I've seen.

My next BB will be an RB, one way or another.

Dan Youngblood has a .21BF that he's not using, it's has like 3 tanks on it. He attemped to put it on his revo and he didn't like all the mods involved so he went with something else. I can see if he wants to sell it if your interested in going that route. He'd probably do like $140 or something. not sure though.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
RB all the way. The 3-port is the motor Cory runs and he loves it. Also the RB S7II is another excellent choice. GQ Johnny loves his to death and its very smooth fast, like me. Wink
T-T-T Confusedalute:
I would strongly suggest and RB s5 or WS7II or S7. The Rb motors are great beginner mills that are also great for highly competetive racing. They WILL make u a smoother driver. I like the nova's but I still think they have too much low end. The RB's are so smooth on the bottom that u cant get urself into trouble, but u can stil easily clear jumps.
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
WS7II has definitly(sp) made me a better driver. The RB 3-port for $150 from Homer is a killer deal for anyone. Cory qualed 4th in the A-main at round one with his.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
satoch Wrote:Rocco, I said "bang for the buck" not cheapest. It's a hand modded filled crank .21 for $195 shipped. That's amazing IMO.

Sorry dude... Bang for the buck to means cheaps most powerful... Like a dodge duster ... Nutin but motor... No creature comforts ect...
rb.....rb....rb....rb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
sh!t try it tune!
Hell yeah go for the RB.... been eyeballing some RB's myself. From what I've seen from the locals running them, they are smooth and seem to have good gas mileage.
Its cheap as the bf and this way we all kinda get to knoww the motor after you buy it.. Like a test mule!
it's already been tested and proven to work by Cory.

If you want to get it local I saw a NIB econo 3 port RB at LH for $169.00
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex Wrote:it's already been tested and proven to work by Cory.

If you want to get it local I saw a NIB econo 3 port RB at LH for $169.00

Yeah... Tested by an accompished sponsored guy... No offense to john but hes more on my/our level and id like to see it run by someone more in my skill range...

Im sure cory could strap in a hyper 21 3 port and kick alota arse too... Dont mean i will with a turd mill.
he ran that little ass omega 3 port and laid it down on us....then everyone else bought one hahhahah
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Cory kicks azz with his against pros with Pro-mills, the kid got mad skillz and he doesnt need tons of motor. The RB motors just are great stuff. Mikey has a 14 gallon WS7II. long lasting.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
Hell, why not! I'm gonna try out the 3 port RB.
good call.
cool! i look forward to racin wit ya soon greek!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GV Shark 4WD 1/10 - Powerfull motor installed but power lost in transmition system Antreas 1 3,461 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  new buggy question SHYCAGO 33 6,871 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  New Buggy Soon J-Dub 29 6,273 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  motor liam 9 2,838 01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  What Motor? snoracer 42 7,605 01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Eddie F
  Would a 5HP engine fit in my buggy LMAO Rawkfist_02 23 4,915 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,166 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Setting up a clutch for 1/8th buggy Toughtrax 6 1,859 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  New buggy from SH Engines! slaytanic 26 3,972 10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Piktor Rush 2 8th scale buggy? Thirdgen89GTA 38 6,565 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Last Post: allan42r