Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Motor?
I have decided to by a mugen mbx5t. What motor is the best bang for the buck??? I would like to race the truggy. Price, 300.00 and under.
You couldn't go wrong with a OS V-Spec lots of power and torque they just did a write up about that and the new OS 28 in a mag and they where testing it in a MBX5T and decided for racing you should go with a 21 and there right about 270 plus shipping from A Main right now.
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
Ima novarossi guy. a P5xS would be plenty for your truck as thats what i run. I got 9 gallons out of my last one.

BUT... There are MANY other great motors out there, Vspecs are great and ive been hearing good things about go tech motors (time will tell if these last)
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
There are going to be lots of great answers here since everyone has used or been in contact with just about every engine out there to date the biggest thing that you should look at is what about a certain engine is it that you like the best and try your luck. With that kind of money your not really going to go wrong in any direction you go.
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
Great feedback, thanx. Any feedback on rb concepts s7 7 port motor? Are the ninja motors good?
Talk to chad from fastlane graphics. (chickenfarmer) He has had a TON of rb's and i know how he feels about them buy id rather you spoke to the man that owned them all.
Mugen makes Ninja motors. I think thats the relationship.

Good motors, I like the way they look, Smooth powerband and aggressive IMO. I've used one in a friends Truggy, a .21 is plenty of power for that truggy, its really light.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
Just a side note...
I heard from corey that grp (ninja) and mugen have parted ways. Just a FYI. Id still buy another ninja
Are they easy to tune?
just like all race engines they arent that bad. Ninjas have been known to be very tight and take alittle longer to break in
yeah lol, the guy had to buy another starter box because it couldnt even turn it over brand new. fully charged and everything.

rocco79 Wrote:Ima novarossi guy. a P5xS would be plenty for your truck as thats what i run. I got 9 gallons out of my last one.

BUT... There are MANY other great motors out there, Vspecs are great and ive been hearing good things about go tech motors (time will tell if these last)

i agree 100% love my novarossi engines. just dissassembled and cleaned up my p5xs and its getting ready for gallon number 3 so i figure after gallon 4 ill replace the bearings and it should go 4 more.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Eli-
Glad to hear your motor is working out well for you! IMO, i would change the Con rod before the bearing. I know around gallon 5 the brass bearing on the lower part of the arm had a desent amount of play.
yeah i noticed a little play with that so it will probably be con rod and bearings since i have it apart. still trying to decide if i want to try a diffrent pipe. currently im running a jp1.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
OH MY GAWD!!!!
Get a Bulitt 1005 ( a.k.a Mugen 1005) best pipe evver on a p5x. The pipe is like the cream of the crop for the novas

[MSR1005] Bullit Racing MSR-1005 Off Road Tuned Pipe Set
rocco79 Wrote:OH MY GAWD!!!!
Get a Bulitt 1005 ( a.k.a Mugen 1005) best pipe evver on a p5x. The pipe is like the cream of the crop for the novas

[MSR1005] Bullit Racing MSR-1005 Off Road Tuned Pipe Set

ill have to pick one of those up. how would the thundertiger pipe compare to it. if its nowhere near the same ill just buy the bullit
2 of the top 10 racers at LH now run GO Tech engines. They are reasonably priced, reliable, easy to tune, fast as hell, and are the only motors with local manufacturer support and a great contingency program. Look in to them. Feel free to stop by my pit area on Sunday to learn more.
Thanks to:
Go Tech Engines http://www.racefactorindustries.com
Merlin Glow Plugs http://www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing http://www.vantageracing.com
Torco RC Racing Fuels http://www.torco.com
Bruce, do you know when the 3 port race will be available? Heard it is going to be a badazz mill.
Id say go with the v-spec. I have one right now, my brother has one, and ive had them in my last 2 cars. They are so fast and really easy to tune. And alot of people at the track have them so they could prolly help ya a little bit if you need help tuning or something.
ok...HI..lol

os...easiest to tune, reliable, fast as hell, should get atleast 6 gallons
rb....a little harder to tune, smooth fast....I have had ZERO luck with the c6 series, the ws7III is a great mill, but probably not waht you want for a truggy. since you are just starting if you want a RB i would say a S5, they are cheap, fast, mine went over 8 gallons till the paint fairy had his way with it...Smile
Nova...I wasnt a big nova fan until I started running this little 21BF indoors this year, it has been in my truggy and buggy and this thing hauls the mail man, prolly close to 3 gallons if not more and its super tight, idles great, and rips.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
and by the way...the GO motors do look good, I cant say I wont try one myself. Smile

and bruce...I know cory is but who else?

Im getting a Novarossi .21bf.......I will be running on small track for club racing starting Apr.26 do It should be ideal, and its only $170. I'm gonna couple it with a AE black hardcoat 2035 pipe, OD 99 plugs, and OD 30% fuel.

GrP is now sponsoring the AE camp, Maifield and Ashton have signed to run them in 2008.
chickenfarmer3 Wrote:and by the way...the GO motors do look good, I cant say I wont try one myself. Smile
Honestly... I was thinking of buying one also.:eek: ( And you know how i love my daygo made mills!!!)
Ahh. Micro Motori.

^__^

I think its Dago. Italians represent.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GV Shark 4WD 1/10 - Powerfull motor installed but power lost in transmition system Antreas 1 3,463 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  motor liam 9 2,841 01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Best Motor, ESC, servo for on-road? mikeh 6 2,038 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  T4RS Motor Moves forward BobWoodhouse 4 1,654 03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  Truggy Motor FreeRideFrosty 57 8,479 01-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Last Post: pwnzor
  New Sirio Motor for Revo (S27RE)!!! BAMF90 15 5,013 01-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  mid motor micro-t?!? thenewguy jr 1 1,284 01-09-2007, 07:30 PM