Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truggy Motor
Now, cost aside, what are the best truggy motors? I have one of the heavier truggies in the LSP. What motor has tons of power (enough for indoor and out), has good life, pretty good run time on a tank, holds a nice tune?? It can be a modded motor or a non modded motor. I was eyeing that Novarossi 528XR.... but it sold.

Reccomendations??
AB modded Picco .28 FT, or nova 528xr

[Image: _wsb_500x283_AB+Mods+stage+2+Picco+.28+team+turbo.jpg]
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Picco's make me nervous. I have owned two now and they seem to be full power, or nothing, not progressive at all. They are also hit or miss on tuning, either real good, or real bad.
Save for a 528xr
so iim guessing ur not interested in the radical anymore then
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I have a NIB 528XS I'll sell you...
http://www.chitownrc.com/showthread.php?t=4968

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
528's are disgustingly powerful
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Mike: I am still considering the Radical but used motors still do make me a bit nervous. Something is telling me that if I am going to keep dumping money into this thing that I should just do it right the first time and buy new stuff.

Now, with the 528's: What is the difference in the overall power between the 8 port XR and 3 port XS? Fuel consumption differences? The pullstart on that XS worries me though so I would definitely swap that out. (I think I am officially racer now.... the basher me never would have said that.)

Thanks for the help guys.
One that gets overlooked and I know Bruce and Lance can vouch is the
STS 28.

I have two one that I started the break in and the other I have 5 gallons on it and still rockin.
The STS is a good motor all around and with the pip I have got 10 min run time.
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
Bio, who makes the STS .28?
Confusednore: When I grow up, I wana be a Kid!!
p5, plenty of power and novarossi reliability.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
thats fine dan let me know
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
True, Bio's STS .28 is a great engine. He's had amazing success with it.
+1 On that STS, amazing power at a decent price.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Freeride if your looking to get a motor and not spend alot of money get a sportwerks 26 v2 probably can get one brand new for 100 bucks you cant beat it. All the power you want...
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
+1 on that sportwerks.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
Sh1nn3r Wrote:Freeride if your looking to get a motor and not spend alot of money get a sportwerks 26 v2 probably can get one brand new for 100 bucks you cant beat it. All the power you want...

That is true.... I was watching a Truggy HAULLIN' during Thursday's practice. I asked him what motor he was running and sure enough.... Sportwerks .26.
I offered that engine to you....pull the trigger or it's gonna get sold :p:

FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Mike: I am still considering the Radical but used motors still do make me a bit nervous. Something is telling me that if I am going to keep dumping money into this thing that I should just do it right the first time and buy new stuff.

Now, with the 528's: What is the difference in the overall power between the 8 port XR and 3 port XS? Fuel consumption differences? The pullstart on that XS worries me though so I would definitely swap that out. (I think I am officially racer now.... the basher me never would have said that.)

Thanks for the help guys.

ORC.... that is why I posted this reply. I am interested but comparing a few still. Also.... I have to drop about $500 on books so I wouldn't be able to pay until this weekend or so.....
As far as I've seen the 8 ports are sick and possibly too much for most people to use around here. The 3 port would be crazy on low end...piped & geared correctly I would think it would be a good combo....I've never run outdoor at LH, but I don't think you're going to be lacking any noticable top end.

I have a 528 3 port that i cut the nipple off the crank and got a N/P.S. back plate for and it was a monster!
It N E V E R topped out at LH outdoor....

It could pull a 15tooth bell on the lsp! (i wouldnt recommend a 15 though go 13t)

As i remember the fuel eco was comparable to a mach 26/ xtm 247pro ( that means not too bad)
Gotcha.... so it isn't too hard to switch to a non P/S backplate then??

Also.... reccomendation on pipe and header for the 3 port?
If you could find one MSR1005...or maybe a JP-3?

Its easy... You take out the crank. Bust out the dremel tool. Remove the tiny lil pin on the crank that catches on the one way bearing and your done... 30 seconds tops. (sell the one way back plate and pullstart and youll make back 35 bucks!)

The back plate can be found on ebay for like 20 bucks....

As for a pipe... Hmmmm, i go with somthin thats alittle more suited for mid too top end power... You already have an 086 pipe.. Thats a high end pipe. Try a jp-2 or an msr 1005
That 086 is too damn short. LoL That is the reason I melted another tank..... (That and I didn't take the time to bend a new hanger.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GV Shark 4WD 1/10 - Powerfull motor installed but power lost in transmition system Antreas 1 3,457 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,616 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,680 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  motor liam 9 2,831 01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  What Motor? snoracer 42 7,574 01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Eddie F
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,482 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
  $300 rtr truggy for the beginners. DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 2,116 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Possible AE truggy? Evil3 94 10,970 08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
  Which tires for Truggy outdoor? motoxer4life 23 4,756 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  What truggy as a basher? motoxer4life 198 26,633 07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life