Poll: Keep or Change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep as a truggy.
29.41%
5 29.41%
Change to a buggy.
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Truggy or go Buggy?
I'm all confused. I'm not sure if now I want to keep this truck as a truggy or if I want to change it back to a buggy. I realize that if I do keep as a truggy I'll most likely not get very far with it, and if I changed back to buggy it'd be a bit more even, not my driving skills but the cars theoretical capabilities.

I just want to know your guys' thoughts on the whole matter.

To get it to buggy status I'd need a new body, tires, and motor. Is it worth it? I'm sure for $150 I could get it to be a buggy.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
sure
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
go buggy its a money pit now as a truggy
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
get a center diff and some tires off e-bay and swich back and forth.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Why a new motor?
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
wow 3 posts at the same time.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
If I remember right, it's Six's old K2 Buggy/"Cheater" Truggy. Just need some Buggy rims and tires to convet it back. I don't think Six changed the gearing ratio.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
You don't need a new motor unless you plan on running in a sanctioned race. And even at those, there is an intermediate class (which allows bigger than .21 motors I think).

At a regular club race, no one will care what motor is in you're buggy or truck.
Sh1nn3r Wrote:Why a new motor?

When racing a Buggy, you are limited to a .21 engine (In sanctioned races). It has a bigger engine in it now, as a Truggy.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:go buggy its a money pit now as a truggy

Why's it a money pit now? I haven't really broken anything...

firesprink281 Wrote:get a center diff and some tires off e-bay and swich back and forth.

Already has a center diff... Yeah I'm checking fleabay now for tires.

Mr. Tune Wrote:You don't need a new motor unless you plan on running in a sanctioned race. And even at those, there is an intermediate class (which allows bigger than .21 motors I think).

At a regular club race, no one will care what motor is in you're buggy or truck.

If I ran intermediate class at RCPS with the .28 would anybody really care all that much?
I just checked the rcps rule book and need to take back my comment above. Rules state .21 only. I didn't see any seperate rules for the expert and intermediate class, so I assume it's the same for both.

I say change to buggy.
Dangit. If I do go buggy, I'll just pick up an OS21RG. I liked it when I had the same buggy before lmao.
i dunno i just mean it was a money pit to make it a truggy just MHO. You really wouldnt waanna run a .28 in a buggy, wheel spin all day lol

Come on mikey, tell him, you know you want to...

Get a TTR!!!

LOL
LoL...Naa I'll stick to whats I gots.... But yeah IDK mabye I can pick up some cheap tires or something... And a body too, that I'll paint the same damn design on again but it won't turn out half as good! lol
Well I think I am picking up buggy (GS Storm from Tune) which is probably roughly on the same level as the K2. We can run in the back of the buggy pack together. I am going to run whatever I can for now and can always change later if I get some money.

(Tune you have no idea how much I appreciate this offer.)
yeah that's what I was kinda thinking too... You're fun to hack on the track lol... Ahh back to the good old opening days of LH when they shut the lights down on us when we were in the middle of racing lol....
Dan not busting ur balls, but the K2 is head over heals better than the GS buggy just noting from experience

tune, you made the snow man happy
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I did change the gearing.. It is running LSP ring and pinions front and rear. You can keep the LSP ring and pinion gears in it though and convert it to a buggy. Just use a 17t CB with the buggy wheels and body with a .21.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
SixVi6-Camaro Wrote:I did change the gearing.. It is running LSP ring and pinions front and rear. You can keep the LSP ring and pinion gears in it though and convert it to a buggy. Just use a 17t CB with the buggy wheels and body with a .21.

That or I can take an hour and change the gears out.... Shouldn't be too hard.
It's ok Mikey. I'm still cooler than you though. :-D Honestly though.... I don't think I need much more than a storm right now, and I thin kthere are some adjustments Matt may not need on his buggy. I think if we are set up well we would be a pretty good match for each other. I had fun racing him before. We were always pretty even.
Yeah, but that was cause you jumped some tubes to keep up with me :p:
traxxas thrasher Wrote:tune, you made the snow man happy

You're lucky I can't fight right now. If I get hit in the stomach I could get sent to the hospital, emergency surgery, or worse.....
ya i hear ya

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new buggy question SHYCAGO 33 6,871 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,622 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  New Buggy Soon J-Dub 29 6,272 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,745 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
  Would a 5HP engine fit in my buggy LMAO Rawkfist_02 23 4,915 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,166 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,493 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
  Setting up a clutch for 1/8th buggy Toughtrax 6 1,859 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  $300 rtr truggy for the beginners. DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 2,122 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  New buggy from SH Engines! slaytanic 26 3,969 10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics