Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Revo Diff Probs.
Ok- Landed hard on the rear end today after doing a b-flip prepping for the bash. Then the truck just stopped and wouldn't go anywhere (that's always a good sign right?) so I tore the rear end apart and found a chipped tooth.

My q; Can I run my revo while it's missing 1 and only 1 tooth off the ring gear?
I'm strapped for cash right now, so if I don't have to replace it I don't want to.

Anybody have just the ring gear they want to sell??? Thanks.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I don't know much or anything about diffs, but I would say you probally wouldn't want to run with out the teeth on there, it might work for a few tanks but eventually it will go..., just put that diff up front and put the good one in the back so you can still have RWD, its better than FWD only.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Either way it won't work well I don't think.
I guess I'll try to return some stuff to LH and get some gears.
dont run it chipped u will just destroy the pinion that way
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
dont run it. Either way you need a new ring and pinion now so why take the chance of messing something else up?
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Good point everybody. Looks like I'll be taking a bike ride up to LH tommrow.
Revo2k Wrote:I guess I'll try to return some stuff to LH and get some gears.

You shady little....... :mad:
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:You shady little....... :mad:

Nonono like stuff I bought but haven't installed yet...I bought but didn't really need like the traxxas 40mm flywheel..I have that laying around.
WHAT THE F***!???!?!?!? I get the rear diff fixed and now it's still sticking!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Uhhhhhghghhghg my front diff is completely DESTROYED! DECIMATED! GONE POS I HATE THIS TRUCK HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU BLOW BOTH DIFFS IN ONE F'IN LANDING!!!!!!!!?????????????????????@@@@@@@@@!@ AEGHEHEHRHJERRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u race things made by traxxas??? LOL Wink
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
no he just has no clue what he's doing. You dont even need a single shim on the traxxas diffs.
Yes you do need a shim. It's in the diagram.

revo2k, are you aligning the halfsafts correctly? There are 2 dots on the end of both halfs. If there not matched up, the driveshaft won't extended or contract properly, resulting in blown diffs.
That comes in the rebuild kit tho. Thats to also help seal the cup and properly shim the spyder gears. Im talking about ring and pinion gears dont need shimming. Spyder gears never break
That sucks, I finally got mine fixed today, I just need to change a spur now and I should be running. They are a pain to change I know that.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Yes, I do know what I'm doing Michowski. I don't know where you came with the comment on the shims though.

Tune, yes, while I was switching out chassis a while ago, I noticed those. They've been aligned properly since.

I only killed the ring and pinion gears, sorry if it sounded like I screwed the whole thing.

Today is just not my day. My Ipos broke so I had to return that, and now I'm mp3 player-less. Now I thought I had my truck fixed, and it turned out to only be half done. Found out that to rent the uhaul for the bash it's gonna be like twice what I thought it would be.

But hey. Whatever. I'm making another run up to LH tommrow and will have the diff fixed by tommrow night ready for the bash.
I blew spider gears with the OS18TM in my revo. Ring and pinion was fine.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
interesting, I have never heard of one person breaking the spyder gears untill now.
Yeah Tex, with all the ring/pinions I've blown my spiders are still in great condition.
My original spyder gears are all still the same color all around. Nothing faded or even a sign of being used. Little bit more pointy edges now but thats not anything to think about.
my buddy blew his spyder gears about after 1/2 gallon or so, ring and pinion were fine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Losi Active Diff? J-Dub 5 2,716 01-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,311 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,757 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 5,898 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  R/C diff info set up guide Obsessive R/C 15 10,489 03-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Opliko
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,803 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 6,798 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Quick Revo Diff question stratcat 12 2,905 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Revo? Whitey04 33 5,878 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
  vantage one-way axle for 3.3 revo Meatwad 5 2,086 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM