Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revo Engine
Hi all,

My revo seems to dieing alot. I have about a 1.5 gallons through it. Admittedly im a inexperianced tuner but i have read some on the subject and and the truck ran great for about the first gallon. Ive been told that the Trx 2.5 is a 2 gallon engine?.. Also can i use any T Maxx motor as a replacement?

Thank in advance, Matt
does it die and then you can start it again? Or you can't start it lately? Does it happen lately, such as after the weather is getting colder? If so, it is about your tuning. Anybody else has any comment?
Keep in mind, the engine tune is picky with the weather changes. When the temps drop, the air becomes more dense, and you will be too lean. to combat this, as it gets cooler out, you will need to richen your mixture. The humidity will greatly affect your tune as well. The best bet, is to re-set to the factory settings, and re-tune.

As for the 2.5 being a 2 gallon engine, that is not true. I know of a few people, who got 5 or more out of it. I was going on my 4th gallon when I sold mine, and still running STRONG.... anyone here can back me up on the way my 2.5 ran.

Take your time, be patient, and don't be affraid to ask for help. I'm sure there is LOTS of life left in your engine.
The motor starts n/p when hot..the problem was last night at leisure...seems its always harder for me too tune there since u cant hear the car.. :confused: but i tryed various setting and i do tune my car daily with good results up until last night..actually it started happening at leisure wens then i got the car running preety good in my yard thurs afternoon and was dying alot thursday night...I will have to try from scratch in my yard but im suspicious that it loosing compression when hot.
ATA - If we can meet up at Leisure some time, I can put my
compression guage on it but I would put my money on a
tuning problem. It's really amazing how subtle differences
in weather can effect the tune. It's quite frustrating at times.

I'll be at Leisure on Saturday and probably at least one of
the nights next week if you want to do the compression test.

TRC
Ya id like that. What time do u think u will be getting there on saturday? i would like to race sat night if i can get my truck running right.
Thrash, if you tune your truck in your yard at let's say 4pm, then run it at Leisure at 8pm, it will need to be re-tuned (most of the time). The temp ouside would have dropped at least 10 degrees causing you to have to richen the HSN.

Basically if your truck is running real good and fast, yet it cuts off alot, it's too lean and overheating. Plus when I was there last night I was saying to myself that your truck looked to lean. I think if you turn your HSN back (richen it) about 1/2 turn would be a good starting point (yes a full 1/2 turn, don't be scared to turn the needles, you can always turn them back to where they were). If it's too rich after the 1/2 turn back then slowly start leaning it again.

There is two main reasons for a truck to cut off during use. it's either too lean and overheating or not getting enough fuel in the motor to stay running, or, it's too rich and dumping too much fuel in the motor and putting the fire out.

Looking at your truck last night, it was fast and I'm suspecting it was too lean.
ok just ran 2 tanks through it, the second tank i ran with out it dieing. It did want to be richend up. Although last night i tried rich and lean settings i think it was lean, then i may have went to rich and gotten the same symptom confusing the issue. :confused: but at least its running now. Smile
oh and guess what else i noticed when i was cleaning the truck...another broken control arm :eek: thats the second front lower, opposite side this time. Too many cartwheels last night i guess...hehe :p
Also you have to take into account that when you driving around the house usually you are not on the throttle and driving the engine neary as hard as at the track. with hard running usually you will need to richen it up a bit.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
I'm all over the throttle at home. I also do 35mph for longer distances so it cools it off alot better. At the track you have a heavy throttle finger, plus not very much wind at all to cool it off.
time to get some RPM arms for that thing. Which truck were you last night?
do-u-maxx he has a revo not maxx. RPM doesnt have any revo parts yet and they said that they might not even make any.
RPM will take a BIG hit, if they don't start making aftermarket arms for all the big trucks. Some trucks like the LST, and MGT are heavy enough as is, Aluminum parts will only make it worse. At least the RPM's keep the weight close, and take a LOT of abuse.
dah, title says "Revo Engine". my bad.
Good points guys , I think I definatly need to run it richer at the track than at home. The engine is just harder to find that tuning sweet spot now that its broken in. first gallon it ran just about at any setting n/p. From now on im just gonna try starting way rich and lean it out until it runs reliable. Anyway.... wife's b-day this weekend so no racing for me tonight... Sad
I just got back from there and it was closed. (I got there at 7:15pm).

I guess they had no racing tonight.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Well Thats a sh@*ty drive for nothin!!!!!
Luckily Tex is VERY close to Leisure... (at least a lot closer than most of us)

I thought about running out there around 6:30 too. I guess it's a good thing I didn't.
Last time i decided to take the long trip to leisure hr. It took me over 2 1/2 hrs to get there and and back to aurora. Needless to say after that trip in the rain with all the traffic no matter what way you went i had a tiny case of road rage!!!!! The F bombs were droppin just like they were durning shock and awe baby!!!!!!!
I live 10 minutes from Leisure, no biggie.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
well i guess i didnt miss anything....its about 1/2 hour with no traffic for me to leisure so i would been kinda pissed if i went.... :eek:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,306 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  Batteries for stock e revo ricketki 4 5,748 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Tower hobbies is giving away Platnium REVO's! Whoo Hoo! team3six 20 5,886 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Toughtrax
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,731 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Would a 5HP engine fit in my buggy LMAO Rawkfist_02 23 4,915 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 6,777 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Best engine for IGT? slaytanic 8 2,433 09-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Last Post: slaytanic
  Engine Sealing...:| J-Dub 20 3,689 08-29-2007, 06:08 PM
  Quick Revo Diff question stratcat 12 2,892 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Revo? Whitey04 33 5,846 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM