Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another New Truggy TTR ST-1
Product No. TTR6233-F MSRP: $1099.99

The Thunder Tiger ST-1 is intended for racing and has been designed to be a pure competition truck with ultra-wide suspension arms, low center of gravity, and super sturdy chassis for excellent handling characteristics.

Specification:
Length: 485mm
Width: 380mm+/-5mm
Height: 182mm
Wheelbase: 349mm ~ 365mm
FR/RR Track: 335mm ~ 345mm/340mm
Weight: 3920g
Ground Clearance: 48mm

The ST-1 comes with a race proven extra-long anodized aluminum chassis for added durability, super strong composite arms, and adjustable pivot balls. Both front and rear sway bars are also standard. An oversized 150cc fuel tank will squeeze the fuel to the last drop to maximize your run time with the brand-new Thunder Tiger PRO-28BX-R engine already installed.

A 3mm thick Ti anodized aluminum parts give the truck the most distinctive look without compromising durability, and the lay-down style steering servo installation further lowers the center of gravity. All suspension geometry angles are adjustable, including front and rear toe-in, camber, and caster. With no need to purchase optional hub carriers to tune the geometry. The reliable and convenient pillow ball system and various interchangeable squat blocks solve the problem at once. The ST-1 comes with high-quality CV drive shafts and bearings to enable you to have the smoothest action but sharp acceleration. Besides these standard features, the optional two-speed transmission is a must.

Features
Powerful 4.60cc PRO-28BX-R pull start engine with two needle slide carburetor
TI-color anodized radio tray and steering brace
Extra long and rigid suspension arms provide superior handling and better cornering ability
3 sets of durable gear differentials
8 spoke chrome wheels & race ready high grip tires
Lowest C.G. provides stable handling and resists rollovers
Fully equipped C.V. driveshafts, front, rear and center
Enclosed radio box enables to install 5AA size batteries
150cc large capacity fuel tank with large fuel splash guard
4 machined aluminum oil-filled shocks with 3.5mm shafts, 8 shocks maximum possible
Tuned pillow ball front suspension system for ease of camber tuning
Variable toe & squat blocks equipped
Aluminum tuned pipe & header
High torque 8.Kg metal gear steering & throttle/brake servo included
Full set of ball bearings to keep drivetrain components spinning freely
Composite 3-shoe clutch
Dual oil-resistant fiber disc brakes
3.5mm front/rear say bar included
17mm hex drives fit Pro-Line 40 series tires
Optional 2-speed tranny upgrades for maximum top speed

Accessories Needed
Engine - Glow Fuel (20%)

Radio Gear - Receiver pack and wall adapter
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
Maybe someone can post a picture, I couldn't resize it for upload. The interesting part is the optional two-speed trans.
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
Matt Gosch drove it and didnt like it... Not saying that makes it a bad truck by any means but alotta TTR/ thunder tiger guys recently jumped ship from ther buggies
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
He drove a prototype, the new one is different in many ways.
[Image: 6233-6web.jpg]
[Image: 6233-7web.jpg]
[Image: 6233-8web.jpg]
[Image: 19a938a3ea.jpg]
Pretty cool looking body.

What size are those wheels and tires, they dont look maxx size. Does it require its own type of wheels and tires? The description in the first post says 40 series tires...
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Maybe it's me... but it just looks cheap...
I like the body and wheels
I'm with roc and Geo, the body is tight!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
whats cool is you can mount 8 shocks on it. But i agree with junkie to an extent. Looks pretty cheap but comming from a company that came out with a really good buggy i would have to say its probly not junk
I'd be interested in the reviews. I like the pivot ball suspension, the body looks great, and the tires too. I like the transponder mount, sway bars, and the optional 2 speed tranny is going to be great for LH outdoors! This might be a winner gentlemen...
is it a 2-speed center diff or do you have to sacrifice the center diff for the 2-speed? I would rather have a center diff than a two speed anyday for racing
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:Maybe it's me... but it just looks cheap...

Its you, TTR makes a solid buggy. My S3 took a beating like no other. Its ten times stronger than a LSP and the parts are VERY cost friendly. The S3 didnt pan out to be the perfect buggy(cause of the chassis), but this may be the perfect truggy. That is the same motor as the new MGT 4.60 and it runs perfect. TTR will have different size wheels to accomadate different tires. They are going to make a wheel to fit a 40 series on it. The 17mm is the same as a buggies, this makes it super strong to hold up to the leverages given off by all MT rims. They are also goint o make different offset rims to widen the ST-1 more. This is an excellent tuning option. you can also slide the rear hubs back or forward for more tuning options. The 2-speed is a bonus, but I wouldnt use it on a track.

Kyosho will have its truggy out by the end of the year also.
HPI's new "Nubz" rims/tires should be a perfect fit!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
My goal is to acquire the new HELLFIRE from HPI. ITs just simply wicked in my mind. But is it a truggy or a monster truck?
a truggy...
It does look cheap in a way. Picture #1 sure does, but it's still way over priced. For $1,000, I would still go w/ the Hellfire. It should come with atleast 50% of carbon fiber parts.
________
WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA
The high price is retail, you will never pay that... It will probably be in the 700.00 range
Hopfully it wont be that high.
I went that high because of the engine I thought they may soak the consumer because if it. But only time will tell.
The kit will be alot cheaper, i know it will be tuff as a coffin nail though. Which ever way guys are going to buy it.
well put joe....no offense that kyosho truggy is gonna need alot to be race ready. It looks liek an RTR inferno with the chassis and all. It doesnt look liek they took the truggy thing seriously, but hell im sure it will be fast.

The guys are loving the new St-1, not the one matt gosch ran.
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jammin CRT.5 Minni Truggy? Agd123 5 2,627 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,799 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,499 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
  $300 rtr truggy for the beginners. DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 2,131 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Possible AE truggy? Evil3 94 11,075 08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
  Which tires for Truggy outdoor? motoxer4life 23 4,786 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  What truggy as a basher? motoxer4life 198 26,841 07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  The 8 Truggy's R Out, SLOW REVO 125 15,065 03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  decent entry level truggy AddictedtoNITRO 55 7,677 02-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  ofna orange/yellow molded truggy foams pwnzor 16 2,622 02-04-2007, 04:20 PM