Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirtdawgs 2009 Season Info
jhautz Wrote:Hey guys. Just wanted to post up some info on the 2009 DirtDawgs Club schedule and track info.

The track is located at:
0N278 Schneider Rd. Elburn IL, 60119

We will be racing a 12 race points series this summer for club members. Non-members are very welcome to come out and race with us so feel free to come on out to any of the race dates this summer. Here is a link to the 2009 club schedule.

We are planning to kick the season off this comming weekend (Sunday 4/26). The track has been reworked this spring and has been much improved over last year. The layout was modified and some additional elements added and some that did not work very well from the end of last season were changed or removed. Its in the best shape I've seen it in and the layout is very fast and flowing. We are looking forward to a great season of some fun competitive racing!!

The primary classes that are run are 1/8 buggy, 1/8 truggy, Monster Truck and Stock Slash, but we will run any class that shows up with at least 4 or 5 entries so if you have something you want to run bring it out and tell your friends to bring them out too!

Race fees for the first class are $15 for non-members and $10 for members. Each additional class after the first one is only $5 so racing more than one class is pretty low cost.

The typical race day schedule is: the track "opens" at 8am and racing starts at 10am but check the forums at Dirtdawgsrc.com If in the unlikely event the schedule changes it will be posted there.

There is also alot more info at Dirtdawgsrc.com . Check out the Club Information page there for club details, rules, membership info and the 2009 race schedule. Also the club forum is there where you can check out the latest club news and discussion. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there this year and a great season of racing!!

Dont forget, the seaon is scheduled to start this weekend 4/26 weather permiting.

Track photos of the layout for this spring:

Panoramic shot from the drivers stand:
[Image: DDTrack04-11-09.jpg]

Larger pictures that were used to make up the panoramic shot for a little more detail:
[Image: IMG_0153.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0154.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0155.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0155.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0156.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0157.jpg]

Panoramic shot from standing on the hill at the very back left corner of the track.
[Image: DDTrackView204-11-09.jpg]

copied and pasted from rctech
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Barking at the door but no one is home?

Kinda weird, like tumbleweeds rolling around when you pull up to the place that used to have crowds of folks all over last time you were there.

What happened here, no one is home anymore.
that was track rebuild day and not many people showed up
chicagokenji Wrote:Barking at the door but no one is home?

Kinda weird, like tumbleweeds rolling around when you pull up to the place that used to have crowds of folks all over last time you were there.

What are you talking about? It seems loke your always trying to put a bad taste in peoples mouth about our club.

We had a nice turn out for our track rebuild day. No test and tune do to weather, but our 1st race had a good turn out and the track was great! So why you continue to try and make it look like our club is not around or running is beyond me. Its a great place to race and meet good people. ITS NOT LEISURE HOURS but its a hell of a track for people that want to have fun and just race.

Mike Burlack.
And Kenji....when were you out there? Did you come out to the race we had and is that what your basing your comments off of? This race was supposed to be canceled do to weather, and we still had a decent showing. Just trying to figure out who you are because you seem to be everywhere, and NEVER have anything nice to say about our club.
Seriously... :confused: Not sure what the problem is or why comments like that are necessary. Had a great time racing out there Sunday. Everything ran smooth and I know that everyone that came out had a great time. Nothing but good feedback. The track was fantastic Sunday and very fast. With all of the rain last week we were afraid the track might still be a muddy mess, but it dried up just in time and with some quick race morning maintenance to address the last few wet spots it was good to go.

I would encourage anyone that wants to have some fun racing to come on out for the next race day on 5/31.

BTW: Not a single tumbleweed that I saw. For a guy that touts himself as a promoter of the racing scene you sure do seem to like discouraging folks from participating. If you'd like to come out and join us and get some first hand knowledge of the club we would love to have you. Then you could speak from experience rather than speculation.
[COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]Silent... But Deadly[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]I had a great time racing on Sunday also, and I did not have to drive 3 hours to get there. 9 buggies in the A-main, is plenty for me to have fun and competition. I have never seen it written anywhere, that a Off Road RC "Club" is required maintain a Professional race atmosphere at all times. For life of me I can't imagine why someone would even take the time to make a negative forums post like that?

If you don't like our Club or all Clubs for that matter, don't join.

myke[/SIZE]
Mugen MBX6 powered by the Ninja JX21
http://www.dirtdawgsrc.com
http://hit-da-pipe.com
It is better to be a Demonic then a Trivial person
Hi, DirtDawgs.

I like your track. I am still finishing my track, so I like to see your photos, too. I give you 100% credit for taking action.

Just an odd question: Have you ever seen anyone fill the areas between the pipes with (free) wood chips just to add visual contrast and keep mud off the marshall's feet and maybe keep weeds down slightly?
myke Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I had a great time racing on Sunday also, and I did not have to drive 3 hours to get there. 9 buggies in the A-main, is plenty for me to have fun and competition. I have never seen it written anywhere, that a Off Road RC "Club" is required maintain a Professional race atmosphere at all times. For life of me I can't imagine why someone would even take the time to make a negative forums post like that?

If you don't like our Club or all Clubs for that matter, don't join.

myke[/SIZE]

Myke,

Your icon looks familiar -- is it from a UNIX brand?
Bob-
Yes i have seen that.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
The only downside to wood chips might be when it comes time to change the track configuration it will be tough to get those wood chips up and not just mix them in the dirt. I have seen that green astroturf stuff used as well. Seems like it might be a bit easier to move when you want to, but not sure what the cost would be.
Astroturf Is good for electric racing. Nitro cars will wrap it up in their wheels if they run over it. I stopping using it. I now paint the infield. I think the astro turf was like 19 cents a foot
I tried painting lines on my dirt with one of those paint can in an upside-down holder, and it partly just blew around the dirt, so I'm not sure that kind of dirt (sandy) could use paint well.

I know wood chips can be free, and was thinking they could just be scraped to the side for a track rebuild. I was looking at those pictures of the Lake-in-the-hills track, and it looked like they might be using mulch in the unused areas.
We use mulch after a rain so we can race again. spread on track and you can race almost with in minutes after your done. down side is it sometimes gets stuck in your car.
bubbacola Wrote:We use mulch after a rain so we can race again. spread on track and you can race almost with in minutes after your done. down side is it sometimes gets stuck in your car.

No kidding. I didn't know you used it like that. Do you sweep it back to a pile later or just let it get kicked around and blow away?
BobWoodhouse Wrote:Myke,

Your icon looks familiar -- is it from a UNIX brand?

Yes it is the logo from a unix Operating System called FreeBSD, I play with computers as one of my many hobby's. I was just getting ready to change it anyway, old and busted is a drag...

Thanks for the kind words about our club and track, I see from your posts you recognize the amount of time and effort that goes into this hobby, just to have fun on Sundays.

myke
Mugen MBX6 powered by the Ninja JX21
http://www.dirtdawgsrc.com
http://hit-da-pipe.com
It is better to be a Demonic then a Trivial person
myke Wrote:Yes it is the logo from a unix Operating System called FreeBSD, I play with computers as one of my many hobby's. I was just getting ready to change it anyway, old and busted is a drag...

Thanks for the kind words about our club and track, I see from your posts you recognize the amount of time and effort that goes into this hobby, just to have fun on Sundays.

myke

I often see freeBSD inside of vxWorks when I work inside of that. Just got the MacBook with OS-10, too. Love that.

I thought my track build was a lot of work, but yours looks even bigger, so I can guess the effort that went into it. Kind of like the rockpile track.
Yes Bob. It drys the track quick and when the cars start running again it blow the chips to the side. Saturday for our race it rain the night before. I had puddles. spead chips Started practice at 9 it was dry by noon.
bubbacola Wrote:Yes Bob. It drys the track quick and when the cars start running again it blow the chips to the side. Saturday for our race it rain the night before. I had puddles. spead chips Started practice at 9 it was dry by noon.

Thanks bubbacola. I had a nice muck area on Saturday that didn't get evaporated until mid-Sunday after lots of raking.
bubbacola Wrote:Astroturf Is good for electric racing. Nitro cars will wrap it up in their wheels if they run over it. I stopping using it. I now paint the infield. I think the astro turf was like 19 cents a foot

bubbacola Wrote:We use mulch after a rain so we can race again. spread on track and you can race almost with in minutes after your done. down side is it sometimes gets stuck in your car.

Great info. Thanks Bernie!
jhautz Wrote:Great info. Thanks Bernie!

I wish Bernie did traveling consulting work!!!
MBX5TMAD Wrote:What are you talking about? It seems loke your always trying to put a bad taste in peoples mouth about our club.

Just checked back here now.

Ummm, You guys are taking my post from 4/29 out of context. My post was about this chitown forum and the lack of people posting not your racing venue or racing program. You guys take the time to take nice photos and make a post to attract racers and it the post languishes for 9 days without a reply. Lack of a reply to a post on this forum was what I made my post about.

Whoa.
MBX5TMAD Wrote:And Kenji....when were you out there? Did you come out to the race we had and is that what your basing your comments off of? This race was supposed to be canceled do to weather, and we still had a decent showing. Just trying to figure out who you are because you seem to be everywhere, and NEVER have anything nice to say about our club.

I didn't make any comments about Dirt Dawgs club members, their track or their program. Read my comment above.

In terms of me saying anything nice about DD's.....I've also never said anything negative about DD's. I can't because I know very little. Other than what I hear from people who show up at our programs that have raced with you guys in the past. That and you guys have had a few "outings" as a group to Leisure's new facility and also did it back in Crest Hill as a group. I have no first hand experience. From what I've known thru these past years you guys are a group of racers who formed a club and have had a few tracks the DD Members manage and race at. From what I know the racing program wasn't setup like the other racing venues in the area that want everyone and anyone to show up. The DD's seems more insular and "private" and want to cater to their members first and if a member wants to bring a "guest" that's cool too. If I'm wrong let me know, but that's been my perception for years now. Looks like you guys have put alot of effort into your track layout.
BobWoodhouse Wrote:I wish Bernie did traveling consulting work!!!

Ask him what he'd charge to come out and give advice. The worst than can happen is he'd say no.

Cash is king.
Yeah ive read all these posts in question and how can you say you were taking about this site???
chicagokenji Wrote:Barking at the door but no one is home?

You dont pull up too a web site... You pull up too a track.... Just admit it, you were jagging them.

All im saying is, IF you were speaking of the lack of interst here on the website you worded it in a way that could confuse people very easily.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Midwest Nitro Series 2012 Season GWPHOENIX 3 4,975 03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  Outback RC 2009 BobWoodhouse 45 13,590 07-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  2009 points series at Outback RC Raceway BobWoodhouse 0 2,198 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  Easter Sunday 2009 Chicago Racing chicagokenji 0 1,778 04-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  SLASH Endurance Race Saturday June 20 2009 - St. Charles IL chicagokenji 0 2,422 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Midwestnitro Series 2009 GWPHOENIX 2 7,823 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  2009 Illinois State Pro Series 2.0 Edition Casketman 6 5,997 01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Last Post: badmojo
  Dirtdawgs Rc Money Race oct. 19 cheesecake 24 5,730 10-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Last Post: cheesecake
  R/C diff info set up guide Obsessive R/C 15 10,460 03-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Opliko
  Last Race of the Season at RCR! hansarvin 2 1,195 10-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Last Post: hansarvin