Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outback RC 2009
Old thread: http://www.chitownrc.com/racers-forum/90...008-a.html

It is 2009. The outback is anticipating:
Hopefully more water-retentive dirt (via sawdust mix)
More air and longer drive line
2009 RC Pro NCCS series RCSignup.com
And an actual schedule and class structure:

I am encouraging 1/10th:
Rookie
2WD open
4WD open
2WD truck open
Spec Slash

Please review the outline for the schedule below and let me know if I am overlooking any opportunities or conflicts:
[schedule now on web site and not duplicated here, to avoid mismatch.]
Hey Bob:
Settle down a bit. A little less coffee? Just kidding. Great to see you so interested so early. An update--may be getting rid of the Nitro Buggy. Having to many problems with the clutch. Probably the motor bearings are the problem, not sure, just don't want to put any more money into the leaking boat.
TT Ducati 999R Nitro MotorcycleSmile
Kyosho Inferno GT "Ferrari"Big Grin
1/16 Kyosho Inferno 09 (half eight):eek:
1/10 Associated SCT (short course truck)Big Grin
2002 Corvette Convertible (silver of course)Rolleyes
Hi, Gerald. Seems like spring is just around the corner. I hope you are dropping by.

I hope the RC Pro NCCS series works out well for folks. It sounds neat to me, and I am not particularly a SLASH follower, yet.

[added note] Gerald, I can drink more coffee now -- I just scored a porta-john for the track at the kind of price I like!!!
The 2009 schedule is now set in dirt. No longer preliminary.

It can be seen on the main web-page. Hope to see you then.
hey bob whats the main webpage
Hi im johnny knoxville and welcome to jackass
Sorry, Chris. It is OutBack R/C: Fun with Dirt and Style.

I don't know where that "Fun with Dirt and Style" comes from, but just click the link or type in www-dot-outbackrc-dot-com.

Happy Racing!

[edit, added the schedule]

Doors open at 10:00 AM
Races start at 1:00 PM
Sunday Event
10 May Warm up day: open house, timed practice
17 May RC Pro NCCS Club Race 1
24 May Closed - Memorial Day Weekend
31 May Club Race

7 Jun Untimed open practice
14 Jun RC Pro NCCS Club Race 2
21 Jun Untimed open practice
28 Jun Club Race

5 Jul Closed - July 4th weekend
12 Jul RC Pro NCCS Club Race 3
19 Jul Untimed open practice
26 Jul Club Race

2 Aug Untimed open practice
9 Aug RC Pro NCCS Club Race 4
16 Aug Closed
23 Aug Club Race
30 Aug Untimed open practice

6 Sep Closed Labor Day Weekend
13 Sep RC Pro NCCS Club Race 5
20 Sep Untimed open practice
27 Sep Club Race

4 Oct Untimed open practice
11 Oct RC Pro NCCS Club Race 6
18 Oct Untimed open practice
25 Oct Club Race

1 Nov Closed for season
I have been fiddling with the basic 2009 layout and have found a plan I really like. It is attached. The squares are meant to be 10' by 10'. The run line is 480 feet, which should be a 30 second lap at a typical average lap speed of 11 mph. The infield has a 5-hump rythm section followed by the "big jump" leg, then quite a sweeping back "straight", then the wagon wheel. Let me know of any suggestions before we break dirt in April.

Attached Files
.jpg   track2009a.JPG (Size: 89.22 KB / Downloads: 21)
I have a suggestion--Nitro buggies! Sorry Bob, had to do it. Some day I'll stop the ribbing.
RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes
Gerald, Gerald, GeraldRolleyes. I am guessing/hoping that ExtremeRC, on the east side of town (Marengo), will be open for running nitro again this summer. They have a pretty nice piece of dirt. Hey, it's nice to hear what people want to race, so no problem.
Yes, I ran there once last year. Nice place and hopefully they will be open again this year. I sent you a message regarding banners. Later.
bob. the layout looks good. as for the rough you have posted on the back straight. you should look at making the rough stuff in the short straight before the longer staringht just to give evryone and opportunity ti open it up.
Chris,

OK. I was being tricky. The trick to that area was to kind of go a bit wide or in the middle of the lane straight into the rough, then make a hard 45 and blast through the rough going straight forward; rather than trying to drive a curve through the rough. There was a track in Kalamazoo, MI in about 1993 (which may or may not be where battlefront is) that had such a sweeping entrance to the back straight, and I figured it out and even beat Mr. Swanson, Lebak, and Troubaugh that day, partly due to figuring out that area. Whatcha think? If I had the rough as just a short shoot, I was thinking that could be a washboard after you are out of the back sweeper and heading down the page towards the wagon wheel.

I also traced out the track in the snow yesterday with my feet, then stood on the stand to look it over. I think the back straight might be better if it is slightly banked for a better view to the driver's stand. I also think that the end of the back straight is maybe a little trickier than I thought, as a lot of newbies might not perceive the last bend in the sweeper, where it starts to head straight to the left, so there may be some going wide. I want to keep that sweeper a little wider-laned and at a gentle bend to help avoid pile-ups off the starting grid on the back straight. We'll see how it goes. I love the feedback.

[added]: Maybe it would be more of a blast if the whole back sweeper was just fairly simple and slightly banked. It could be fun just to ride the sweeper. Lets maybe put the rough in the south-going chute after the sweeper is all done.
if you have the rough section coming in the short chute before the straight it may also cut down on top speed which will in turn help cut down on issues related with too much speed into the sweeper. im all for it and i already told mike z that we are gonna take a ride up for sure this summer.
Maybe some washboard (oh, crap -- I have a xxx-4) right there would be a good idea. At least I did not plan to put an imperceptable downslope at the end of the sweeper-straight

I can't wait to see you all. The most rewarding parts of the track is to have people racing on it.
just hold it punched in the washboard and stock up on parts.
Here is some of the prep for the 2009 outdoor season.

The track will be growing more outwards and more upwards.

The views in the pictures are from the drivers stand, looking out 90 feet away to the outer edge of the back sweeper, which is marked out at 12 feet wide.

Racing is not too far off, so be ready.

Attached Files
.jpg   track left.jpg (Size: 77.5 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   track right.jpg (Size: 77 KB / Downloads: 17)
Here's a minor update:

Attached Files
.jpg   image003.jpg (Size: 92.27 KB / Downloads: 15)
I would like to thank Scott Cramer, Team Manager of Team Hobbico, for sending a nice batch of racing banners to help liven up the track this season!
Bob:
When the weather warms or eventually the threat of rain stops, I can bring your banner for the camper out to you.

P.S. Do you own a chain saw? You may figure out where I'm going with this one!
I would like to also thank Gerald for creating an Outback custom banner for the track. It is very generous and greatly appreciated.

I do have a chainsaw, an electric one. Ha, just kidding.
Well there goes my angle! Am I missing any other 2 stroke lawn and garden articles? Can't give up trying. How loud is your lawn tractor/mower?
How's about that snow blower? You may need it this weekend!
GeraldRisch Wrote:Well there goes my angle! Am I missing any other 2 stroke lawn and garden articles? Can't give up trying. How loud is your lawn tractor/mower?
How's about that snow blower? You may need it this weekend!

I just got back from the auction at the Boone County fairgrounds, Brrr! It is kind of sleeting here. No slow-blower needed yet. I did nab a tool shed for $35, so it felt kind of worth it
Hi there.

The Slash series races at the outback are filling up now. At last count, there were 8. See the first race's entries and join in:

RCSignup.com

Of course, there will be the other normal classes those days, too.
FYI, There are now "11" pre-registered Slash racers for our first rcPro Slash points series:
http://tracks.rcsignup.com/tracks/di...D=644&CID=2867
BobWoodhouse Wrote:FYI, There are now "11" pre-registered Slash racers for our first rcPro Slash points series:
http://tracks.rcsignup.com/tracks/di...D=644&CID=2867

Bum link Bob. When I click on your posted URL I see this:

"Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at rcsignup.com"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sept 27, SCT Showdown at Outback RC BobWoodhouse 0 2,202 08-18-2009, 06:39 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  2009 points series at Outback RC Raceway BobWoodhouse 0 2,198 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
  Dirtdawgs 2009 Season Info cheesecake 40 10,567 05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Last Post: ATA_Thrash
  Easter Sunday 2009 Chicago Racing chicagokenji 0 1,779 04-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  SLASH Endurance Race Saturday June 20 2009 - St. Charles IL chicagokenji 0 2,422 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Midwestnitro Series 2009 GWPHOENIX 2 7,826 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  2009 Illinois State Pro Series 2.0 Edition Casketman 6 5,999 01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Last Post: badmojo
  Outback RC, 2008 BobWoodhouse 13 4,549 12-21-2008, 02:06 PM