Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Illinois State Pro Series 2.0 Edition
2009 Illinois State Pro Series 2.0 Edition

Last year I heard that club racing was suffering due to the "Big" races scheduled throughout the Midwest. In an effort to help build up the club racing scene and cut travel expense for the racers, Illinois State Pro Series will change it's series format. The new format is modeled after the Motocross Amateur Nationals (Loretta Lynn's).

The new format will consist of 3levels of racing, Club Level, Area Level, and State Championship. A racer will accrue points through all 3 levels according to their performance.

Club Level Racing

Each participating track will hold 3 club level races. Each track will run these races on their REGULAR club racing day; Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The dates are the weekends of June 13th, 20th and 27th. Yes it is 3 weeks in a row, but these races are at your local track.

Points will be structured on a 100 point basis for the club level races. The points are awarded starting at 100 for the winner and counting down by 2 with a bonus of 2 points for the top qualifier. 1st = 100, 2nd = 98, 3rd = 96, and so forth.

A racer may run as many club level races as they wishes. It will be possible to race Friday, Saturday and Sunday in one weekend in the series. A racer's points from only 2 club level races will count toward the state championship. It will no matter which tracks their points originate from. Championship points may actually come from 2 different tracks.

Awards for the club level races will be left up to each track. I have recommended awarding the same prizes that normally comes with their REGULAR club race.

Each track will set will set their own entry fee.

Each track will run a normal club race format; number of qualifiers, length of mains and so forth. A track may combine classes as needed, but each class will accrue championship points separately. For example, Sportsman 1.8 may be combined with Expert 1.8. In this case, I will award 1st in both classes, 2nd in both and so forth. It will be up to the competitor to make sure the track has you identified correctly in your classes. I recommend a "S" for sportsman, "E" for expert or "MT" for monster truck behind your name at time of entry for class identification. Trucks will run with trucks and buggies will run with buggies. Official classes are Monster Truck; Expert and Sportsman Arena Trucks; and Sportsman and Expert 1.8 Scale.

Area Qualifiers

There will be 2 Area Qualifiers, one in the north and one in the south. These races will be on the same day, Saturday, August 8th. The format at this level will be the same as a state qualifier in 2008. The same point values will also be used.

The only classes that may be combined at this level is Monster Truck with Sportsman Arena Truck. This is only in a have to situation as determined by the race director.

This level of racing will be 3 rocket rounds of qualifying and mains as follows: Expert classes A 30 min, B 20 min and C 10 min; all other classes will be A 25 min, B 15 min, C 10 min. The race director may shorten these races with good reason.

A racer will accrue points from this race and those points will be added to the Club Level point total. This total will be a racer's point total going into the state championship race.

State Championship

The Illinois State Championship race is tentatively scheduled to be held at the

DuQuion State Fair, DURING the fair. There is no contract in place as of yet. I will not be able to get that contracted until the 1st quarter of 2009. There is a "B" plan in place already. The date for the championship race is August 29th and 30th.

New for this year, The State Championship race will be 2 days. Friday practice is still unclear at this point. This race will follow a RC Pro Series divisional format; 4 rounds of qualifying and qual points on Saturday, Mains on Sunday. Points will be 1.5 times the Area Qualifier point value.

I would like to get finished racing early enough each day for everyone to be able to visit the fair. I would like to see everyone family to this event.

Entry fees will increase for this event to $35 for 1st entry and $25 for each additional entry. Additional cost of a 2 day event and a closer alignment with the other state series are the reasons for this increase.

All racers are eligible to compete at any level. You do not have to race a Club Level to race at the Area Level and likewise for the State Championship race.

Announcment of the participating track is soon to come. I must get some agreements in place before I can announce this information. Contact your home track to see if they are participating in the 2009 Illinois State RC Pro Series 2.0 Edition.

I know there are some questions that I have not addressed. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected] or call me at 618-529-2000 after 5 pm please.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
so gay.... so much for rc pro.....
FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT GRAPHICS, MUGEN SEIKI USA, BYRONS RACE FUELS, COMPETITION PRODUCTS
Fastlane GraphiX Wrote:so gay.... so much for rc pro.....

What's the gay part?
well there is a big difference in competition depending on what track you run, so how is it fare that a guy can race somewhere where there is 5 buggys and get fifth, or go race another place and there is 30 of them.
FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT GRAPHICS, MUGEN SEIKI USA, BYRONS RACE FUELS, COMPETITION PRODUCTS
i want to go to the track with 5 racers maybe i could tq Confusedmash:
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
I think in the end everything will work out to how they would finish if the setup was not like this. Granted,alittle closer then normal but with the Qual race at only 2 tracks,one north and one south. And the Finals being the normal 1.5 points like always. It might put some pressure on those who are normally in the top 5 or so to do well but I dont see all that big of a change.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
I think it will stop some of you sandbaggers from hanging around in the wrong class for to long, because you think its easier Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Midwest Nitro Series 2012 Season GWPHOENIX 3 4,976 03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  Outback RC 2009 BobWoodhouse 45 13,591 07-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  2009 points series at Outback RC Raceway BobWoodhouse 0 2,198 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
  Dirtdawgs 2009 Season Info cheesecake 40 10,565 05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Last Post: ATA_Thrash
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,979 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Easter Sunday 2009 Chicago Racing chicagokenji 0 1,779 04-09-2009, 06:48 AM
  SLASH Endurance Race Saturday June 20 2009 - St. Charles IL chicagokenji 0 2,422 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
  Midwestnitro Series 2009 GWPHOENIX 2 7,826 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  National Championship Series Casketman 3 16,572 02-12-2009, 09:01 AM
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,307 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX