Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better motor mount for Mayhem?
I was curious if there is a better motor mount for my Mayhem. Mine moved over the weekend and I lost all mesh. Last night I tore it apart and I guess it just got loose.

It's not the best engineered item on just a great buggy. I wonder if they make a one piece or something designed better?
Sportwerks just released an extended engine mount, which will cure any problems with Chassis flex. I was waiting for one to come in at the LHS before I traded the buggy to you. I will try to find a link to the part.
Is that this one?
That's the one...

According to Bernie, he runs that mount on his Mayhem, and it works great. No more issues with Chassis flex, causing the mesh to go bad.
They look pretty long
Nice looking mount. Looks very similar to the one I run on the XB8
They are longer, to extend past the Flywheel and clutchbell giving more chassis support.
Is the way it mounts to the engine any different? I didn't think the whole sliding nut thing was such a good idea. It looks like you have to drill new holes in the chassis?
The engine bolts dirrectly to the mount (no sliding nut). On the extended part of the mount, there is a hole on each arm at the front. Bernie only drilled the hole in the chassis for the longer arm, and said this worked great for him.
Are there any other little issues one might want to address if buying a Mayhem? I ask cuz I'm really leaning towards getting a buggy and I think that's the one. I'd like to buy it off ebay and get all the hop-ups right of the bat. What should I get?
I think the Mayhem is pretty bullet proof. The motor mount did come loose on me but because the Mayhem uses a steel spur there was no damage.

It sure is much easier to work on than a maxx.
We've got one and I recently bought the new motor mounts. they work great.

Previous to having it I was tuning the buggy without a throttle return spring on or a fail-safe. The buggy got away from me at full throttle. Ran about 60 feet, on a parking lot, head on into a parking block.

the only damage was:

one broken upper arm front
bent the metal radio tray bracket
bent the chassis
bent the front vertical brace bar.

I took everything off the chassis and straightened the chassis out on the edge of a table, replaced the vertical brace. Runs like a champ still.

If you do a search on ebay using the keyword "mayhem", then just make the search go to Radio Control, you'll find a guy selling a long brace/handle for the mayhem. About 24 bucks. That's my next upgrade, prolly the only one I'll do to it. It will stop all flex at the point in the chassis where the flywheel comes thru.
Mark one up for having a fail safe Big Grin
why did it run away from you kenji? RX pack dead? That sucks man, it sounds like alot of damage to me. I guess if you can bend everything back its cool. :eek:
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GV Shark 4WD 1/10 - Powerfull motor installed but power lost in transmition system Antreas 1 3,461 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  motor liam 9 2,838 01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  What Motor? snoracer 42 7,608 01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Eddie F
  Best Motor, ESC, servo for on-road? mikeh 6 2,032 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  T4RS Motor Moves forward BobWoodhouse 4 1,652 03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  CrT rear body mount pwnzor 8 1,851 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Last Post: pwnzor
  Truggy Motor FreeRideFrosty 57 8,459 01-18-2007, 06:32 AM