Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Project: 1/8 Buggy *CAD Renderings*
Hello,

Last night I decided after seeing a few converted buggies I would give it a try. So first thing I did was look into electronics for it.

Lipoly's: (2) TrueRC's 4000mAh 11.1V 3S1P packs

Motor: Neu 1512/2D Brushless Motor.

Controller: Undecided.

My starting base vehicle is an Ofna 9.5. ALOT of these stock parts will be replace with others from other buggies or custom machined. I have already replaced the stock a-arms with those off of the Ofna CR. I have decided that I will CAD the whole vehicle to a very detailed point(that is why I have only gotten this much done in the rendering so far). I hope to get everything to their exact measurements so I know where exactly everything will work, and if needed where I can move around stuff to get it to work. My plans for the buggy is first for run time, and second for speed. I would still like to have a even amount of both. Is 65mph aiming too high? I put some numbers into the speed calculator here on the site and I was around 85MPH with all the gearing correct and everything. I just dont think when it comes down to it I will be near that. Still have alot of Rendering to do still.

*Note* Resizing them took away a little detail in the renderings

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 4-1.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]
My Favorite picture so far:
[Image: Rear1.jpg]
Man you are VERY talented
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
ya very good at designing and stuff.
Thanks Guys, I hope by the time that I get this thing into the final proto phase, the new Kyosho Big Bores will be available for it. Tonight I hope to get some "pins" put onto the tires to give it a more detailed look.
It looks like you moved the center diff very far back. How will the driveshaft angle be for the rear center shaft?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
ooo ya never thought about that.
Rwd Only?

Nice work dude.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
There shouldnt be an angle. It should be straight inline with the rear diff. I am having custom driveshafts made.

It will be AWD
Cool. I wasn't sure how high/off center the outdrives from the diff were/would be. But if it's a straight shot, cool.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
That is really cool. Keep us updated.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
yep.
Motorxer4life, please stop posting useless posts.

I was just looking around threw some scrap metal, and I realized that I have a large enough sheet of .100" thick titanium that will work for this design, so I am going to see if anyone around here can "Tiodize" the titanium chassis black.
ummmm when i said yep i meant this.
That is really cool. Keep us updated.
Crazy Phantom Wrote:Motorxer4life, please stop posting useless posts.

hahahahaha

looks like a good design, is the motor gonig to be dead centered like that?? if so sounds like that should be a good way to place it
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I know someone who used the 1512 motor, and a 5s lipo setup. VERY fast. But not 65mph, and 85mph would require more. I'd imagine that 55mph is well within the reach.

First, those big wheels that buggies use they aren't aerodynamic at all. The exposed suspension arms, etc...

Also, the AWD system with its 3 diffs creates parasitic loss. If top speed is your goal go for removing the front diff, and creating it as a RWD platform. A 2spd transmission from an OFNA Ultra GTP would go quite a ways towards your 65mph goal.

Buggies are better off than truggies or monster trucks when it comes to drag, but that big wing to keep them stable causes lots of drag. Its possible to eek another 5mph or so out of a buggy by removing the wing as long as its drag limited and not gearing limited.

My Jammin buggy clocked 53mph on a Sheriff's Stalker radar gun with a OS 30vg using 30% nitro and a 15t CB. This was in a small parking lot with about 150ft of running room. Not very much.

Using a GPS we clocked my 528xr powered LSP at 39.6mph using a 15t clutchbell. However, the engine was only temping 170* and I broke a hub (stupid freakin hubs) before I could tune it leaner.
Yes, it is in the center of the chassis widthwise, but it is not lengthwise. I did this because mainly I want an even balance upon each side, and also to give more traction to the rear.

Speed isant my only goal, I was just crunching in the numbers that I am using for this project into the speed calculator, and these were the speeds coming out of it. I mainly am a basher so a little speed is always fun while bashing.
If your not going with buggy shocks/towers maybe you could try and fit a 1/8 on-road body.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Probably going to be a buggy body or no body, I hardly use my bodies on my rc's anyways.
Dude that's crazy lookin, keep us up to date for sure, I wanna see it when it's done. VERY nice work man! Good luck with it!

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Hmm...looking at your design I should have figured this out sooner.

What are you doing for the placement of the steering servo, as well as Receiver and ESC? Your setup won't allow for that, perhaps on a truggy you could do it, but not on a buggy the chassis is too short.
The controller and receiver are to be placed ontop of the lipolys, this is why I built such large battery hold downs. The steering should be fine, and I am using a steering assembly off of a Team Xray Xb8 . I didnt want to extend the chassis at all, because I have a 15.5" long sheet of titanium that I want to use for the chassis, and the stock chassis is about 15.25" . I beleive it should all fit together nicely.
what are you plans for teh brakes on the car. if you are using the electric motor to do the braking then you will need a center spool as opposed to the diff if you lock up the spur at speed one end of teh car will "diff out" under heavy breaking. i have heard that the guys in michigan that are running teh el;ctric 1/8 are just using the trans and motor plates form an e maxx
Hi im johnny knoxville and welcome to jackass
looks good.
Losi Eight
Losi XXX-CR
Losi XXXT MF2
97 Honda Civic DX Smile
nice rendering man, however in the last render, the chassis seems to be backwards in realtion to the f&r tires. Great / creative design though man.

I use maxon c4d a lot, its a 3d modeling program, I mainly do abstract digital art.........c4d is a pretty powerful tool Wink
Autocad I used for the stage set / lighting rig / PA hangs for the last tour I was involved in, I'm a much bigger fan of WYSIWYG, its a little more intuitive, nice work man Wink
As far as the brakes, they will be from the BL motor. I will have to address the lock up problem(thanks for pointing it out).

How does the chassis seem to be backwards?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new buggy question SHYCAGO 33 6,855 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  New Buggy Soon J-Dub 29 6,258 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Would a 5HP engine fit in my buggy LMAO Rawkfist_02 23 4,912 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,159 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Setting up a clutch for 1/8th buggy Toughtrax 6 1,856 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  New buggy from SH Engines! slaytanic 26 3,954 10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Piktor Rush 2 8th scale buggy? Thirdgen89GTA 38 6,558 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  Blazer Buggy.CC01 that is.... Jeepguy 10 2,032 07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  My New buggy hansarvin 6 1,640 07-16-2007, 06:37 AM