Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont Bake Response Tires!!!
F.Y.I.!!!!

I was Using my standard process of takin tires off rims lastnight and about burn the Apartment down.... I usually bake tires at like 400 for 22 to 25 mins without any problems in the past ... Well since the response is such a soft tire ( didnt think of that before started) That at the 15 mark smoke was rolling outs my oven and setting off all the smoke detectors!!!
It smelt like an NHRA event in my apt. for the rest of the night... As for the responses... There ruined... They are now super soft and sticky... Black goo sticks to your hands when touch them. Nothing like ruinin 4 tires that still had like atleast 60% tread.
Oh well , Just thought id share..
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
That sucks. Why don't you just boil them? Boiling them allows you to just pull the tire off with minimal force. I've never tried the "oven method" as boiling always does the trick.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
ive done the oven method with a couple sets of response tires and its always worked out fine. Oven method is the best way if you ask me. Never had any problems and the tires were always unstuck before i took them out of the oven.
I have always boiled tires also. I don't trust the oven. Boiling cleans off any grease, has always worked fine and can't get above 212 deg. f.
A question, never having baked tires (have boiled). Why wouldn't you set your oven at more like 220 degrees, similar to boiling temp range? Heat is heat right?
yeah 400 sounded kinda high. I heard 350 for 10 minutes, turn the oven off and put the tires in while the oven is cooling.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I soak my stuff in acetone over night to remove used tires.
A tip I have heard, but haven't tried yet, is to get a 5 gallon bucket, put a brick in the bottom, then pour in acetone, below the level of the brick. put the tires on top of the brick, so they don't actually sit in the acetone, and cover the bucket. Let it sit overnite, and the fumes break down the CA. The good points about this method, is that the acetone NEVER touches the tire, so if your tires still have good tread, they will not be ruined by the acetone, and also, supposedly, chromed rims willnot lose their plating.
Snakebite's tip of the day.

If your trying to save some C-Compound tires, do not use acetone on them. "C" tires will get very hard and brittle using the acetone method.

Thank you for your time.
Hind sight being 20/20 400 + degrees was probaly way tooooo much but thats what ive done in the past to my zombie maxxs like 5 times and they were ok.... Ohhhhh Welll next time i think ill just turn the heat down to like 325
Just a suggestion Roc, wouldn't it be safer to start lower (250*) then go higher if need be, rather than Bake another set of tires to find out that 325 is still too hot? I personally would rather go through the process twice, than waste another set of tires. JMO Smile
Good point!!!! Advise taken. 250 it is
see what I enjoy most out of all this, is that Roc is a fireman! If anyone should know at what temp rubber melts, it should be him. But then again, I think Roc felt he needed a little pratice at putting out tire fires.
"It tastes like burning"
John78 Wrote:see what I enjoy most out of all this, is that Roc is a fireman! If anyone should know at what temp rubber melts, it should be him. But then again, I think Roc felt he needed a little pratice at putting out tire fires.

Man you should have seen the panic on my face when i opened the oven and the smoke rollled out like a basement fire!!! LOL!!! Im sure i looked like a classic cartoon ruinnin around with this super hot pan of molten rubber tryin to dodge my tool box couch and trying to get out on my balcony without burning anything!!! Im sure it was a classic!!!!
Quote:Man you should have seen the panic on my face when i opened the oven and the smoke rollled out like a basement fire!!! LOL!!! Im sure i looked like a classic cartoon ruinnin around with this super hot pan of molten rubber tryin to dodge my tool box couch and trying to get out on my balcony without burning anything!!! Im sure it was a classic!!!!

LMAO.... That is too funny....
Roc, just how much trash would the firemen you work with talk if you had to call the fire department that night?
"It tastes like burning"
I would have packed and moved.... I wouldnt show my face around my local !!!!
Dude, 400 deg is too hot and doing it for more than 15min is crazy. I bake at 250-275 for 10-15 mins., let them cool and off they come. Thats wayyyyyy too hot Rocco. Its almost as crazy as screwing a cooling head on at an angle.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
not funny J.T.
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
HAGASAN Wrote:Dude, 400 deg is too hot and doing it for more than 15min is crazy. I bake at 250-275 for 10-15 mins., let them cool and off they come. Thats wayyyyyy too hot Rocco. Its almost as crazy as screwing a cooling head on at an angle.

Yeah, well like i said i F@$#ed up! LOL!!!! I was in a hurry and wasnt payin attention to the billowing smoke coming from the oven LOL!!!!! Ya live and learn..

As for the coolin head NR 421= $250+..... A set of Resonse tires $60. Id like to think my lessson was alittle less painful!!!! :bustingup

OH YEAH JT...... Sweet avatar!!!! Im under the trance on the rythemicly bouncin boobies!!!
its only money Roc....

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
Yeah... I keep tellin myself that!!! LOL!!!

My new motto in life is " F$@K it!!! Its only money ill make more!!!"
there you go
that's the right attitude

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
There a 200 buck order to a-main!!! Im livin the motto!
maybe you thought u were cooking a pizza?
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proline tires MOAB and MASHER 2000 M3 on which wheels fit ? Antreas 0 2,751 11-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  Asphault/Sealcoat Tires BJoe 7 2,664 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Indoor Tires. Truggy, Boas And Holeshots? or just Boa J-Dub 9 2,498 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  dont height, .... 8ight! slim 601 71,317 10-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Last Post: rcracer
  Which tires for Truggy outdoor? motoxer4life 23 4,783 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  1/10 Tires Ponch 5 1,841 07-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  On Road Tires Revoguy22 15 3,103 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Imex rc tires-Blew after less then 1 full tank! t to the maxx2 11 2,838 04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Vent Tires or Wheels?? FreeRideFrosty 51 7,014 02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Hoobajoob
  werks lugs MT tires pwnzor 2 1,293 01-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Last Post: pwnzor