Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convince me not to buy a traxxas 4tec 3.3
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp...os%3D32%26

So damn tempting!:joy:
Smile
there shipping got better too. 1 week and it was here!
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Buy it,Confusedalute:
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
its an on-road nuff said.
If at first you dont succeed, suck another seed!:crazy:

I talk to Jesus, he cuts my grass!
SLOW REVO Wrote:Buy it,Confusedalute:
if slow says buy it, it must be a good price
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
AddictedtoNITRO Wrote:if slow says buy it, it must be a good price
How much is it?
delivered w/tax
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
319.95 free delivery and no tax
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
AddictedtoNITRO Wrote:319.95 free delivery and no tax
Exactly. Thats why I love ultimate. Slow, can you beat that price? I also am bidding on a few on ebay(well a jato3.3 and 4tec 3.3).

How are they quality wise? ANy known issues?
Smile
t to the maxx2 Wrote:Exactly. Thats why I love ultimate. Slow, can you beat that price? I also am bidding on a few on ebay(well a jato3.3 and 4tec 3.3).

How are they quality wise? ANy known issues?

Its a traxxas. 'Nuff said. Might as well buy two so you have a backup when it breaks. For a few more $$$ you can have a Inferno GT which is way more fun for bashing!

You can pick an IGT up for about $360 new depending on where you shop. When UH gets them back in stock you can have one for $329.... Roughly $20 more and you get a sweet ride that will work with your buggy starter box if you have one. Smile
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp...ge%3D16%26
Well I have a tmaxx, and a jato, and a rc10gt, and a hpi rally, and a micro t, and a blade cx2, for bashing. I figure a beastly onroad is all I need.
Smile
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:Its a traxxas. 'Nuff said. Might as well buy two so you have a backup when it breaks.
I have a traxxas stampede. It is the most durable reliable vehicle I have ever owned and would recommend one to anyone. as for the t-maxx I have well it's mostly alum and rpm so it dosn't break as much anymore but then again it's a t-maxx it gets bashed. I have no idea about the 4-tec but I like the cen onroad better.
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
I've got some TC tires I can sell ya when you get it.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
On-road is like wackin it before sex... Pointless
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
rocco79 Wrote:On-road is like wackin it before sex... Pointless

Rocco you know it makes it last longer.... Big Grin
Pfffft... Amatuer!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Cen CT-5 all the way!!! Or aston martin inferno gt.
t to the maxx2 Wrote:http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp...os%3D32%26

So damn tempting!:joy:
All I can say is owned a 4-tec, will never again!!! POS imho! The belt drive system is a joke, and the rest of the car was just chitty! Go with the cen, hpi, losi, whatever else some more experienced onroaders will tell you.

Rocco Wrote:On-road is like wackin it before sex... Pointless

I'm gonna have to steal that line!!!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
if my mind is thinking right...I think the cen could be had for right around the same maybe a few more. It is also fasterWink

whoohoo broke 1000
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
The 4tec isn't very good. The stampede is okay, and I have seen people have luck with the Rustler and Revo's, but I see more broken traxxas stuff than anything else.

Tmaxx's are crap compared to whats out there now. They were good int he beginning but Traxxas just keeps turning them out. They break too easy and don't take abuse compared to a Savage.

Plus, with a 4tec if you hit the smallest rock or pebel on the street its either gonna start to slide, or it will take to the air because it has no ground clearance.

With a 1/8th scale on-road basher like the Inferno GT, Ultra GTP, or OFNA DM-1 then you can happily run just about an any but the most cracked up parking lots. Plus you can drop a big block inthere, so a sick on-road motor, or even for bashing a larger engine and use a wider gear ratio for some sick speed and fun. The bigger stuff is just fun cause you can run it just about anywhere.
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:The 4tec isn't very good. The stampede is okay, and I have seen people have luck with the Rustler and Revo's, but I see more broken traxxas stuff than anything else.

Tmaxx's are crap compared to whats out there now. They were good int he beginning but Traxxas just keeps turning them out. They break too easy and don't take abuse compared to a Savage.

Plus, with a 4tec if you hit the smallest rock or pebel on the street its either gonna start to slide, or it will take to the air because it has no ground clearance.

With a 1/8th scale on-road basher like the Inferno GT, Ultra GTP, or OFNA DM-1 then you can happily run just about an any but the most cracked up parking lots. Plus you can drop a big block inthere, so a sick on-road motor, or even for bashing a larger engine and use a wider gear ratio for some sick speed and fun. The bigger stuff is just fun cause you can run it just about anywhere.

oh I totaly agree that traxxas can't stand up to some of the others out there...But sometimes for the price you pay ie. 179 nib for a stampede SOME of the models are worth it. Not like I'm sayin if a 1/8 th buggy came out I'd buy it cause that'd be the last buggy I would buy lol. Like I said I have no bones to pick with traxxas though they help bring people into this hobby and thats what we like. People just need to make a educated decision on what they buy and can afford. Like me I just bought a nib lsp...I can't afford a nice hopped up roller for 300 and front a nother couple hundred on other stuff so I got what I could afford and still be happy. But I know traxxas was my first and I'm sure it was many other peopls first so somewhere they are doing something right.
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
I would DEFINITELY say pick up the Inferno GT. That thing is SICK. I owned an electric 4Tec and it was nothing special. I never broke it, but it isn't near as fast or heavy as the nitro. (And I just used it for drifting.)
You should not buy it.
Not because its Traxxas.
Because it is a 4tec! Thats short for "Be4 Tec-nology" rendered it obsolete a decade ago!
The 2.5 was difficult at best. The old Traxxas moto of "it don't need no redesign, lets just put a bigger motor in it!"
You're never to old to be immature
I've not heard much good about the 4tec. How about the jato? I am just looking for something rediculously fast and fun, and rtr. I don't wanna deal with a kit and spending 1000 bucks getting it running the way I want. How is the Jato 3.3?
Smile
Screw it, I saw the resale values on ebay, if I buy it and don't like it, I can sell it and make most of my money back.
Im buying one
Smile
t to the maxx2 Wrote:Screw it, I saw the resale values on ebay, if I buy it and don't like it, I can sell it and make most of my money back.
Im buying one
lol what one jato or 4-tec?
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screw you Traxxas.... J-Dub 31 6,796 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 6,790 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  More goodies from Traxxas Michowski 7 1,506 06-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  New 3 Pc. Traxxas Tire!!! Ponch 8 1,823 05-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Ponch
  Traxxas 20% fuel redzebra24 3 1,093 05-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Beeeech