Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traxxas Jato
I was wondering if anybody runs the Jato at LHR. I heard it was not ROAR legal becaus of the wheels and the 2-speed tranny.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System
Whether if your into bashing or into racing, R/C is still an obsession

Go Sox!!!!!
I guess I should checked the earlier threads, d'oh!
ive been practicing with mine. no way i can race it. i put a os .18tm in it. but yes the wheeles and trans is not roar legal. but they do make a single speed and rims you can use on it.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
ok, cool, that's what I thought. I have been kind of looking at them for a while I want a nitro again but I can't seem to narrow it down to anything, I think I have been electric for to long.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System

Go Sox!!!!!
*cough* revo *cough* LoL... I think it is a great balance of everything and great out of the box. I now bash and race and couldn't be happier...
if you want to race 1/10 id say xxx-nt or the rc10gt. they seem to do well on the track
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
but its fun for bashing!! i dont think anyone else was doing triple back flips off the ramp at the last bash.
bandit72577 Wrote:I was wondering if anybody runs the Jato at LHR. I heard it was not ROAR legal becaus of the wheels and the 2-speed tranny.

Don't forget motor size, I highly doubt anyone will care(don't know if it's true either) but i though on;y .12's were allowed in the 1/10th scale class? Like i said i'm not 100% sure about that.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
I thought you could run .15 also but I'm probably wrong. How does the Jato handle around corners?
Some places will llet you run a .15 if it is the RTR engine, because most race .12's are faster than the RTR .15's.

Also, ATA Thrash races with a Jato.
So there should be no problem racing them at LHR then I'm assuming? I really don't want a Losi XXX, I have one and I just felt like it was way to fragile. I've never had an RC10GT. The Jato just seems like a very nice ST.
you can race a jato at LHR during club races. The bigger races like RCPro Series you will have to make it roar legal I'm sure.

In roar, only .12's are legal, only single speed, and only 2.2 tires. All of which would have to be changed on the jato.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Could a Jato run MT class?

and Tex, is your avatar getting blurry again ??? :wavey:
I don't expect I'll be racing in anything more than one of the Sunday things for a long time. I don't even feel ready for that yet.
Me too as a rookie racer, I would would just run it at nitro and open practice. So I finally decided that I will get a Jato, and if I need to modify it to run in races I will. Something about the Jato that just really appealls to me, I don't know what it it is. Plus I have experince with the 2.5R(had aportmaxx and revo a while back), but still need to learn to tune to conditions. But his will be a tax return purchase which I am currently waiting for. Becasue I finally saved enough to go DSM and picking up a Spektrum DX3 next week. So I can run my T4 and Jato on it.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System

Go Sox!!!!!
roar sucks. Their rules are weak. I heard some company paid them off so their products could be roar legal. too many politics and favoritism.
________
Live sex
yeah, the only thing with the 2.5 is mine never holds a tune very good, but its probally just the different temps. Good luck with the jato.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Well I just picked up a brand new Traxxas Jato Roller from eBay, just need to a engine, radio(just got a spektrum last week), tuned pipe, and wheels/tires. picked it up for 75 bucks.

well since i still have to buy wheels and tires, I guess technically (sp) its not a "roller" sorry bad joke.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System

Go Sox!!!!!
Cool. Not too bad of a deal. If you want since you need to get wheels and tires as well as a motor you might as well make them roar legal for now... just in case you want to get into racing. Then all you would need to do is a single speed instead of the 2...

(Unless you get a killer deal on a 2.5 or something.)
RCDad Wrote:So there should be no problem racing them at LHR then I'm assuming? I really don't want a Losi XXX, I have one and I just felt like it was way to fragile. I've never had an RC10GT. The Jato just seems like a very nice ST.

Sorry but I have to question RCDad, I have had my losi for a while now and the only thing I ever broke was a front (stock plastic) arm. Because my dad drove it WOT in to the tire of his truck. They are not fragile, just simple! Just my .02

To bandit, good luck with the jato. I have driven one and they were nice. Really fast, and handled decently.
my buddy had a jato the only weak spot we found on it was the rear bulk head..
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
I have raced a jato and that thing took a major beating, I never found a weak spot.

Compared to a GT or Jato, yes the Losi is known for being weaker. Simple facts. Your own experience may vary!

The most "racey" and best handling goes to the Losi. IMO
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Great article on two Jatos in this month's (or last) RCCA. They built one for bashing and one for racing.
Tex Wrote:I have raced a jato and that thing took a major beating, I never found a weak spot.

Compared to a GT or Jato, yes the Losi is known for being weaker. Simple facts. Your own experience may vary!

The most "racey" and best handling goes to the Losi. IMO

True tex!! What gets me is you said the most racey and best handling! You have never said that about any of my r/c's(then again I do have a 9.5 a savage and a 4-tec hehe)!! THANK YOU you made my day! lol j/k
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Great article on two Jatos in this month's (or last) RCCA. They built one for bashing and one for racing.
I read that article too, and that helped in the decision for the Jato. So I guess the Jato is a roller/project. since I have to add some parts.
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System

Go Sox!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screw you Traxxas.... J-Dub 31 6,794 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  Traxxas Revo.... J-Dub 42 6,789 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Jato 3.3 Ftw t to the maxx2 2 1,010 05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Meatwad
  Convince me not to buy a traxxas 4tec 3.3 t to the maxx2 40 5,471 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Last Post: t to the maxx2
  Thinking about buying a JATO 3.3 Big Bad BlackSS 16 2,428 01-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Last Post: xxxnt with trx 2.5
  More Jato 3.3 SEEKandDESTROY2 9 1,652 09-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: SEEKandDESTROY2
  More goodies from Traxxas Michowski 7 1,506 06-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  New 3 Pc. Traxxas Tire!!! Ponch 8 1,823 05-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Ponch
  Traxxas 20% fuel redzebra24 3 1,093 05-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Beeeech
  setups for traxxas revo Big Bird 3 1,774 03-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Tex