Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Buggy
Hey I was thinkin about gettin a new buggy. I read some good reviews in rc driver about the duratrax raze. They said that they couldn't break it. I know that later down the road I could upgrade the engine to a v-spec but I though I could still be competitive with this buggy once I learned to drive well. What do you guys think.
If at first you dont succeed, suck another seed!:crazy:

I talk to Jesus, he cuts my grass!
Seriously buy Roccos Jammin. All the part syou will need (spares) in greta shape and an engine....
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
ya dude dont buy the duratrax lol, roccos sh1t is like brand new
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
yea but why would I buy something like that now when I really can't drive well yet plus the raze is new and 45 bux cheaper

cuz u will just go through headaches with that raze. Atleast u will know u are running something competetive and the car isnt holding u back at all.

you wont have to upgrade later. PLus duratrax is called duratrash for a reason... You say its 45 cheaper, but do you get any spares with the duratrash.... I know you get alot more than 45 dollars worth with Roccos. Shoot the 2 NIB shocks towers are worth almost 80 alone.

Do what ever you want, I would just hate for you or anyone to buy a duratrax
How would the car hold me back wouldn't it be the driver? I have bashed t-maxxes thus far so racing is new to me and I just wanted a good reliable car to learn with, and from what rc driver says that is the raze. but I don't know anything so...

buy rocco's buggy you wont regret it
u think rc driver can say the car blows lol...the car can very easily hold u back when u start driving better, it will be difficult to get setup info cuz no one runs it and it just wont handle as well as something better. roccos selling his jammin stuff for like 20% of what he paid, cash out on his loss lol like dan did Wink

325 for rocco's and I still need to drop another say 200 or so for a motor now I'm 525+ in

If you read almost any review in a magazine they don't trash talk the car too much. There IS a reason you don't see ANYONE racing a Duratrash..... they are not engineered for racing. I would be willing to bet that Rocco's buggy is as tough, or tougher, than the Duratrash. 1/8 scale buggies are just tough all the way around, so it really isn't a surprise that they couldn't break it. I can speak to the fact that a buggy CAN hold you back. Do yourself a HUGE favor and pick up Rocco's buggy. If I was looking to get into scale, that is what I would do. Great deal. It isn't an 8IGHT though so no one wants one.....
Hoobajoob Wrote:325 for rocco's and I still need to drop another say 200 or so for a motor now I'm 525+ in

If you need a motor to get going with I have a picco .26 that I will let go with a pipe for a set of king headz knuckles. It is a bit of an on-off switch as far as the power band, but it would get you started. Rocco's buggy is the way to go.
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:It isn't an 8IGHT though so no one wants one.....

sad but true isnt it?

pick up a vg and a couple of ACE servos and the thing is set for a LONG time

DO NOT BUY DURATRAX, I made that mistake once for my first RC. Complete shitola, broke all the time, no where near cometative, just not worth it IMO. If I had the money I would buy Rocco's buggy.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:sad but true isnt it?

pick up a vg and a couple of ACE servos and the thing is set for a LONG time

It is sad. It's bad when people are dumping SP2's and MBX5s to go to an 8IGHT. Mugen and Kyosho are supposed to be the kings of racing. And it may be a bit more pricy to buy Rocco's buggy up front, but you will be saving BIG TIME in the end.
roccos buggy comes with a novarossi engine
Hoobajoob Wrote:325 for rocco's and I still need to drop another say 200 or so for a motor now I'm 525+ in
rocco has a novarossi .21 bf ask him how much he wants for it
cemeb4dk Wrote:roccos buggy comes with a novarossi engine

:confused: Which? I didn't see anything about it in the sale thread.
.21 bf
I stand corrected, I thought it came with an engine, but I was wrong

Still a great buy, and a 1000x's better than a new duratrax
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:If you read almost any review in a magazine they don't trash talk the car too much. There IS a reason you don't see ANYONE racing a Duratrash..... they are not engineered for racing. I would be willing to bet that Rocco's buggy is as tough, or tougher, than the Duratrash. 1/8 scale buggies are just tough all the way around, so it really isn't a surprise that they couldn't break it. I can speak to the fact that a buggy CAN hold you back. Do yourself a HUGE favor and pick up Rocco's buggy. If I was looking to get into scale, that is what I would do. Great deal. It isn't an 8IGHT though so no one wants one.....

Ok think about this.... a guy goes from nothing but monster trucks to a buggy. Its a whole differnt beast. To start out $500 in the hole on a buggy is nuts.Thats the same thing as comaparing this to a newbie on a motorcycle,you dont go out and buy a hyabusa till you get the feel for a smaller cheaper bike first and learn the mechanics of it.What im getting at is you start out with something cheap to begin with and when you outgrow the ability of that vehicle you up grade.THIS is what im looking for, something cheap to begin with . Im not looking to race professional just the occasional weekend event or two to get my "feet" under me. Even if that means taking all day to finish so be it! and please i dont want to hear about the slowsi eight. Idont want to buy roccos buggy and have it trashed cause of inexperiance,

cemeb4dk Wrote:I stand corrected, I thought it came with an engine, but I was wrong

Still a great buy, and a 1000x's better than a new duratrax

Exactly. I'm sure if he has had any thoughts about selling the motor, and you buy the buggy, that you could probably try to work something out on the motor as well.
he tried to with me
Hoobajoob Wrote:Ok think about this.... a guy goes from nothing but monster trucks to a buggy. Its a whole differnt beast. To start out $500 in the hole on a buggy is nuts.Thats the same thing as comaparing this to a newbie on a motorcycle,you dont go out and buy a hyabusa till you get the feel for a smaller cheaper bike first and learn the mechanics of it.What im getting at is you start out with something cheap to begin with and when you outgrow the ability of that vehicle you up grade.THIS is what im looking for, something cheap to begin with . Im not looking to race professional just the occasional weekend event or two to get my "feet" under me. Even if that means taking all day to finish so be it! and please i dont want to hear about the slowsi eight. Idont want to buy roccos buggy and have it trashed cause of inexperiance,

It is different than motorcycles. I can see what you are saying, but you will not just trash it from inexperience. If you insist on something CHEAP, then you would be better off looking at an older Kyosho IMO than the new Duratrash. There is a reason no one runs them, and no one is standing behind them here......
Hoobajoob Wrote:Ok think about this.... a guy goes from nothing but monster trucks to a buggy. Its a whole differnt beast. To start out $500 in the hole on a buggy is nuts.Thats the same thing as comaparing this to a newbie on a motorcycle,you dont go out and buy a hyabusa till you get the feel for a smaller cheaper bike first and learn the mechanics of it.What im getting at is you start out with something cheap to begin with and when you outgrow the ability of that vehicle you up grade.THIS is what im looking for, something cheap to begin with . Im not looking to race professional just the occasional weekend event or two to get my "feet" under me. Even if that means taking all day to finish so be it! and please i dont want to hear about the slowsi eight. Idont want to buy roccos buggy and have it trashed cause of inexperiance,

ok heres the thing, u buy the duratrax for 500 or whatever, then u wanna upgrade and now u gotta drop about a grand extra cuz ur not gonna get jack chit reselling a used duratrax

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new buggy question SHYCAGO 33 6,890 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  New Buggy Soon J-Dub 29 6,294 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Would a 5HP engine fit in my buggy LMAO Rawkfist_02 23 4,932 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,187 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Setting up a clutch for 1/8th buggy Toughtrax 6 1,865 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  New buggy from SH Engines! slaytanic 26 4,001 10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Piktor Rush 2 8th scale buggy? Thirdgen89GTA 38 6,613 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  Blazer Buggy.CC01 that is.... Jeepguy 10 2,047 07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  My New buggy hansarvin 6 1,648 07-16-2007, 06:37 AM