Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T maxx set ups???........
Hope this is posted in the correct spot!!??

Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone out there still races a T maxx? If so what type of set ups are you running and how does it run w/ the others?

If you could post some tips and/or recomendations on some hop ups or things that should be done to it that would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, by the way its the T Maxx 2.5R.

thanks
lower it to the lowest setting
good (racing) tires lot of people run bowties
racing pipe i got the THS give a very noticable power increase
FOC
lighten it up take off unneeded things
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
FOC, better shocks, different pipe to wake up the motor, tires, reciver pack, and better steering servo.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
thanks for the info gentlemen!!
As for the FOC it will use the same one as the Revo correct?
For tires I am going to go w/ some crime fighters on the stock wheels (after I cook 'em!).
W/ the diffs. do you guys run grease (lube, oil, etc.) in them and if so what wts.? Its been a while since I have played w/ a maxx, I used to use the tubes of Tamiya anti-wear in them!
How about the stock turnbuckles, they half way decent or no?
How about chassis braces? I know this truck (2.5r, 3.3) has a thicker chassis than the 2.5 did.

And as always thanks alot I truly appreciate the response!!
I ran F-7k and R-3k diff oil, but that might be different because I ran 1/8 diffs.
Diffs on Maxxes can't be filled with anything but grease otherwise they leak.

NOBODY at the track runs bowties, except for mabye 1-2 guys every couple of weeks. The indoor tires in how good they work from my experience;

Boa C's
LSP Tires
Responses

Outdoor, seems like people are going with Boa MS. I already picked me up a set of 4, just waiting on some foams now.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Yeah I got a set (4) of new CF starring at me looking pretty bored so once I actually get the truck (in shipment!) I will boil the tires off the stock wheels and use them!
Heres a question for someone, has anyone tried using Revo shocks or Jato shocks on a T? I got to thinking and if one of those would work decently they would drop the truck WAY down!!
As for the diffs. im just going to use the anit-wear grease, seemed to work well for me back in the day!
i liked the responses better for indoors
if you want good shocks go for the UE supershocks or the Proline Powerstrokes and just don't run the dampener shocks (4) and then run just the 4 coil shocks.

Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:if you want good shocks go for the UE supershocks or the Proline Powerstrokes and just don't run the dampener shocks (4) and then run just the 4 coil shocks.

I just wanted to maybe try something a little different that was all! I was doing some research and I think the Revo shocks might be a tad to small and the Jato ones may be a tad to thick!

On an off note, is anyone having problems w/ the site? Its been a hit or miss type deal for me!

Anyways, any thoughts on the revo, jato shocks?
ya its a slow server or somting like that
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
i think the revo shocks are too big in diameter and not long enough and the jatos would prolly be skinnier in diameter but might work for length. the only prob is fitting them in between the spaces in the a-arms.
I dont know about jato shocks but I do know that the revo shocks prolly wont work with your having your truck bottoming out alot, you would also probally have to put different springs on them.

north_shore_racer Wrote:i think the revo shocks are too big in diameter and not long enough and the jatos would prolly be skinnier in diameter but might work for length. the only prob is fitting them in between the spaces in the a-arms.

Yeah thats pretty much what I was thinking also!

If I can find a set of Jato shocks for a decent price I might pick em up and see just for the heck of it!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T-Maxx Pictures BAMF90 21 3,567 03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  what to expect from t maxx sperry007 8 1,713 09-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Last Post: olds97_lss
  maxx tranny ? for you rusty savage 13 2,106 08-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Scrapped e-maxx plans and got a Clod! mikeh 6 1,772 04-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro
  Race an E-Maxx? jhautz 9 1,699 04-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Last Post: jhautz