Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maxx tranny ? for you
ok im running a os 18 on an orig pro 15 trany still with reverse. so far it has lasted 2 gallons! my current prob is.... I can run through first gear perfectly right when the tranny goes to shift the keeps revving with no speed increase. im hitting my engine maxx rpm but the last 1/4 throttle is all sound no speed increase. Ive taken the tranny apart and every thing is perfect. all pawls are stilll there and move smoothly. I looked at the one way bearing on the long shaft goin through the center of the tranny (in the mid of 2nd gear). the shaft is barely shinny and the bearing still grips quite well. any ideas? how exactly do the gears shift from first to second?
Same 'ol Fun!
Now does it actually shift, or just keep hi-revving? If it doesn't shift, it could be the shift adjustment screw is too far in or the spring/ball setup inside could be damaged and need to be replaced.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
It keeps high revving. i dont think the screw is too far in. i was running fine shifting and all. i shut the maxx down and about 30 min later start it up, run till it was warm and no shifting.
Same 'ol Fun!
Try backing the screw off about 3/4 of a turn and see what happens. Make sure you get the right setscrew, (I would tell you which one it is but I forget) I think it's the one that's in on a funny angle, but don't quote me lol.
I'm having the same problem with my maxx right now, it won't switch from 1st to 2nd. I've tried everything from loosening the 2-speed adj. screw (which makes it shift sooner) to tightening it which of course did nothing.
The 2-speed adjustment screw is the offset grub screw that you can see through the access hole in the tranny case. You have to line it up to access the screw, I'll try and see if I can describe it.

-Open the access plug on the tranny case and look into it with a flashlight
-Spin the spur gear while looking into the hole until you see a notch that is cut out
-HOLD the spur gear and roll the truck on the ground (while looking into the hole) to reveal another grub screw
-Loosen the screw to shift sooner, visa versa...remember the screw is sideways so you have to access it like that (if that makes sense..lol)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
It's an F'in puzzle to get to that screw and there should be some prize money involved for whoever gets it adjusted first lol....
I had the same problem with my maxx. This is how I fixed mine:
[Image: ttrac4099.jpg]
click me

The spring inside the drive hub assembly can lose it's tension sometimes when adjusting it too much or when it's worn out over time.
my maxx is like brand new, I thin I'll just take it apart and find the problem...I'll keep you all informed on what it is (was)....
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tripp, you picked up a maxx:eek:
Tex Wrote:my maxx is like brand new
Yeah... thats different than, I know rusty's had his maxx for a while now.
Check your slipper clutch. If it's loose, when it hits second gear, it will slip a lot more than when it's in first gear.

I had that on my revo when I installed a 18TM. It seemed fine for a few minutes, but once I hit second, it didn't really speed up. The engine rev'd, but the truck didn't get faster. Took a me a few minutes to figure out what was happening.

It could also be your flywheel came loose a little bit.
i was thinking it was a slipper issue too... Good luck figurin it out guys
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Tex you got a Maxx? WOW

I'm kind of conufesed when you say it keeps high revving what do you mean? Are there still power to the wheels or is it just high revving and then slowing down?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
there is power to the wheels still when it should be switching to second. It acts as if it's a single speed tranny. Slipper is locked, I've always ran my maxxs with locked slippers, wheelies are funSmile

Yeah I got a maxx to bash around with because the revo is so dialed that it's not even fun to mess around with unless your on a track. Having the maxx brings all the fun back to bashin'
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Well I'm not really sure what to tell you guys then, when I lost second in my maxx it would like shift out of first but then just rev and there wouldn't be any power, this was because I broke the set screw in the second gear so I was told. (When I first got my maxx I had no clue what I was doing so I took it into LH to figure out what was wrong with it)
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T-Maxx Pictures BAMF90 21 3,420 03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  what to expect from t maxx sperry007 8 1,633 09-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Last Post: olds97_lss
  T maxx set ups???........ sikntired 13 2,630 05-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Last Post: sikntired
  Scrapped e-maxx plans and got a Clod! mikeh 6 1,736 04-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro