Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air filter
do k&n airfilters make a big difference on rc's?
i was just lookin through stuff on ebay and i see some trucks with k&n air filters and am wondering how much better they are

thanks
:lol:

savage x w/ sts.28, nova clutch shoes, hpi wheelie bar, hump pack
soon to have: hpi polished pipe, motor saver filter, 3 speed, ofna throttle mod, dual disk brakes
They are crap. They don't let enough air get to the engine. They are made out of paper. They are designed for 1:1 cars and motorcycles.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
They do suck.

they actully let too much air through without filtering it . They are made of a cotton material that doesnt grab the tinyest most harmful grains of dirt
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
ive seen people that have bought them, and modded them so that there was a regular filter behind them, it looked good, and performed good.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
SOAKONE Wrote:One of the first pieces of advice I was given when I got into nitro was to stay away from those things and anything that looked like them.

me 2
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
yeah, they look like they won't catch a lot of air b/c the peace of metal on the front is right where the air comes at it
thanks guys

soon to have: hpi polished pipe, motor saver filter, 3 speed, ofna throttle mod, dual disk brakes
A lot of filters have that.
[Image: steveos.jpg]
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
ya i was wondering since they flow more air so if you use a pre filter on the outside and oil both if it would work well.
K3- C5 rody mod, custom gears, KDZ hop ups.

soon *- TTR EB4 S3, ACE servos, RB C5BB, TTR option hop ups, KDZ hop ups.
uemaxx
i think they all have it, but the k&n has it right on the front directly in the airflow, my dad just got the whole system for his m3 and for toyota tundra and it's sick! but there is a better filter that doens't have the end thing

what would be a better performing (if there is one) air filter for a savage x and for a revo?
thanks guys!

Motor saver or the HPI knock off motor saver.
MS Savage
MS Revo

HPI Knock off for Savage
It never happened to me, but people say the motor saver air filter isn't that good either. Their is no center in the filter body. At certain pressure, the filter collapses allowing air/debris to go right into the carb, not even touching the filter.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
The filter doesnt need to have an open end to have a high flow!

Look at every single 1/8 buggy air filter... They are almost excatley the same. The air is drawn through the side foam to the center of the filter where it is pulled down the carb.....

The motor savers suck ass too... They allow unfiltered dirt to sneek past the foam at the bottom of the cage ( where the neck meets the screen case)

Just buy a mugen 1/8 filter and be done with it already
rocco79 Wrote:The filter doesnt need to have an open end to have a high flow!

Look at every single 1/8 buggy air filter... They are almost excatley the same. The air is drawn through the side foam to the center of the filter where it is pulled down the carb.....

The motor savers suck ass too... They allow unfiltered dirt to sneek past the foam at the bottom of the cage ( where the neck meets the screen case)

+1
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
rocco79 Wrote:The filter doesnt need to have an open end to have a high flow!

what? I have a motor saver air filter......seems to work good. and the guy said its a great air filter.....damn
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
whats a good air filter for the t-maxx then?
[/SIZE]
stock lol
K3- C5 rody mod, custom gears, KDZ hop ups.

soon *- TTR EB4 S3, ACE servos, RB C5BB, TTR option hop ups, KDZ hop ups.
sorry to burst your buble... Motor savers are motor wreckers dude.

Get a regular 1/8 buggy filter.
damn......I got to stop listening to that LHR guy
[/SIZE]
i like the stock one on my LST2 it works real well....
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
just get your info from more than the guy tryin to make a sale
The LHR guy tried to sell me on the motor saver too. This forum and Al's saved me. LoL
whats a good brand of an airfilter for the t-maxx?

the mugen or what
[/SIZE]
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXNL65&P=7

is that the one that you're talkin about?

i dought it...but what about integy filters?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXLBA2&P=7

motor savers are motor wreckers from many peoples experiences in all forms of RC.

The Mugen filter pictured in the Tower Hobbies link above is the best filter (IMO) and one of the cheapest.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Filter? r0nd3L 28 3,913 12-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Last Post: BlackWolf42
  OFNA Tank Filter? UE-Maxx 6 1,636 11-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Last Post: UE-Maxx
  air filter Michowski 7 3,274 07-26-2004, 11:33 AM