ChitownRC
air filter - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: air filter (/thread-3020.html)

air filter - dirtguy90 - 03-15-2006

do k&n airfilters make a big difference on rc's?
i was just lookin through stuff on ebay and i see some trucks with k&n air filters and am wondering how much better they are

thanks

air filter - UE-Maxx - 03-15-2006

They are crap. They don't let enough air get to the engine. They are made out of paper. They are designed for 1:1 cars and motorcycles.

air filter - rocco79 - 03-15-2006

They do suck.

they actully let too much air through without filtering it . They are made of a cotton material that doesnt grab the tinyest most harmful grains of dirt

air filter - Traxxas_Junkee - 03-15-2006

ive seen people that have bought them, and modded them so that there was a regular filter behind them, it looked good, and performed good.

air filter - Racin' Ranger1 - 03-15-2006

SOAKONE Wrote:One of the first pieces of advice I was given when I got into nitro was to stay away from those things and anything that looked like them.

me 2

yeah, they look like they won't catch a lot of air b/c the peace of metal on the front is right where the air comes at it
thanks guys

A lot of filters have that.
[Image: steveos.jpg]

air filter - JOE - 03-15-2006

ya i was wondering since they flow more air so if you use a pre filter on the outside and oil both if it would work well.

uemaxx
i think they all have it, but the k&n has it right on the front directly in the airflow, my dad just got the whole system for his m3 and for toyota tundra and it's sick! but there is a better filter that doens't have the end thing

what would be a better performing (if there is one) air filter for a savage x and for a revo?
thanks guys!

air filter - olds97_lss - 03-15-2006

Motor saver or the HPI knock off motor saver.
MS Savage
MS Revo

HPI Knock off for Savage

It never happened to me, but people say the motor saver air filter isn't that good either. Their is no center in the filter body. At certain pressure, the filter collapses allowing air/debris to go right into the carb, not even touching the filter.

air filter - rocco79 - 03-15-2006

The filter doesnt need to have an open end to have a high flow!

Look at every single 1/8 buggy air filter... They are almost excatley the same. The air is drawn through the side foam to the center of the filter where it is pulled down the carb.....

The motor savers suck ass too... They allow unfiltered dirt to sneek past the foam at the bottom of the cage ( where the neck meets the screen case)

Just buy a mugen 1/8 filter and be done with it already

rocco79 Wrote:The filter doesnt need to have an open end to have a high flow!

Look at every single 1/8 buggy air filter... They are almost excatley the same. The air is drawn through the side foam to the center of the filter where it is pulled down the carb.....

The motor savers suck ass too... They allow unfiltered dirt to sneek past the foam at the bottom of the cage ( where the neck meets the screen case)

+1

air filter - kevinF - 03-15-2006

rocco79 Wrote:The filter doesnt need to have an open end to have a high flow!

what? I have a motor saver air filter......seems to work good. and the guy said its a great air filter.....damn

air filter - kevinF - 03-15-2006

whats a good air filter for the t-maxx then?

air filter - JOE - 03-15-2006

stock lol

air filter - rocco79 - 03-16-2006

sorry to burst your buble... Motor savers are motor wreckers dude.

Get a regular 1/8 buggy filter.

air filter - kevinF - 03-16-2006

damn......I got to stop listening to that LHR guy

air filter - BottledBeast - 03-16-2006

i like the stock one on my LST2 it works real well....

air filter - rocco79 - 03-16-2006

just get your info from more than the guy tryin to make a sale

air filter - FreeRideFrosty - 03-16-2006

The LHR guy tried to sell me on the motor saver too. This forum and Al's saved me. LoL

air filter - kevinF - 03-16-2006

whats a good brand of an airfilter for the t-maxx?

the mugen or what

air filter - dirtguy90 - 03-16-2006

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNL65&P=7

is that the one that you're talkin about?

i dought it...but what about integy filters?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLBA2&P=7

air filter - Tex - 03-16-2006

motor savers are motor wreckers from many peoples experiences in all forms of RC.

The Mugen filter pictured in the Tower Hobbies link above is the best filter (IMO) and one of the cheapest.