Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LST2 Shift Point, can't hear it, feel it or see it.
Yeah... I tried all that.

The trans is in high speed mode. It was set to low speed initially and I couldn't believe how slow it was. We switched it to high half way through tank one of break-in.

I also downloaded the manual and read it. I did as it said, but it didn't appear to be shifting. I was adjusting both screws.

The RPM's the engine is hitting in whatever gear it's in (I still say it's first) are really high. Way past where I think it should be. Especially when I backed the screws out to 6.5-7 turns. If anything, it should have engaged into second gear right away and bogged the engine down for a few yards, then eventually pick up speed. When in fact, it hits top speed in about 10-15 yards and the engine stops revving because it hits maxx RPM's and the truck stops going any faster. The speed it does go isn't very fast. If it is second gear, the LST has a very slow top speed... My mammoth with a center spur with an Axial 28 and 14T bell is faster... and it's not that fast.

I checked an LST specific forum. Unfortunately, any post referencing the two speed was over a year old and was for the LST, not the LST2.

There's a few things that I found at LSTcentral that I would have tried if I'd had the proper tools. One thing I didn't try though was to slowly roll up to high RPM's to see if it was engaging. Or trying to slowly roll up to high RPM's with the tires off the ground to see if it engages. I'm used to just cranking up to high RPM's in a short amount of time and hearing it kick into second. But with the way this clutch works, it may actually be slipping and not dragging the weight of the truck up to a speed that matches how fast the clutch is spinning.

Also, the suggestion was made to carefully drill out the holes the clutch bolts are supposed to slide in to give them a little more room to move. That's what I didn't have tools for.

Thanks for looking into the problem. I appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
LST2 Shift Point, can't hear it, feel it or see it. - by olds97_lss - 01-08-2007, 12:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,979 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Feel the need for a limited edition G4+ ??? DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 1 1,007 06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  good starting point? AddictedtoNITRO 8 2,117 02-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  I feel like I got scammed. I think I did. Rawkfist_02 68 6,905 01-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Rawkfist_02
  Daves Track the 30th, point race. whos going? slim 2 926 07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  Why did YOU buy an LST2? DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 11 1,625 06-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  Lst2 north_shore_racer 9 1,795 11-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Blown5.0