Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel like I got scammed. I think I did.
Anyways, that buggy. The guy sent me a pic before he shipped and said it was current. It was no where near. OK heres the buggy's condition after it claimed to have 4 tanks on it after break in.

Spray painted wing?
sharpie design body
broken sway bar
Piston is chared
Easily 4 gallons on engine
Pipe's stinger is gone
Wheels are BALD
no radio
no packaging in box, just thrown in
1 pound of mud, im not even joking
basically 1/2 of it laying in parts in a un-protected packageing
over 1 month in claims of "shipping"

I think I got scammed if this falls into those territories. I will have a pic tonight of the mess. What should I do guys, I think the engine will run and basically even to run it, i need wheels and a pipe. I have $0 by the way. In winter i cant mow lawns. I have left him with negative feedback allready. Out of his 100% feedback.
You took the engine apart after you saw how dirty the rest was? Not a good move IMO. I would have contacted the guy immediately asked WTF? If he dodges any and all contact attempts, yep, you just got burned.
Rawkfist_02 Wrote:Anyways, that buggy. The guy sent me a pic before he shipped and said it was current. It was no where near. OK heres the buggy's condition after it claimed to have 4 tanks on it after break in.

Piston is chared
Easily 4 gallons on engine
Pipe's stinger is gone
Wheels are BALD
no radio
no packaging in box, just thrown in
1 pound of mud, im not even joking
basically 1/2 of it laying in parts in a un-protected packageing

I think I got scammed if this falls into those territories. I will have a pic tonight of the mess. What should I do guys, I think the engine will run and basically even to run it, i need wheels and a pipe. I have $0 by the way. In winter i cant mow lawns. I have left him with negative feedback allready. Out of his 100% feedback.

What happened to the brand new buggy that you had?? :confused: Where did you buy this one from?? Hopefully through ebay or something with Paypal.... it will at least give you some insurance. Try to contact the seller and see if he will work with you first... if not, then try to file through paypal or ebay that the item was no where near as described.

If you can.... post pics that he sent you, and then pics of how it sits right now.

Good luck.
Dan
pm me ur addy again i will send u a free pipe
revo_basher Wrote:pm me ur addy again i will send u a free pipe

Before changing ANYTHING on the buggy try to work it out with the seller. If that doesn't work then I would kindly accept revo bashers pipe. Big Grin
O you guys want the fricken pic he showed me. Wait till you see the After picture. What an asshole. There was even mud on the piston. Like he ran it, and threw it in the box and shipped it out without a glow plug in.

Heres the so called 4 tank buggy
[Image: Picture_2041.jpg]
Pretty in that pic aint it?
Thanks so much bryan, dude I am pissed. Mynd if i call you man?
no go ahead
It actually looks pretty ratty in the before shot, too, since you asked....but hey you feel bad enough already, I'm sure, so sorry for my bluntness.

Blurry, far away pictures aren't the route to a good e-sale. If you didn't ask him to zoom in and clean it up, well, it is buyer beware, right?
He told me it would be cleaned up. I also asked him about the stinger on it, he said it was there.

And just to make things worse. ALL the emails are gone, someone changed my email account password and im starting to think it was him.
Good luck. I hope it works out for you.
What forum did you broker this deal through?
Do you still have that new buggy?? I don't remember which one it was.....
Free ride, this is that same buggy?

And it was rcuniverse. He game me his ebay account to so i could see his feedback. Im so mad. Anyways Im gonna try calling.
Oh.... when you wanted to trade me you said you had a brand new buggy. I didn't realize that it was an "almost new" trade-in-progress. Well.... good luck is about all I can say at this point.
what's his name at RCU and eBay so we can all avoid his in the future...
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Moral of the story- If you're going to buy used buy local.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
need anything else before i mail the pipe? and no u can have the revo or the lst lol
rcuniverse is a bad place to do business, I learned that the hard way with my buddy maxx breaker. try to avoid that forum to buy anything unless you know the guy, you can also get on there contact jang, and mess up his reputation, and put him in the scammer page
OMG did you get hosed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude thats a 1/10 pipe of an hpi ! You better get your money back dude! Hope you went through ebay or somthing that helps protect buyers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
It was a trade. For his RS4, that used to be mine until I traded for his T-Maxx.
Man, I am sorry that happened to you.
Unless paypal or a credit card was used, your going to have a tough time with it. That dude knew he was scamming. The Dirt bag. I also agree that that picture is terrible. What prompted you to buy that thing in the first place?
You're never to old to be immature
he has always wanted a buggy.
coulda had a nice TTR bud Smile sorry to hear about ur luck
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Rawkfist_02 Wrote:O you guys want the fricken pic he showed me. Wait till you see the After picture. What an asshole. There was even mud on the piston. Like he ran it, and threw it in the box and shipped it out without a glow plug in.

Heres the so called 4 tank buggy
[Image: Picture_2041.jpg]
Pretty in that pic aint it?
Sorry to here that you got hosed, but if you got this picture before the trade or sale and you still went through with it, I'm sorry to say but you got what you bought! The buggy has a 1/10th pipe on it(probably rs4), it's just covered with dirt, and it's only one pic. I would have atleast gotten one of the chassis! Especially if I didn't know the guy and there was no insurance! Sorry to be blunt and I wish you the best of luck in getting this matter fixed!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Thanks so much guys, well the hobby shop said they think the engine is modded!!! And as rummaging in this box, i found 2 radios. An hpi and a vintage Kyosho? Kind of wierd.

Here's my list if anyone wants to contribute some old stuff or possibly trust me to buy later.

Pipe( Thanks so much revo-basher)
Body
Wheels
Wing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel the need for a limited edition G4+ ??? DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 1 1,004 06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  LST2 Shift Point, can't hear it, feel it or see it. olds97_lss 14 2,121 01-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Last Post: olds97_lss