Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme RC Marengo IL
A new track has been built and Bryan the owner is opening tomorrow and will be open Sunday for practice only. They've spent months pulling it together and are a work in progress. From what he described to me it sounds like they are in it for the long haul and won't just be a flash in the pan.

Here's the details they posted at rctech.net in the WI/ILL racing forums:

There is a new offroad track in Marengo.Track opens this Saturday.
hours are fri-sun 12 noon to 9pm
pratice only for now
$30 membership fee and $15 pratice fee after that.
100x100 dirt track- nitro and electric
Full power
restrooms
drivers stand
Any ? call Bryan at 1-224-465-2571
Address is: 2521 N.RT23
Marengo IL
im going to hea dout there tommorow to get some pictures and check it out. im too broke to practice this weekend but for sure next weekend i will be there
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
cheesecake Wrote:im going to hea dout there tommorow to get some pictures and check it out. im too broke to practice this weekend but for sure next weekend i will be there

Cheesey...keep me posted on this one. Send me those pics when you get home.
Can anybody show location of track. Mapquest doesn't recognize the address. Live in Lake in the Hills and this would be a much shorter drive than LeisureHoursRaceway.
TT Ducati 999R Nitro MotorcycleSmile
Kyosho Inferno GT "Ferrari"Big Grin
1/16 Kyosho Inferno 09 (half eight):eek:
1/10 Associated SCT (short course truck)Big Grin
2002 Corvette Convertible (silver of course)Rolleyes
separate the street name RT. 23 and mapquest should be able to find it

[Image: extreme002.jpg]
[Image: extreme003.jpg]
[Image: extreme004.jpg]
[Image: extreme005.jpg]
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Is Nitro allowed? If so, who's going Friday? I will be there if weather holds out
Nitro is allowed and I plan on going next Friday after work.
Brushless B44
Caster fusion
Slash
After re-reading the first post, $45 for the first time to go seems a little rough on my wallet ($30 for membership plus $15 for practice after that)

Is there a price for practicing minus getting a membership?
Thats what I was thinking.
Busy Friday--going out Blarneys Island for a birthday party. Track looks promising. I only have a 1/16 buggy (Mini Inferno .09 "Nitro"). Driving 85 miles to LeisureHoursRaceway is a haul. Waiting for some more reviews and general feelings towards the $30 membership and $15 practice time.
Maybe the owner can come on the board and chime in to clear some things up for some (like me) I do believe that the membership fee and high practice charge may scare some people off.

It's not that I don't mind the membership fee. But, I was thinking since the track is open at 12pm on fridays to swing by on my lunch break an run a few tanks, just $15 is kinda high.

The track sure looks fun and a good layout.
I am not the owner but was out there last weekend.The first time $30 charge covers the membership and 1st pratice.Each additional pratice is $15.I am sure if you wanted to stop by and run a few tanks it would be even less.
Brushless B44
Caster fusion
Slash
Starting to sound more reasonable.
Went by there on my motorcycle today--found it. If anybody is going out there by way of Rt. 176, there is construction and you will be detoured a little. Allow some extra time.
Busy this weekend. But plan on going out there soon. Just have a 1/16 scaler, but the size of the track looks not too big. Looks soft?
Try and post up after you have gone to see the track. I'm sure a lot of us are interested in your perceptions of the track and the conditioning, etc.
arg! I forgot the cars at home, so no going after work for me. Maybe Sunday or next friday for sure I'll go out there and support the track. Also to have fun!
I went to the track yesterday and had a great time. Looks like this track will keep getting better as time goes by. It will be real nice once they get drivers stand and some other things completed. I will be heading back in the next couple of weeks.
Anyone heading there this weekend?

How's it going out there?
Probably heading out to StrictlyRc on Sunday to see the track and RUN SOME NITRO!
I live 30 minutes from the new dirt track in Marengo and have riden by it to locate the place. Looks promising.
Has anybody been out to Extreme RC lately. Still looking for some good feedback on the track. Anybody, Anybody, Beuller? Beuller?
ExtremeRC has announced (see rctech, Illinois&Wisconsing forum, Extreme rc track in Marengo - Page 3 - R/C Tech Forums)
a nitro&electric race on September 28th. A scoring system will be in place. How does that sound?

I will be there helping with the scoring system.
Thanks Bob for the info. Will be in contact with them to find out more. I'm sure that there won't be any class for the 1/16 scaler, but hell I'll run with anybody. Fun is Fun.
I would hope you would be able to run it there. I will bring one of my electric cars, as well (its all I got). Hopefully it is another step forward to having a nicer racing facility we can all use.
I'm thinking ill try and make it out Sunday. With or without running trucks... I might just bring them out to pick some brains about WTF I need to do to get em up.
Drive it like ya stole it
Will have to call them 1st, but plan on going out to the track on Saturday the 27th. Only have the "Little Buggie". It is a Mini Inferno 09. It's Nitro, so it makes a neat sound out of a 2lb. 10" long menace. Like a rabid weasel. Have plans with the family on Sunday, so that day is out.
On rcTech, they just posted practice and race days/hours. It looks like Friday and Saturday are open for practice. According to what I saw, Saturday is good from like noon til 7 or 8.
Hey Bob:
Will only be able to be out there on Saturday for practice. Hopefully the little buggy will be OK on the track. Only have worn tires to run. Hard to find replacements. Well, it's only practice. Later

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric Backyard Offraod Track in Marengo BobWoodhouse 87 19,001 09-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  Extreme R/c Roast And Race kanai kid 35 5,375 10-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Money Race Extreme RC Evansdale IA Brian K 13 2,318 02-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3