Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leisure Hours update.
going to post a few pictures. !st oe is a shot of the parking area from where i was standing to the building. Second picture is a shot of where the indoor is going to go, the entire area between the concrete walls(125x65 track space plus more room for pit lanes and a stand). Will also be two 4 foot fans venting UPWARDS!!!!!#rd shot is from what will be left side of track, drivers stand will go where truck is, track area is everywhere the dark dirt is in that picture, including the berm in the left of the picture(this track is going to be a monster). Thats Berns tractor , he's begun to sculpt. 4th is where the on road track will be , all of the light groung in between the trucks. 5th is a shot of the spot where the stand will go, in between the two differnet color dirt.(50 foot long- 8 fooot wide- covered with a 3 foot overhang).

Attached Files
.jpg   DSC00309-1.JPG (Size: 60.92 KB / Downloads: 70)
.jpg   DSC00310-1.JPG (Size: 58.55 KB / Downloads: 66)
.jpg   DSC00311-1.JPG (Size: 63.67 KB / Downloads: 69)
.jpg   DSC00312-1.JPG (Size: 61.83 KB / Downloads: 58)
.jpg   DSC00313-1.JPG (Size: 61.61 KB / Downloads: 78)
6th picture is a shot of the indoor pit area, two seperate slabs poured from where i'm standing to the bobcat in the back. 7th is a shot sort of what your going to see from the stand, but 18 foot lower, sorry couldnt fit whole track area in picture too wide. 8th is about the same as 7th but closer, and yes you WILL be ontop of that burm , the very top hopr ypu don't mind a lil elevation change, cause its gunna be a lill up and down going down.9th is a shot of one of the outside pitting lanes, thats the tracks to the right and the it area willl be lower than the track all the way around the grounds , on the outside edge. 10th is a side view of the burm, (that would be the end of the straight or maybe the end of 1 of the straights???? on the JOLIET MONSTER,your going to like it). That would be looking fromin one of the pit areas on the side. I also have seen the plans for the first of many fine layouts, but you guys are going to have to wait to see that cause i'm not tellin. Building should be up by say monday, and the track work has already begun on the outside off-road so it shouldn't be long now I'll give some more updates early next week. :joy: :joy: :joy:

Attached Files
.jpg   DSC00314-1.JPG (Size: 63.48 KB / Downloads: 83)
.jpg   DSC00315-1.JPG (Size: 62.46 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   DSC00316-1.JPG (Size: 62.88 KB / Downloads: 52)
.jpg   DSC00317-1.JPG (Size: 59.54 KB / Downloads: 28)
.jpg   DSC00318-1.JPG (Size: 61.93 KB / Downloads: 57)
It doesn't look like it will open this year.
yes it will. Leisure hours has a big state race in the beginning of december so they will be open for that. Shouldnt be that long now. Foundation is the main thing
It'll be open before snow falls........The Lesiure crew is moving around pretty quick.
Building will be up next week, track will be in soon, drivers stand will begin build next week, I can tell you there will be some racing outdoor this year. Outdoor offroad will be the first to be done, Bernie is excited to get it done and is not to happy about the setbacks, but he will have it done so don't give up on Bernie, he wants it for you guys more than for himself.
Bernie is da man !!!!!!!! I wouldnt be suprized if the man gets that shit done before the end of August!!!!!!
i just hope it will be up befor november 15, so that i can run there befor the goverment takes me for 6 years!
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
They have a state race in December? I'm glad I have a warm coat Big Grin
its gonna be indoors so it shouldnt be cold out. Im interested in seeing how the new track temps will be as well.
Does anyone have driving directions to this new track location? I mapquest the location given and it's not working for me.

Dominick, you obviously found the place, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Does anyone have driving directions to this new track location? I mapquest the location given and it's not working for me.

Dominick, you obviously found the place, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

The new track is gonna be located across the street from this place...
http://www.challengepark.com

The directions on their site will guide you in with no problems Smile.
Thank you! Know right where that is. The Scouts p-ball there.
YAHOOO, its only about a half hour away from me. Im so happy its close to my house. Cant wait untill they open. I hope this rain helped them as well.
It's a little closer to me than their old track. I'd like to get the Mayhem out there, getting tired of running it around on the grass.
Mich,

You got rain? What's is like? I remember rain.......

Rcdad,

You have grass still? I have brown straw.......I remember rain........seems like years since it been here.
My kids keep wanting to play out in the front with the hose so they keep watering the lawn. If it was up to me it would all be dead.
Dormant, not dead. It comes back every year. I just can't stand looking at it all browned out. And the truck (revo) leaves trails when you run across it, which really makes it look nice!
The weeds are flourishing, my entire back fence is covered in vines and crap. I'm going to have to get back there with the weed wacker Saturday.

Unless I spend too much time with the Savage Big Grin I hope I don't burn up this new spur gear I haven't even installed yet.
Zip tie an xacto knife off the back bumper of the Sav and run it around the yeard until the job is done. Then put the kids to work baggin' it all.
lol
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
That would be a nice addon to the Savage, some kind of weed wacking apparatus.
Think Speed Racer Mach 5....... front mounted twin circular saw blades with electric drives. Shoot, let's just get into BattleBots!!!!!
its an hour and a half away from me. YES now it looks like ill never be able to go to a race :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: it will only be a 136 mile trip Big Grin
Gamer.
~Noto
Where are you located Notochord? what town
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leisure Hours On Road Point Series chicagokenji 0 1,982 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  leisure hours SHYCAGO 2 2,030 11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  Transponder at Leisure Hours slaytanic 3 1,954 02-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Last Post: slaytanic
  Leisure Hours Bryon Race coverage DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 15 2,615 07-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  K2 leisure hours set-up? Racin' Ranger1 9 1,770 02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Hell yeah !!! RCP at Leisure hours in 06 snakebite46 61 7,768 12-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Will anyone run "road tires" on Leisure's track? DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 26 4,461 12-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Holiday hours on road at Intense Raceway DeKalb DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 0 1,487 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  MT Racing at Leisure Hours Technical RC 7 2,825 09-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Leisure Hour on Sept 16????? rocco79 19 4,717 09-19-2004, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Technical RC