Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will anyone run "road tires" on Leisure's track?
In another thread someone mentioned that the track will pack down and eventually run like pavement. Has anyone ever been successful racing with treaded "street" tires? And if so, would the rules allow them?
I think Bernie might have at the old place, but I could be wrong.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
At the old track, couple of guys used to run Pro-line road rage's with good results.
Thanks, good to know.

How about worn down Maxx tires that are nearly slicks?
Who knows....I had a setup like that with a little less than 1/4" left on maxx tires and I loved them for all around bashing...
It is going to be trial and error... The old track had so much traction my friend youle buy new bow tie type tires and clip off all of the tread so that there was maybe 1/32 of an inch left... maybe. They were pretty much slicks and he had TONS of traction. I am guessing it may take a little while for this track to get there though. It takes time.
And that's my point. If having the right tires is that critical, and I know that it will be, why not have a set of used-up maxx's that are somewhere between road tires and loose tires, like bowties? Maybe they would work fine, and I'm sure worn maxx tires would be cheap to get.
Since I have 2 sets of maxx tires that are pretty much brand new I may actually cut one down to slicks for the most part. I can try them at LH then and if they don't work well they will be my parking lot bash tires...
I 'll look forward to your reviews of the results.
It's going to be a sad day cutting off that much tread. Maybe I will just mount them up and start doing donuts in the street...
Wait for some feedback on what tires work before you guys go and hack up tires.
That's what I was thinking... unless of course I want slicks for the road... then I would try them cut down at LH first...
Compound is the most important thing with the tires, small nubbed tire have always worked the best, and the PL road rages worked well but need to be built up and made stiffer
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Read this.........http://p220.ezboard.com/fleisurehoursrac...=145.topic
stock maxx tires are WAY to hard of a compound to grip good on the track. Yep I even tried a set that had all the treads cut off at the old track...honestly they sucked because of the compound.

For MT's you want bowties, or preferably the Panther Boa's in "C" compound which stands for "clay"
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Quote:You want bowties, or preferably the Panther Boa's in "C" compound which stands for "clay"

What about crime fighters?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
the pins are too high u will just slide, like running on wet asphault

I was running crimes on Saturday and it was "OK" but I tried Tunes truck and his bowties stuck way better.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
It seems, from the link above, that Bernie is not allowing slicks. I know at the old track, one of the guys ran his Max with Panther soft compound slicks, and said it had great traction.
Bowties it is.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Tex u wont be able to judge anything by that dirt, I would advise u guys to not even mess with the setups to make them work for a track like saturday as that track will most likely never be like that again...

what about panther komodos?
lol if they work with little to no pins on them then I'm in great shape!
bowties are softer and the pins roll over easier than Crimes. I don't think ProLine makes different compounds for MT's.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
If I were going to be racing at Leisure with nitro I'd wait before I sunk cash into new tires. Wait to see what tire really hooks up best for racing.

We raced electric nights at the old place and for truck and buggy the best tire for rears was Losi Pink Taper Pins. You took a belt sander and took off almost all the tread. We also kept a set of Taper Pins that had lots of tread left for when the track got dry.

For the fronts, in electric, some guys used Road Rage but you have to remember almost all electric racing is 2WD.

We have a Mayhem and a Savage that we'll be racing with you guys when we can.

I'm waiting to see what tires are best before I shop around.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Village RC Track mikev 13 16,148 07-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  Track Directory of Active Tracks??? mighty_EE 7 9,750 05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Last Post: FastCompanyRCAutocross
  New track up in Griffith Indiana rcguy8038 8 6,861 01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Last Post: rcguy8038
  Proline tires MOAB and MASHER 2000 M3 on which wheels fit ? Antreas 0 2,746 11-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  Noobie looking for dirt track/bashing Z2_Cantilever 5 5,801 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  New Rc Track Round Lake Beach zr2berger 0 3,224 11-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Last Post: zr2berger
  Introducing " The Scrap Yard " 1/5 scale track IN looker2756 7 9,318 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  carpet track near Strickly rc??? Jetboat 6 7,110 08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Krosenqu
  New INDOOR RC TRACK in Elgin, IL DjSnugs 74 24,986 05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Last Post: RaCeRx26
  Strictly RC Norridge IL - New Track chicagokenji 10 4,466 04-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji