Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Crawler Thread
Well due to the increased crawlers on the forum i figured why not have a thread like the mugen/kyosho/losi threads. Idea

ok let the crawl talk begin.

ok i have an idea to make a buggy drive train based crawler (like how maxx and savage crawlers are made) think this would work?

idea based off of this...
my savage/scorpion/tuber project - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
think what would work???? maybe Im not seeing a picture or something... I used to run an e-maxx based truck, tube chassis, maxx trans and axles etc... it was fun but supers get boring to me, they just laugh at the rocks. i did see a tc3 based build on RCC a while back...it was realy sweat, the guy made custom molded CF axles.
Large RC 4x4 Chevy truck with tube frame, independant + - eBay (item 230215264473 end time Jan-27-08 17:33:49 PST)

Somebody might be able to snag this cheap enough with that vague title.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
The "independant" suspension on that must be like the "Inline" V-6 in the '04 Mustangs (don't laugh one of our old employees at StC's Dad was told that at what once was Sycamore Ford.)
Jetboat Wrote:think what would work???? maybe Im not seeing a picture or something...

what i was getting at was the buggy center diff stuff would that be ok to use?

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Get an axial tranny or a pede tranny. Axial is bulletproof for $38 brand new
well i have a full TXT/Juggernaut tranny. its just at bubbas right now

what "buggy" diffs are you going to run? All this talk about supers lately is going to push me back into building another emaxx trcuk.....must resist!!!!
Kyosho 7.5 diffs
they could be used but, might take a bit of work....I couldnt find many pics of those and Im not very familiar with them myself... can you get spools for them? Looks like they have cvd outputs, will you be able to get long enough cvd's??? How will you build the axles around them? I dont mean to discourage by any means, these are just questions you need to answer before you start a build.. Bring them with to the Club meeting on the 2nd, I would like to take a look at them.
Racin' Ranger1 Wrote:what i was getting at was the buggy center diff stuff would that be ok to use?

You don't want a "Diff" on a crawler (Front. rear OR center). The problem a diff will cause, is when a wheel or axle gets stuck (Which will happen while crawling), it will lose all power to that axle, and just spin the other wheels. You want to run a locked front and rear axle, with a locked tranny. This way, all 4 tires are always getting power.

Look into a Scorpion tranny, it has a VERY big gear reduction, which will send a lot more pulling power to the wheels. Also, look at a solid axle setup over independent suspension. both will work, but the articulation of an independent suspension, will keep the tires parralel longer, not letting the "working" part of the tire do it's job. Crawler tires get the best bite from the surface of the tire, very little usable bite from the sidewall.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
yes i was going to lock them some how. and for making into a solid i was thinking about doing the same type of thing that is on the savage.

[Image: 315479536d72616f.jpg]

here is the diff
[Image: 315479537bc6aeaf.jpg]

Travis.... Just sell it on ebay and pick up a "meant to be" crawler...
i wont get anything for it and i thought this would be a fun project

they make lockers for savage (i.e. and 1/8 diff)
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Traxxas made a Spool also.
I think a buggy company makes a spool
maybe ofna.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
Foams question...

I got those losi rock claws, they have relatively firm foams.

I have some old foams from jumbomaxx tires, and i cut them to fit. The thing is though, they are one strip not a loop.

With the speeds crawlers go, do I need to glue the ends of the foam back together or will it be ok (no worries of it splitting/overlapping)?
one axle down one to go. i ditched the home made solid idea after looking at so more maxx crawlers and just went with a lock out and it looks alot better i used revo push rods for the top "arm" for now need to get some turn buckels cause wheels are looking like this

\----/

pics up later

lockouts are what 80% of the maxx people use

Foams..... take the stock foam and cut it in half so you end up with enough foam for 2 tires....then basicly cut triangle chunks out (starring)
[Image: moabssmall.jpg]
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
^HACK! lmao. j/k.

I've been practicing star cutting on some old foams. Getting better, then I find some really soft foams from jumbomaxxes laying around in a droor of mine, cut them in half and to lengh and man they feel good in my claws.
Mmmm my tcs order came in... pretty sweet.
thats not me. just a pic i found to help illustrate.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crawler Track @ RC Hobbies in Naperville JoeRocket33 26 15,866 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Bizzyb
  Losi Comp Crawler BJoe 4 5,883 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  My little CR-01 Crawler JEEP project team3six 24 5,930 05-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Last Post: team3six
  My new JUNFAC Crawler team3six 15 3,827 02-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  trailer mounted crawler course...attn SCRC and local hobby shops/raceways Jetboat 9 3,061 11-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Last Post: stratcat
  op hobby town crawler event firesprink281 3 2,153 10-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: PedeBasher8507
  New Crawler! BJoe 14 3,683 09-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Last Post: nothinbutpower
  SCRC summer series prize thread Jetboat 1 1,771 08-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Jetboat
  New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! Savyboy 625 85,724 07-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Catfisher
  Josh & Brian Need Your Assistance - LHR Crawler Course Build Jeep_Guy 1 1,753 06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Jeep_Guy