Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trailer mounted crawler course...attn SCRC and local hobby shops/raceways
I was approached about having a crawler course at I hobby next year. That gave me the idea to build a trailer mounted course that could be taken from location to location for events. I have 2 different ideas... 1 is to build the course on a dedicated trailer, the course would be permantly attached to the trailer. option 2 would be to build the course so it could be loaded and unloaded easily from a flat bed trailer. I have an old camper popup camper turned flatbed that I would donate for option 1 and I have a flatbed that I use for my atv's that could be used for option #2. Let me know what everyone thinks, I can provide the work space/tools and trailer but some help with building supplies would be nice.

just fyi...Im not thinking foam and bedliner either
I like both ideas, the trailer would make setup quick and easy, bit if you do the other one and build the sections right, it would be easier to vary the terrain. The latter could be a PITA to set up though depending on who you had to rely on to help with assembly of the course.
I have an idea. build a good base and make it permanet. them you can build in anchors for various transitons sor it can always be made different. I have tons of rocks and have a extra water pump to have make a waterfallBig Grin. i have some ideas on how to build it let me know i am in blue island also.
Ooooooohhh waterfall, I like that idea!
get a trashed trailer house for cheap, take the torch to the house part and that'll give you a trailer that's huge for your course... Big Grin
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
I can maybe get an old house trailer, just the frame, no house! Sup John!! :joy:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
what's happening dude? hey, we need to talk, may be working close to your place soon... give me a call when you get a chance...

think about it guys, no CDL to tow a trailer that big, you'd have enough room for two damned courses... make it permenant, even rig an awning/canvas cover and it'd be totally mobile (you guys gotta figure out where to put the keg)
stratcat Wrote:what's happening dude? hey, we need to talk, may be working close to your place soon... give me a call when you get a chance...

think about it guys, no CDL to tow a trailer that big, you'd have enough room for two damned courses... make it permenant, even rig an awning/canvas cover and it'd be totally mobile (you guys gotta figure out where to put the keg)

Will do and

Not a problem!!
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
And where do you plan on me storing it? Or pulling it with? I actually have a house trailer frame down at the farm...just little excessive.

Actually, most of the club hasnt been too keen to the trailer mounted course... Im looking into hard coating foam for a course for the minis.
Jetboat Wrote:And where do you plan on me storing it? Or pulling it with? I actually have a house trailer frame down at the farm...just little excessive.

Actually, most of the club hasnt been too keen to the trailer mounted course... Im looking into hard coating foam for a course for the minis.

hey man, I just come up with the ideas... you are responsible for building/towing/storing, lmao Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crawler Track @ RC Hobbies in Naperville JoeRocket33 26 15,625 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Bizzyb
  I-Hobby, anyone here going? bubbaracing 11 3,529 10-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Gene
  Losi Comp Crawler BJoe 4 5,851 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  My little CR-01 Crawler JEEP project team3six 24 5,832 05-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Last Post: team3six
  Attn Rockcrawlers Jetboat 1 1,880 05-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Last Post: rednotch88
  MAY 16 2009 SCRC Season opener LHR Joliet IL Jetboat 0 1,609 04-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Please read: Help find who robbed RRP Hobby! team3six 3 2,438 04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  My new JUNFAC Crawler team3six 15 3,724 02-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  op hobby town crawler event firesprink281 3 2,120 10-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: PedeBasher8507
  New Crawler! BJoe 14 3,622 09-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Last Post: nothinbutpower