Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mugen Screws
Does anybody know the best place to order screws? I am looking at buying from VTX since they sell titanium cheaper. Plus they have flatheads that I can use with countersunk washers for a little bling! Dont even know if I care if I get Ti screws or not. What would be the best place to look for screw lengths on the Mugen buggy? Should I down load the manual for them or is there someplace that had it broken down by size and quantity. I don't wanna get a tony's screw kit since it would have the same button heads. Thanks!
just go through the diagrams in the manual and cross reference sizes that you want to swap out and order those.
The best place? I don't know, check your LHS first. But A Main Hobbies has a good selection of VTX and other brand metric screws and M3 and M4 alum. washers.

Titanium is $$, around $1 per screw depending on size. Compare prices and go with the best deal. But if that's what you want to do......

A Main Hobbies
Losi 8B - O.S. - Futaba - ACE
dont use ti. it will just break. steel screws only. check tonys screws

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
just buy a tonys screw kit
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Get tony's screws. And get a decent set of drivers if you're having problems with stripping them.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
MIP drivers are about the best you will find. fairly cheap too.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
i have the rd logics drivers and since i bought them i havent had a problem with stripping screws
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Ti screws are fine i never snapped one. Your best bet is to order from Mcmaster carr, thats where the tony's screws come from. I ordered like 1200 screws for about 100$ like 4 yrs ago and I am just now nearing the bottom of the barrel
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Yeah use Mcmaster carr at work. DEEP discount. Might hafta go through them. I dont have a problem stripping screws. As I said I am replacing some of the buttonheads with flathead/countersunk screw. Just a little bling! It's my winter project.

By the way, if anybody has some R parts they wanna unload lemme know. I'm gonna do a complete rebuild.
let me know if u wanna help me out with that discount Wink lol

No problem Mike. We spend Millions a year with them. Just gotta figure out how place the order. It normally goes through our purchasing dept. I'll let you know when I get it figured out. Maybe put in a big order if anyone else wants in.

Was talking to one of our engineers and he said if I want any parts cnc'd he might be able to hook me up. Said just give him the part and he'll create a 3D model for the cnc machine. Oh the toys we have at work! Wish I could play with them!
man we got that stuff at school in our machine shop, what kinda price tag would that kinda stuff run?

We got stuff that would blow yer mind! Spent like 30 million last year to go state of the art. We got this thing to make 3d models that uses a liquid in a big vat. Then a computer shoots a laser into it and dot by dot turns the liquid into a solid slowly forming a perfect model. They have a 1 ton steel table they use for vibration testing that is so precise that they can program it to vibrate so perfectly it reproduces Led Zepplin Stairway to Heaven. You wouldn't believe it unless you heard it for yourself. I'm getting to know some of the engineers so they have been cool showing me the stuff.

Any CNC stuff they did for me would be free. As long as I didn't hit them up TOO much. Really they are big kids with cool toys that they love to play with! Makes me wann go back too school for engineering.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Mugen Thread allan42r 436 55,435 05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,159 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Mugen Mbx4 Xr Works PMHOURS 9 2,859 01-11-2008, 04:20 AM
Last Post: PMHOURS
  Need some help Mugen Guys!! Prospec? slaytanic 8 2,155 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Last Post: slaytanic
  MUGEN help and set up. allan42r 41 6,313 08-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3