Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mugen Linkage????????
I really need some help with my MBX5T linkage. I have spent about a good hour trying to figure this out. No matter how I set it up it binds in one way or another. Can some one post a tutorial of how to set up the throttle/brake linkage on a Mugen MBX5T. Pictures will help a lot! I am about to give up on this it is so frustrating. Thanks!

By the way, if it helps, I am running a Futaba S9350 Digital Servo at throttle/brake, and my radio is a 3PK.
We need more information, pics and descriptions of where/when it binds...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I can get pictures tomorrow because right now my camera's battery is dead. But I can set it up to open all the way, but the horn isn't straight on the servo to begin with. I can get it perfect, but the return spring puts so much pressure on the servo that it starts buzzing. I really can't explain it very well right now because I am so frustrated.:ugh:
ok man....if its on there, take off that little silver collar that is between the spring and the little black piece that snaps on your carb. that will give the spring more room and it will be good, as for the brake side i use a few little plastic washers betwen the horn and the two little plastic linkage pieces to make them parallel. mabey that will help...if not i will check out your pics dude.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
Also, get the neck of a balloon or rubber band or somthing around the carb/slide so that the spring on the linkage doesn't have to do the whole job, that should reduce the buzzing from the servo.
Thanks a lot guys. I will try your suggestions tomorrow because I am too tired right now. Should I cut the return spring a little bit?
Not yet.
no need, it will be fine...i have built about 5 mugen kits and have done all my linkages like that with zero problems....off set the little adjuster knobs on the brake rods too so they dont touch each other and they wont hit the carbon peice at full brake, and wont hit the servo at full throttle

I set it up today, but I had to use a shorter spring because there was no possible way I could get it setup with the stock spring. I did use a rubber band also like Ponch said to do. Chad, could you post a picture of your linkage so I can see how you fit the stock spring in there? Thanks!
i will in a day or so man, i have to get my camera back from my moms.

OK thanks.
[Image: 6446c260651e4ef.jpg]

took with my phone so I hope its clear enough

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
kev, i would try to straighten that horn out some bud.

here you go mine was even hitting fuel tank and someone showed me the fix Smile losen the screw at the wire holder @ pivot and retract them into the collar this spreads out the wires to make room i didnt belive i missed it either you can also extend there also this is the wire that holds the pull wires with collar i hope you get it (brake arms)
chickenfarmer3 Wrote:kev, i would try to straighten that horn out some bud.

why? you dont like my crooked ass servo horn. it works, clears everything and im leaving it.
I couldnt get enough brake with it straight. Spring too close to botteming out.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
meh....i will post a pic of mine in a day or so.

ya ur goal should be to have the horn straight at neutral
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
MX_KEVIN Wrote:[Image: 6446c260651e4ef.jpg]

took with my phone so I hope its clear enough

That's exactly how mine looks when I use the stock return spring. But when I use a shortened pen spring I can get the horn to be straight. I might just order up this linkage. Is it any good?

Pro Tune Throttle/Brake Linkage Set
If you can figure it out it would be cheaper but that's what I use on my Jammin and it works flawlessly and it extremely easy to set-up and to change set-ups on. I also used it on my Mugen and it worked great
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
that pro tune setup is exactly what comes on the sportwerks mayhem.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
that little silver piece that is next to the plastic part that hoks to the carb should go next to the other knurled silver piece that u turn to fine tune linkage, if you move that the spring will be the right length and all is well.

Here is how my linkage is set up. I already took the collar that adjusts the spring strength out.

[Image: DSC00777-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC007771-1.jpg]
im not sure what there called, but shouldnt those 2 little silver things with the set screws in them be closer to the loops that pull the brakes in? because those silver things push the brakes to straigten them out when you hit the gas right?
motoxer4life Wrote:im not sure what there called, but shouldnt those 2 little silver things with the set screws in them be closer to the loops that pull the brakes in? because those silver things push the brakes to straigten them out when you hit the gas right?

That can't be right because then they would hit the center diff mount.
nah, mine dont at least. if you can zoom in on this pic you can see:

[Image: Picture125.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Mugen Thread allan42r 436 55,427 05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,159 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Mugen Mbx4 Xr Works PMHOURS 9 2,859 01-11-2008, 04:20 AM
Last Post: PMHOURS
  Mugen Screws slaytanic 13 2,695 12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Last Post: slaytanic