Poll: Which of these motors would you choose?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
O.S. Vspec
56.25%
9 56.25%
Novarossi P5X
31.25%
5 31.25%
Ninja .21
0%
0 0%
Werks B7 .21
12.50%
2 12.50%
Radical 621T
0%
0 0%
Go Technology .21 5-port
0%
0 0%
Go Technology .21 7-port
0%
0 0%
Picco .28
0%
0 0%
O.S. .28XZ
0%
0 0%
Radical 628
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which motor
Well I'm looking to get a new motor in the off season because I probably won't be back at racing until January. Just wondering out of these 10 which would be the best. If I don't have one listed that you think is the best in my $300 price range tell me.

Edit:The $300 price range has some flex but no more than $50.

Thanks,
Gary
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
os vspec for ease of tuning or rb c6 for power and longevity.

stay away from radical, werks, or picco. wayy to hard to tune.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
to put in what? go with a .21 for fuel economy IMO and rule the go-techs and piccos and werks out........ JMO

get an RB. I have a ws7III and It rocks, easy to tune, and it dont flame so far. Im getting another RB soon just to have as a backup(I think a c6)

my choices would be
RB ws7III, c6 or even the new seven, depending on what the application is for...truggy im assuming, then get a c6bb.
Yes it's for a truggy but From the sounds of it it's already narrowed down to RB or OS but what about the Novarossi?
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
What about it? your just going to buy something that nobody will recommend anyways...
This thread will become nothing but a jumbled mess of opinions, stretch on for EVER and in the end you'll probally end up buy like a used F'in motor that wasnt evven on the list.
So who cares?
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Rb C6t7
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
rocco79 Wrote:What about it? your just going to buy something that nobody will recommend anyways...
This thread will become nothing but a jumbled mess of opinions, stretch on for EVER and in the end you'll probally end up buy like a used F'in motor that wasnt evven on the list.
So who cares?

Rocco this was already the list of motors I was going to choose from anyway. Also there's no reason to be a dick, sorry but that's just what you came across as. I will never buy a used motor again and if you want to close this thread close it I really don't care I just thought I'd get some opinions first.
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
ill never buy a used one again, im sure u all read why lmao

A dick huh?

Well then
ive called rocco much worse

I like the OS for its bottem and easy tunning. Id also like to try the P5X one day but just when I thought Id have to buy another motor after 2 year of use, Hobby Services sends me a brand new 07 Vspec for warranty replacement. Oh well maybe in another year. Wink

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
rocco79 Wrote:A dick huh?

Well then

lolololol, finger musta got itchey.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
rocco your a dick,ban me, i dare ya. im your #1 customer and i've got the big ol belly to prove it. LOVE them cookies.lol oh and if ya dont know whats what about motors just get the cheap sportworks
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS
LoL !!! i didnt ban the lil V.D.

But i did "massage' the numbers on his engine poll! hahahaha!!!
gotta go cookies sound pretty goodBig Grin
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS
Well This Tread Is Use Full For Those Just Starting In The Rc World. I'm Looking To Get A Motor For My Losi8. Price Under $500 And A .21, Also Easy To Tune (for The Rookie I Am It Is Hard For To Tune Right Now) The Motor Needs To Last. Not Looking For A Motor That I Could Out Grow. Please Let Me Know Why You Like The Motor You List.
Gary, the GO Tech 5 port is very similar to the Novarossi P5X, so close that you can use the GO P/S/R in the P5X. OH yeah, and it costs only $199. Longevity? I've got 6 1/2 gallons on my GO 5 port.

The engine is very easy to tune. If you need help just ask me.

I see you on the GO thread, surely you've seen enough by now to know this engine is the real deal. Just buy it and be happy like the rest of us. Use the money you save for tires-cuz you're gonna be burning some rubber.
Thanks to:
Go Tech Engines http://www.racefactorindustries.com
Merlin Glow Plugs http://www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing http://www.vantageracing.com
Torco RC Racing Fuels http://www.torco.com
Vspec. Easiest motor to tune out there, around $230, I've gotten around 10 gallons on mine and still screams.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Don't worry Bruce I've got one on the way. And it's Pro-Twister modded so I don't think I'll have any worries about having a slow engine. A slow driver on the other hand...
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
The Fuel Your Using Is 30% Nitro Right
never had a issue with tuning a werks engine bought a b3 from chad had no prbs...I just got another b3 last week a local guy runs the b7 and b3 no prbs eighter? the p5x is a very solid engine I have had 3 of them over time.
I Heard That That P5x Is Hard To Tune. If Not Right It Will Not Start. I'm Tring To Narrow The Feild Down For That I Can Race The Losi8 Without ? On The Motor I'm Using.
PMHOURS Wrote:I Heard That That P5x Is Hard To Tune. If Not Right It Will Not Start. I'm Tring To Narrow The Feild Down For That I Can Race The Losi8 Without ? On The Motor I'm Using.

Absoulutley FALSE!! The p5x is pretty much the benchmark for an italain motor... Easy to tune PLENTY of power even in a truggy and with proper care 9 gallons isnt hard to achieve at all!
Ok Then What Is The Deal With Some Motors Being Hard To Tune. Is It The Price That Id Hard To Tune. I Just Want A Motor That Has Tourque And Power. And Not Going To Out Grow. Dont Need To Go Broke Either.
VSPEC
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Port and polished motor Edward Rc 1 3,171 11-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  2nd motor back from propinch eraser 83 26,507 05-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  eletric motor turns to RPM's.......... bob1961 4 5,263 03-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bob1961
  question about a new motor eraser 20 4,630 10-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Last Post: willitbme15