Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Car Speakers
I don't want to throw some cvr's in my car, but the stock speakers are pretty bad. What's a good brand speaker?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
J/C...What size speakers are in there?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Pioneeeeeer, Fosgate.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
I've got 5.25" Infinity's in the front doors on my Jeep and want to put either 5.25" or 6.5" Infinities in the roof just ahead of the hatch. When we put them in, Dad and I used 14 guage wire from Horizon Hobby and Deans plugs running from the factory harness to the speaker harness. Stock wire was about 20 guage or smaller!

Here's old and new
[Image: jpsp13.jpg][Image: jpsp12.jpg]

Here's how we set up the speaker pigtail
[Image: jpsp9.jpg]

The D/S door wires
[Image: jpsp4.jpg]

Stock Plugs
[Image: jpsp1.jpg]

Installed, which took punching new holes in the door (Dad prefered punching instead of drilling the holes, which is supposed to hold the screws better)
[Image: jpsp2.jpg]
LLLMMMAAAOOO Deans...Nice Nice.

I was reading....If you're solding wires for speakers etc, use copper solder instead of silver or whatever...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I think the best bang for the buck is the Infinity Kappa Perfect line up. Not only are the interiors good, but the subs hit hard and clear.
I have always been a alpine Type R, or Type S fan myself...have them all the way around in our explorer and they sound VERY good with no distortion, had the subs about 4 years ago just 2 10's and they also sounded very nice
I will also say that I was quite impressed with the Type R. I wanted a Type X for a while but came to my senses and got an Adire Audio Brahma.
Ponch Wrote:J/C...What size speakers are in there?

Haven't gotten around to taking the front door panel off yet, but the rear speakers are 4" and the fronts appear to be the same size.

I'm going to take a ride tomorrow to check out what best buy has.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:I'm going to take a ride tomorrow to check out what best buy has.

Problem number one. If you can, try to go through a smaller audio specific store. They will often have lower end stuff in the same price range as best buy, and infinitely better. They are more knowledgeable and you may get lucky and find some close outs....
Ok. I was going to do some pricing around, but thanks for the heads up.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
No worries. About the only thing I could see picking up at Best Buy would be an Alpine Type R. They seem to have decent prices on them and they are a solid sub.
What's your take on ordering from Crutchfield. I bought a radio from them in the past because I had a gift card. Looking to buy some door speakers as well. You think they have decent prices ??? What's your opinion on Polk Audio speakers? I'm looking for some 6 1/2 or 6 3/4
I think I am SOL because it looks like all aftermarket speakers won't fit unless I put some 4" speakers in my doors. I picked up some infinity 5 1/4" and they won't in the whole that the stock speaker is in. I don't want to cut up the door or anything.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Which Infinity's and can you put them elsewhere in the car?
Some references. They didn't have any kappa's and the alpine type R's only came in a 6 1/2". There's really no other place to put it in the car other than on the rear deck/in the trunk and I don't want to wire everything back there.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holy Hell this ain't good..... BJoe 9 2,776 03-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Last Post: thenewguy821
  Free fuel any good?? nitrodude 20 3,612 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Last Post: nitrodude
  hey can some people can show me some good designs ORC Jr. 14 2,757 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Got some good news today for a change... Czech-it-Out Graphics 12 2,383 04-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Last Post: xxxnt with trx 2.5
  No one is as good a father as this guy. t to the maxx2 7 2,502 02-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  In Memory of a good friend Lost. SLOW REVO 17 4,666 12-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  Diamond's = Good FreeRideFrosty 41 4,613 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Good Ol' Juan Uribe FreeRideFrosty 13 2,139 10-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  Too Good to be True? Ponch 6 1,350 10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Good Hex Drivers? Traxxas_Junkee 25 4,972 09-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4