Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engines
I have that HB .26, how much could it sell for if it were 3 gallons. I have a .32 to buy!
$30

you can get them for $90 or less, new, from people on forums/ebay
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
use it as a paper weight
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
Just run it till it dies bud.. RtR motors have little resale new let alone used .. And considering how much fuel is on yours i wouldnt think there would be to much of a market...
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
and dont put a .32 in ur buggy a .21 would prolly be faster anyway
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Hes a basher bro... .32 is prolly more durable and less fincky than a comparable .21
im sure if hes gonna bash he would want the fastest thing he can get those .32 usually arent made by quality brands

Agreed that a 32's arent made by any compant i would recommend. But i know an axial .28 (from what i read these arent bad) can be had at the LHS by my house for 124$

Not many 21's with pullstarts i would suggest either bro
so get the mach .26 then

answer ur im nerd

Yeah mach 26/sportwerks 26 all the way bro
rocco79 Wrote:Yeah mach 26/sportwerks 26 all the way bro

I'd have to agree. The Dynamite Mach .26 and SW .26 are both good engines for what he is looking for. They both usually run pretty close in price, since they are the EXACT same engine. The only difference, is the SW .26 has carb inserts, for a little more adjustability. If you have a choice between the 2, take the SW, and run the largest carb insert. Another option, in the same price range, are the XTM .247 and the SH .28. All these engines are made by the same company (SH makes the engines for Dynamite and XTM)

Also, the Axial engines are good. Firesprink has 2 Axial .28's and a .32. All have been easy to tune, and run strong.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
dentguy92 Wrote:use it as a paper weight
Use it for an experiement, put the car on a stand fill it with fuel.
Start engine, hold it wide open. see how well your tires are glued on.
If motor blows before tires come off . you did a good job
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
Lololololol!!!!!!
and rig up a propane torch to the carb and feed some "nos" into it...goggles are important lol

And dont forget to video tape it.
So the rest of us can see how the expieriment turned out.Big Grin
[url][/url]

make sure u have enough tape for the ambulance ride too llol

And dont forget to put in the Disclaimer at the beggining of the video. So you dont get sued.

Warning this test was completed by a complete moron, And should'nt be attemted at home, Unless........... with another complete moron. And remember always wear safty goggles.
[url][/url]

SLOW REVO Wrote:Use it for an experiement, put the car on a stand fill it with fuel.
Start engine, hold it wide open. see how well your tires are glued on.
If motor blows before tires come off . you did a good job
lol
First question you should ask is do you want to race at all? If so, stick with a .21.

A decent .21 mill is a Hyper .21 8port. Good power, decent price at about $120 I think. It'll run right with a Axial .28 but is softer on the bottom end.

If you don't care about racing (we all know I don't) Then look at your budget.

Team Infinity / Power Racing .27 3ports can be had for about $70 on ebay from SupraSales. Performs alot like a .21 engine than a .27. Not alot of punch down low but tons of RPM to play with. A .21 vspec would still destory it. But for $70 you can't really argue. Good with a low or mid-range pipe in a buggy.

Axial .28's are cheap as chips, $124. If you know someone in Omaha NE you can get them for about $110 shipped w/tax. Good motors for the money. Easy to tune and good power. The .32 moves a savage like nothing I've ever seen.

The LRP z28 spec 3 is good. Supposed to have a crap load of power for the money. I was considering it before I got my NR 528xr's. Haven't personally seen one run though, just was considering it because most people have good things to say about it for the power and money.

The OS 30vg has a crap load of power and when I sold my 30vg at about 6 gallons it still took over 30 seconds to flop over and was still giving my bump start fits. Lots of compression amazing how long that ABL (nickel based sleeve) lasted. Its only a 3port and is stronger than the Novarossi 528xs 3port on the top end. Plus OS's 2yr warrenty is amazing. I bought mine used originally and the block cracked (was at a show and doing small jumps on concrete, 3 weeks later the block cracked from front bearing to back plate) OS replaced it with a brand new 30vg which is what I broke in and sold later. Son1c got a steal as I sold it to him for $100 and he sent it in, OS sent him and brand new one back! Buy an OS and for about 2yrs you can get replacement engines when they die. Smile It'll motivate your buggy to 50+ if geared higher, I was running a 17t but it was quite happy with a 15t as well. A 13t was too small and the power band isn't as long as a .21 so you gear higher and use the torque to your advantage.

Whats your budget? I've found two NR 528xr's for about $200 now, and am very happy with them. Though I've only run the buggy for one tank so far and didn't finish tuning it. But its a monster on the street. I might show up with it next saturday cause I got a pair of switch 2's on the way and I'm gonna need every bit of traction with that motor.

If you want a warrenty I say an OS is your only option! OS's customer service is amazing. I think its just cheaper for them to send a new motor than to do warrenty work on your old motor.
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:The LRP z28 spec 3 is good. Supposed to have a crap load of power for the money. I was considering it before I got my NR 528xr's. Haven't personally seen one run though, just was considering it because most people have good things to say about it for the power and money.

If you want to see some video of the LRP, go to lstforums.com, and search through some of the videos there. A LOT of the guys on that forum are running them in their LST's and they pull the heavy beast around with ease.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
no LRP's they dont last

So youve been told....
so ive seen...

There made by sh and my experinces have been good (XTM 24/7pro) Prolly not as durable to serious competition racing like the one you are refering to seeing... But for club level and bashing it should be fine
SH? have u seen the blown engine thread on the grid lol dominated by everything SH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple Questions about Engines... janetandsteveo 10 5,480 04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Last Post: J-Dub
  GRP Engines Toughtrax 2 2,210 02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
  O.S. Making new ninja engines cheesecake 16 4,444 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
  Go Tech Engines. slaytanic 31 6,574 09-21-2007, 09:51 PM
  werks engines? reliable? cheesecake 10 2,719 09-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Last Post: cheesecake
  opinions on engines for 8ight Tex 87 12,721 02-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Last Post: rocco79
  bench tuning engines chicagokenji 17 3,814 07-14-2006, 06:47 PM