Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Questions about Engines...
Hey all, im new to the RC world, but have been sucked in quick in the past week. Went to Al's Hobby shop for plastic models Saturday and walked out with an Inferno GT, returned Monday for a Savage X....and now have engine questions...

This all wraps around the coming Savage XL (WOOHOO!!!)
When it comes out I plan on buying it simply for upgrading the X i have. but i was wondering since I'll be taking out the 4.6 from the X what would it do for the GT if i put it in there?

And also, what kind of improved performance can I expect from putting the 5.9 in the X?

And last question, if all of the above is stupid and retarded

what kind of engine should I be looking at for my Savage X and my GT? Im still getting the XL Smile
Al's in... Um what town is that? Elmhurst? I'm new to the scence too, but if your going to the same place im thinking of, then when you go in there you need to talk to, chip, when you go in. He gave me some good help with my "vintage" sandmaster. He's also been helpin my buddy for years and he knows his stuff. One of these guys here can probably tell ya what you need to know, but sometimes its nice talkin face to face.
Drive it like ya stole it
...Why not just keep the bigger engine in the bigger truck...the 4.6 would be same size engine as the Inferno GT but tons more wallop I think.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
J-Dub Wrote:...Why not just keep the bigger engine in the bigger truck...the 4.6 would be same size engine as the Inferno GT but tons more wallop I think.

it deffinatly says he is putting a 5.9 in the savage...so therefore he is
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Like putting a TRX 3.3 in a XXXNT or something...Lol. Whatever floats your boat but if you're going to buy a truck just to get the engine, thats a waste. Just buy the engine seperate.

cause I believe the engine is around 400-500 on its own the NitroStar 5.9, + the three speed tranny, + the other upgraded parts coming in the XL, im sure i couldnt get them for the 550-600 the XL is going to be.

/and als is in Elmhurst, I talk to Tim, he knows alot more stuff and is nicer than Chip.
they both know alot more stuff i usually end up chatting with one or the other everytime i go in there
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
janetandsteveo Wrote:Hey all, im new to the RC world, but have been sucked in quick in the past week. Went to Al's Hobby shop for plastic models Saturday and walked out with an Inferno GT, returned Monday for a Savage X....and now have engine questions...

This all wraps around the coming Savage XL (WOOHOO!!!)
When it comes out I plan on buying it simply for upgrading the X i have. but i was wondering since I'll be taking out the 4.6 from the X what would it do for the GT if i put it in there?

And also, what kind of improved performance can I expect from putting the 5.9 in the X?

And last question, if all of the above is stupid and retarded

what kind of engine should I be looking at for my Savage X and my GT? Im still getting the XL Smile

Ok buddy....

If i were you i would LEAVE that new motor in the XL savage. i looked that truck up and it looks as though HPI has done some serious upgrades to the drive train of the Savage X to handle the torque and to bullet proof the model for serious speed and bashing.

Enjoy the savage X in its stock form... If you REALLy must go with a better motor look at the Mach line of engines. They are reasonably priced and are great for someone new to the hobby all the way to the experinced racer.

As for the Kyosho.... I would also look at the look at a mach engine for it.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
That's what I was trying to say... Lol

ok will do...thanks for the help guys.

*impatiently waiting for the XL to come out*
Im willing to bet that that 5.9 isnt 400 dollars. by the way.

Thats like the cost of a Novarossi 528 Modded Motor. Lol

Edit: so maybe it is like 339. doesnt beat the MGT 8.0 For Size though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A couple of questions (boost bottle and exhaust) stratcat 5 4,306 05-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  GRP Engines Toughtrax 2 2,205 02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Last Post: J-Dub
  O.S. Making new ninja engines cheesecake 16 4,420 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
  Go Tech Engines. slaytanic 31 6,522 09-21-2007, 09:51 PM
  werks engines? reliable? cheesecake 10 2,704 09-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Werks Questions FreeRideFrosty 35 5,389 03-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  opinions on engines for 8ight Tex 87 12,614 02-26-2007, 08:18 AM