Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brushless Rules!
I was going to wait for my aluminum to arrive (I've got everything FLM makes) but the BL system was calling me yesterday. I put my new tires on (blades in the front, hole shots in the rear) the Novak system and went outside early (before the birthday party started). WOW! It's like I've got hydrolics on the front of this thing, I can make it hop up and down the road.

I've got to get a wheelie bar now, it flips over way to easy. Here is a pic of the installation, been trying to hold off taking pictures of the truck till after the aluminum arrives. This is my workbench AKA kitchen table;

[Image: normal_workbench.jpg]
you should re-gear if it wheelies that easy. that way you can realy scream down the streets. :eek: Cool
bl systems are awsome. you going to use lipo bats?
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
I'm a little afraid of lipo, its too volitile for me.
I made a video today of how easily this truck wheelies now; brushless video
no lopo?!? i run a 11.1v 2100 pack on the bl 18t. i can run for a long time!! at insane speed. as long as you get a charger with a temp probe youll be fine. i have yet to over heat a pack.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
You nitro guys are not going to be able to handle this insane BL speed, if I can keep it on the track Smile
RCDad Wrote:You nitro guys are not going to be able to handle this insane BL speed, if I can keep it on the track Smile
Big Grin Big Grin you should come by me. i found a skate park. i had the jato flying!!!!! good thing, no kids there is a couple of holes in the ramp armor so they dont skate there. its not fenced in and there is a large pad of black top next to it.
RCDad, your rims are on the Pede wrong. You have the rear rims installed in the front, that's why your offsets are all screwed up. Hopefully you can get the tires off to re-glue them on the right rims.

Hve fun with the BL!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Hey,
What kind of battery are you running on your car. When i got my XXX T i listened to tex and got the GP3700 pack its awsome except the tamiya plug is to short it keeps losing its connection so i gotta fix that. how much did the brushless motor cost. i really want to get one. how fast do you think it can go?????

~Noto
o and firesprink where is that skate park theres one by my house but its always full of little kids and there are like three ramps
Notochord, you need some quality plugs on that batt of yours, like deans connectors for instance. Tamiya plugs are crap dude.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I'll just have to go with them like they are, I glued the sh*t out of them. I use these batteries. I get some great run time and speed with them and the BL setup. Today while making a vid I noticed when putting the movie together I was running the truck for about 15 min. and still had juice to go.
Notochord Wrote:o and firesprink where is that skate park theres one by my house but its always full of little kids and there are like three ramps
its on 144th west of keaton. there are a couple of holes in the ramps so the kids dont ride them. me and glen went there sunday, it was a blast. there is about a 10' wide half pipe, a 7' wide 1/4 pipe, and some other jumps. ill get pics next time.
are brushless motors alowed at Leisure hobbies races. i was reading on another forum and it said that most races dont allow brushless motors. and can you get an esc for brushless and brushed motors

~Noto
No, there is not a class at Leisure for brushless yet. They run stock (27T), 19t, and modified (any brushed motor). Most people run 10t, 11t, or 12t motors in modified.

I would get that new Novak esc that control brushed and brushless motors this way you can upgrade to a brushless motor when class start opening up for that.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
how do you put dean plugs on your battery and esc do you just like stick some some solder on the end of wire and stick it in????

Noto
It has instructions that are pretty decent. Have you ever soldered?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
ya lol
Tex, I just realized this morning you can replace those plastic camber pieces with adjustable turnbuckles *slaps forehead*. Got them front and rear now, camber problem all fixed.
I hate soldering deans connectors. They are a pain in the arse to solder, and an amateur can screw it up very easily. Those connectors will melt pretty quick if your not carefull.
I use powerpoles, not only are deans a pain to solder, they can be a real pain to pull apart.
Wow I thought the deans were mighty simple to solder. That's when I really learned how to solder, was when I did all my deans connectors.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Powerpoles take me maybe such a short time. I bought the crimping tool. To me its just the better choice. Plus Deans used to cost me like $2.50 a pair.
hows that rusty bl holding up? just to check did you already put an alum idler in your trany? ive been running my bl rusty for a few years now and it still screams like the day i set it up! have fun running it on a track, youll need a really soft touch to keep it planted!
RCDad has a BL Pede!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Revo Brushless Edition? Summit? J-Dub 2 3,307 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Fastlane GraphiX
  brushless, sensored or sensorless ? bkdent 3 1,671 12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: thenewguy821